Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

RTW Lag

doomcooperdoomcooper Registered Users Posts: 1
I swear I have tried every thing. My problem is that when I'm in the campaign and battle map, the game heavily lags, and its practically unplayable. Every single fix for this problem seems to only work for PC's that have Nvidia or AMD graphics cards, but I have an Intel Graphics card, so they don't seem to work. Nobody on the internet seems to know how to fix it for Intel, so this is my last try. PLEASE help me with this, I love RTW but I cant play it now and its driving me crazy!

Comments

• CheChe Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 804
    edited May 27
    I have the same problem, but I have an NVIDIA graphics card, and the solutions I've found online haven't worked on my computer. :(
    "You can learn more about a man in one hour of play, than in an entire year of conversation" - Plato

"Just because you don't take an interest in politics, doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you" - Pericles, 430BC

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine" - Ernesto "Che" Guevara
  • SaeColumSaeColum Registered Users Posts: 5
    edited June 1
    Hi,

For those who have intel and even an NVIDIA graphics card, I suggest you turn off intel in the bios, or within the NVIDIA graphics card settings, this is how it worked well for me! Thus, it requires more capacity and cooling, flat, straight table or cool from below is just good.
    Sae
  • CheChe Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 804
    edited June 1
    SaeColum said:

Hi,

For those who have intel and even an NVIDIA graphics card, I suggest you turn off intel in the bios, or within the NVIDIA graphics card settings, this is how it worked well for me! Thus, it requires more capacity and cooling, flat, straight table or cool from below is just good.

Thanks, SaeColum. Speaking for myself, I already did that. That was a possible solution that I, myself posted about a few years ago. However, this problem seems different.

I seem to have solved the lag in battles by using a special method given by SEGA tech support to turn off most background programs and then choosing the 1280x720 screen resolution option (I had put 1920x1080 on the preferences file based on an advice video, because I assumed it would work).

However, I still have some lag on the campaign map (more than I remember from my first few years of playing RTW in Vista and Windows 7). What screen resolution do you choose for the campaign map in the game? There don't seem to be all the same choices as there are for the battle map (e.g. no 1280x720 option).
    "You can learn more about a man in one hour of play, than in an entire year of conversation" - Plato

"Just because you don't take an interest in politics, doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you" - Pericles, 430BC

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine" - Ernesto "Che" Guevara
  • SaeColumSaeColum Registered Users Posts: 5
    Dell Inspiron Notebook
    Intel, Core, i3

I use the following settings within the game.

Battle Map Resolution. 1152X864X32
    Strategy Map Resolution. 1152X864X16
    Performance. Costum

Show Advanced Options. pipe

No Anti-Aliasing. I customize the video card
    Terian Detail. High
    Bulding Detail. Low
    Grass Detail. High
    Unit Scale. Large
    Unit Detail. Medium
    Effects Detail. High
    Vegetation Detail. High