Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Possible visual addition of opponents remaining WOM pool

Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 7,785Registered Users
I was thinking would it be beneficial to see opponents WOM pool in same way as you can see your own one (it could be a smaller icon near the mini map).

The benefits of it;

Monitor WOM left to opponent
Determine how your abilities/items are affecting him

Negative

Be able to see WOM go down when a spell is cast so potentially easier way to spot spells you might have missed, though that could be seen as a positive in some way also for newer players.

Comments

• MrRipper707MrRipper707 Posts: 146Registered Users
    edited June 8
    I would say it shouldnt be exactly accurate but should let you know what they have in a range. Maybe 0-10 11-20 21-30 as brackets.

Should you have this much tactical informatuon on your opponent in this regard is what I wonder though. Not in favor or against it necessarily curious to see how this thread plays out.
  • LamentationsLamentations Posts: 101Registered Users
    I think this would be fun and help make it clear how useful the mana degenerating items are.
  • FerrousTarkusFerrousTarkus Posts: 525Registered Users
    What about a small blue WoM vortex that varies in size/intensity/transparency around caster units instead?

I would rather have something not interface related for the enemy information.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,685Registered Users
    I like it
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Posts: 357Registered Users
    How would something like this be implemented. I wouldn't want it on the hub. Maybe if you scroll over the caster they'd show the amount of WoM they have and whats left in the reserves.
  • another505another505 Posts: 1,010Registered Users
    Would be interesting.
    Ya a general indicator of how much, dont give the specific number of WOM though.
    Just make a smaller orb next to the WOM. Make it similar to our current WOM orb but without the number so it would give a general indicator.
  • Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Posts: 3,726Registered Users
    Not sure what I think yet, but one option would be a wom balance indicator rather, which side has the most?
  • WojmirVonCarsteinWojmirVonCarstein Posts: 699Registered Users
    I would put a 10s delay on it so that you cannot spot a spell being cast in this way.
  • Cukie251Cukie251 Posts: 918Registered Users
    Idk, I'm not sure its a good idea to know exactly how much WoM your opponent has left. Knowing exactly what spells your opponent is capable of casting at what time would hurt the magic gameplay IMO. I'd rather it stay vague guesswork with a bit of surprises rather than turning magic into a 100% knowable system.