Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What are the teams working on????.....

redknight83redknight83 Posts: 109Registered Users
edited June 9 in General Discussion
Every now again CA will release a blog on their website called 'what the teams are working on', but they have not released one of the posts since February. Also the FLC chart that use to indicate what future FLC was on its way has run its course, so will their be more FLC or no more FLC. I thought after the release of 3K one these posts would probably be made but still we have silence.

I would just like to know if we will get a cross game lord pack or whether it is another standard game 2 lord pack, or maybe some variation we have not seen. Naturally also I would like to know whether we will get more FLC LLs, heroes, units or something else.

People have been speculating over this for what seems like ages, but has just been since April (Since Prophet and Warlock)

I am just hoping that one of these is released sometime soon as the future of WH:TW2 seems to be shrouded in secrecy

Just to further prove my point these use to be released on a fairly regular schedule the 3 previous blogs were November 2018, January 2019 and February 2019 then nothing up till now.

Tell me what you think about this gap in the regular schedule and any further thoughts you may have.

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,066Registered Users
    They don't do those anymore. They found they were ineffective and the vague hints in them were proving to be irksome rather than informative.

Presumably they'll give us information when they have information they're willing to give.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Posts: 516Registered Users
    ...You couldn't have used the thread that was literally just updated today? Really?
  • PancakesPancakes Posts: 377Registered Users
    Should have a post or press release on Tuesday detailing all current betas,

They abandoned the dlc array, after people stopped checking it and it wasn't generating the traffic they wanted it to.

Your looking at November or December for the next DLC, so nm until then.

Grace on Reddit confirmed 1 more dlc, but dispute the hype about it only being a lord pack, nothing was said to that effect, just, one more dlc for game 2
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 1,484Registered Users
    Every public relations info scheme they've devised they've eventually abandoned, except, well, the release announcements themselves.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 4,092Registered Users

They don't do those anymore. They found they were ineffective and the vague hints in them were proving to be irksome rather than informative.

Presumably they'll give us information when they have information they're willing to give.

Sounds like we will be waiting until release then.
  • TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Posts: 836Registered Users

...You couldn't have used the thread that was literally just updated today? Really?

I find it is easier to ignore all of the dupe threads. People (especially those younger kids among the forum) will almost never search and/or read even the full first 2 pages of the forum. It is a hopeless cause.
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Posts: 516Registered Users

I find it is easier to ignore all of the dupe threads. People (especially those younger kids among the forum) will almost never search and/or read even the full first 2 pages of the forum. It is a hopeless cause.
    Oof, it's painful. The other one was literally on the same page.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 1,457Registered Users

Not quite. They're reworking how they are doing them, it will come back.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,233Registered Users
    TBH this post doesn’t even have a chance of being noticed here.

It might on reddit but that’s assuming it doesn’t get swamped by 3k stuff.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,189Registered Users
    Sephlock said:

The only response they will give is the same one they have given so far:

They are working on a new way to present the information. Stay tuned.
  • adjungadjung Posts: 194Registered Users

Sephlock said:

Yeah, it's getting ridiculous. Stayin' tuned since February... They just didn't bother to make a new blog post because they haven't been working on anything except for 3K, and we are supposed to buy it. Warhammer? What's that?

Forward onto Slaughter.
    adjung said:

Sephlock said:

Yeah, it's getting ridiculous. Stayin' tuned since February... They just didn't bother to make a new blog post because they haven't been working on anything except for 3K, and we are supposed to buy it. Warhammer? What's that?
    They haven't been working on anything except 3K? That's hugely unlikely.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,133Registered Users

adjung said:

Sephlock said:

But someone on the internet said it! How could it not be true then?
    Later
  • uriakuriak Posts: 3,421Registered Users
    Unfortunately I've got echoes of the same thing -ie only working on 3K right now. Discussed with some peeps, they think it would be more honest to say it, instead of being afraid of the crowd reaction.

Anyway, I wouldn't expect much news before a while.

adjung said:

Sephlock said:

While my statement regarding CA not working on anything but 3K is wrong, they certainly do everything in their power to make it seem so. They fixed some issues with P&W and they gave us a new Empire wizard, I admit. However, it is also true that they haven't been doing an update blog since February, although they promised to come up with a better way of keeping us updated. In which they have failed miserably; this "happens" to coincide with the release of 3K.

Kind regards,

Someone on the internet

Forward onto Slaughter.
    adjung said:

adjung said:

Sephlock said:

While my statement regarding CA not working on anything but 3K is wrong, they certainly do everything in their power to make it seem so. They fixed some issues with P&W and they gave us a new Empire wizard, I admit. However, it is also true that they haven't been doing an update blog since February, although they promised to come up with a better way of keeping us updated. In which they have failed miserably; this "happens" to coincide with the release of 3K.

Kind regards,

Someone on the internet
    Nothing says "Working on 3K exclusively" like actively updating a game that's not 3K while promising more DLC for that game.

adjung said:

adjung said:

Sephlock said:

Kind regards,

Someone on the internet
    Nothing says "Working on 3K exclusively" like actively updating a game that's not 3K while promising more DLC for that game.
    Congrats for paraphrasing part of my previous statement whilst ignoring the fact that there hasn't been a blog update since February, which was also part of my statement.

Forward onto Slaughter.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,133Registered Users
    adjung said:

adjung said:

adjung said:

Sephlock said:

Kind regards,

Someone on the internet
    Congrats for paraphrasing part of my previous statement whilst ignoring the fact that there hasn't been a blog update since February, which was also part of my statement.
    While there hasn't been a WTTAWO blog update since February there has been a DLC and 2 large patches as well as an FLC LL and an FLC old world rework. I think it's safer to say we haven't heard anything from CA since the Amethyst update and that was last month. While I think they should be more active here too and keep us more informed, miscategorizing the situation doesn't encourage that. It encourages them to not bother talking with us if we're unhappy either way. They have given us both content and information since February.

May 15th: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/the-amethyst-update/
    April 16th: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-patch-notes-the-doomsayer-update/
    April 4th: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-the-prophet-the-warlock-faq/
    Later
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,233Registered Users
    三国演义
    adjung said:

adjung said:

adjung said:

Sephlock said:

Kind regards,

Someone on the internet
    That you acknowledge you contradicted yourself does not make it any less of a contradiction.

CA are as you acknowledged actively updating and working on the game. That there hasn't been a WTTAWO (as they have released 3 other things in this time) is irrelevant. The statement that they're exclusively working on 3K is disproven by the recent DLC, the recent updates, and the upcoming LP DLCs. If they wanted to make it seem like they were working exclusively on 3K they wouldn't have done any of those 3 things.

This is why it's important to be accurate in description of issues. CA could absolutely improve their communication, but that point is lost in the false accusation here.
  • PancakesPancakes Posts: 377Registered Users
    Teams are working on beta updates and modding support. they said they would release a blogpost on it earlier this month. But for some reason it's been delayed. No word yet on why or what's going on.