A loyal Total War player since the 16 years around, but.. I just dunno how the devs came out with such a wierd game. Honestly, this is the most confusing and boring Total War game ever for me:
- Unit rosters are but a few
- Name, places, all the content in general.. looks unfimiliar and there is nothing for a westerner to identify himself with.
- After reaching turn 50 and so every faction rushes for coalitions and you suddenly start getting 10 or so messages telling that x has declared war on y, z did the same.. A total chaos in short and you begin loosing the control on the game from that moment on..
- The content regarding factions in the game are clearly and deliberately crippled heavily for the sake of upcoming DLCs / Chapters, and the milking process will follow of course!
- After turn 80~ around the game absolutely starts repeating itself.
- Do check the other positive comments in Steam page, most of them are left by Chinese players.
+ Romance mode.. Something new are always welcomed.
+ The game interestingly doesn't make you cancer with infinite laoding screens and turns just how TW: WH2 does.
+ Diplomacy seems more realistic than ever.
In a nut shell,
I'm personally regret of purchasing this game. Yes, there are a few good improvements, I'll give them that. But this one obviously is an order-based game which targeting Chinese market. Just didn't like it and probably not going to give it a second try after 30 boring hours..
Some people are not known for questioning the things they've paid for. Is it a virtue one must have in Modern Times?