Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Idea for my Empire campaign.

TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,438Registered Users
Legendary (VH battle) Karl Franz campaign.

Rules:
Large unit size
20 minute timer (to force me to attack AI in sieges)
If Karl Franz gets wounded in battle the campaign is over.
No mods, cheats etc except decline diplomacy mod (cant play without it, the spamming diplomacy ruins my fun)

Idea:
Make Karl Franz into THE Emperor. 80% damage resistance, regen etc.

Updates to the campaign will follow as posts in this thread.
Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.

Comments

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,438Registered Users
    edited June 11
    Did the mage quest on turn 1. Almost got KF killed (had like 200 hp left). Got an astromancer (wanted life). Army in tatters but all units survived.

Recruited swordsmen turn 1 and 2. Took second settlement turn 3. Turn 4 all of Reikland.
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
    Orcs (skullsmashers i think they are called) sent a few stacks to Reikland other than that nothing much happened as i got walls up.

Von Carsteins have been displaced to Eschen. They need to survive. That sweet regen.
    edited June 12
    Managed to get Isabella. Then I took Marienburg and Nuln.

Vampire wars. Had difficult battles against VC that had taken stirland and Averland. They were str rank 1 and i didnt want to fail sieges (timer) so it took a while.

Karl Franz almost died in a siege vs 2 unit vargheists. I thought he could handle both with regen and his ap dmg. He couldnt at all. He is very squishy. Handgunners helped him survive as they pursued.

As i mopped up VCs and Von Carsteins (2nd army general Vassily also got regen!)
    Bloody hands, and the greenskins who fight karak kadrin both joined in (cant remember the gobbo tribe name but they had mt gunbad and ostermark as well by now). Dwarfs just had Karaz a Karak but i know if they survive to late game they will defeat the greenskins. Then main faction greenskins came up through Blackfire pass. Got Wurzzag (nice!!) and Grimgor traits. Now i just needed the sword of khaine.

Bloody hands got massacred with heroic victory at blackfire pass and was absorbed into greenskins. A truce was called and as i conqured zhufbar, mt gunbad, karak kadrin and karak ungor with my 2nd and 3rd army karl franz set sail for Ulthuan.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 1,375Registered Users
    Screenshots would help in telling this story, imho.
    Got the sword of khaine by killing a high elf on a dragon carrying it. Chased him a long time and got attacked by pirates, took attrition etc. He didnt have fancy army but my elite army was low on hp.

Anyway KF and gunners vs him and archers. Aerial battle (had high magic resist) but again it was way to close. Got arrogant. 500 hp on KF when the dragon fell from the sky. Turn after Archaon arrived. Fitting.

Screenshots next post.
    Levelled the sword. Got the bloody trait (+20% hp not in screenshots as it happened after i took them). Havent gotten armor of Destiny so capped out at the moment on 76% physical and max magic resist. KF is unstoppable. Not that i even need him.

Was good fun. Might continue but challenge is gone. Will see.