Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is the option to buy Han lands available to anyone who vassalizes the Han?

Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Posts: 1,331Registered Users
edited June 12 in General Discussion
Dong Zhuo starts with this yes, but does he keep this forever or does this ability goes to anyone who vassalizes the Han, meaning that Dong Zhuo loses this ability post three kingdoms or after losing Chang An?

Comments

• OngtheconquererOngtheconquerer Posts: 241Registered Users

Dong Zhuo starts with this yes, but does he keep this forever or does this ability goes to anyone who vassalizes the Han, meaning that Dong Zhuo loses this ability post three kingdoms or after losing Chang An?

I think yes, cause they control the emperor and could annex at their will. But once they declare themselves emperor I think this feature is removed, except for Liu Bei. He could still annex Han territories with 50 unity.
  • arkanis974arkanis974 Posts: 8Registered Users
    As Ma Teng I had the emperor most of the game but was never be able to annex Han territories. Maybe I was too dumb to see the option or maybe governor factions can't do it
  • GelstonGelston Senior Member Posts: 1,583Registered Users

As Ma Teng I had the emperor most of the game but was never be able to annex Han territories. Maybe I was too dumb to see the option or maybe governor factions can't do it

You have to do it with an army, as if you're attacking. It isn't a diplomatic option.
  • bonrurgandybonrurgandy Posts: 29Registered Users
    My understanding was you had to be in control of the emperor to annex the Han lands. the theory being if you control him you can make him do what you say.
  • Zeues1992Zeues1992 Posts: 225Registered Users
    Annexing han cities using an army is a dong Zhou mechanic only. If you control the emperor as on of the other factions you can annex the han faction as a whole through diplomacy and you will take control of all their cities and armies, you you will gain some hit to your trustworthiness
  • ScaptasticScaptastic Posts: 4Registered Users
    As Lui Bei I could annex them with an army, I can confirm that. I also captured the emporer before becoming the rank of king, once I did I could annex the whole Han empire with no price to my trust level. The option was in diplomacy. I actually noticed they had like 123k in gold reserves(which you dont get through annexing) so I traded the Han empire all my lands for all their gold then annexed them anyways. Win Win
  • tadakatsutadakatsu Junior Member Posts: 389Registered Users
    with liu bei same for dong zhou its a mechanic specific to him/ also for others you only get a hit to trustworthyness if you guarenty autonomy
  • benjoewoobenjoewoo Posts: 97Registered Users
    So with liu bei just hard drive into chang an take emperor then annex all han lands for maximum economy before even marquis?
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Posts: 1,331Registered Users
    tadakatsu said:

with liu bei same for dong zhou its a mechanic specific to him/ also for others you only get a hit to trustworthyness if you guarenty autonomy

Wait what? Pretty sure that you get a hit to your trustworthiness even if you don't guarantee autonomy for normall vassals, not sure about annexing the han empire through annexing a vassal since at least for Dong Zhuo it says "you can't annex the Han empire" but at the same time it doesn't say if other factions can do this.
  • tadakatsutadakatsu Junior Member Posts: 389Registered Users
    nope you only get hit if you guarenty autonomy cause that says to the vassal you will never annex them so if you do it hits and hits hard. but if you dont guarenty that then you dont take a hit
  • OngtheconquererOngtheconquerer Posts: 241Registered Users
    tadakatsu said:

nope you only get hit if you guarenty autonomy cause that says to the vassal you will never annex them so if you do it hits and hits hard. but if you dont guarenty that then you dont take a hit

But will the player still get -21 untrustworthiness?