Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

BM rework suggestion

GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,447Registered Users
I had this idea on the General section of the forum for them, thought it might be good for the BM rework when it comes!

Perhaps BM could create Herdstones in forest areas like you could create Forts/Watchtowers in old TW games, and they are hidden as if in Hidden Encampment stance (but harder to detect), though very expensive to erect new ones. They might function like a psuedo-city, and allow for recruitment of armies etc and have a garrison. The herdstone garrison could have a chance to ambush people assaulting it or going past it, BM are territorial and wouldn't just sit still for an attack on a Herdstone, and would balance their not having walls.

Maybe if you lose all your armies your herdstones become visable or something, so you can be hunted to death, but it will stop you from losing the game if you lose your armies.

It would also stop the AI from just suiciding as BM all the time, and may allow them to establish themselves as a significant threat if you don't root their herdstones out (perhaps they can recruit in a radius or hide armies around them too, so players can't tell where the stones are from where armies appear).

Just a thought anyway.

Comments

• InsanityEmbracedInsanityEmbraced Posts: 75Registered Users
    While I like the idea, I believe that all races should be able to assume control over any settlement, if not as a full-fledged city/village, then at least as an outpost in a similar manner Wood Elves do, and BM should do the same rather than be able to build semi-settlement anywhere they wish on the map.

Instead of razing the city, Beastmen could maybe place Herdstones or organize some Raiding Camp over ruined cities could provide minor benefits thought buildings while also providing small garrison that would prevent enemy armies occupying the ruins without at least a decent warband. I like your idea about ambushing and was thinking maybe attacking such herdstone settlement would trigger ambush on an army attacking such (i.e. enemy forces would always be in the middle of ruins and BM would be able to Vanguard Deploy all around it.

• AltervisionAltervision Posts: 28Registered Users
    Goatforce said:

I had this idea on the General section of the forum for them, thought it might be good for the BM rework when it comes!

Perhaps BM could create Herdstones in forest areas like you could create Forts/Watchtowers in old TW games, and they are hidden as if in Hidden Encampment stance (but harder to detect), though very expensive to erect new ones. They might function like a psuedo-city, and allow for recruitment of armies etc and have a garrison. The herdstone garrison could have a chance to ambush people assaulting it or going past it, BM are territorial and wouldn't just sit still for an attack on a Herdstone, and would balance their not having walls.

Maybe if you lose all your armies your herdstones become visable or something, so you can be hunted to death, but it will stop you from losing the game if you lose your armies.

It would also stop the AI from just suiciding as BM all the time, and may allow them to establish themselves as a significant threat if you don't root their herdstones out (perhaps they can recruit in a radius or hide armies around them too, so players can't tell where the stones are from where armies appear).

Just a thought anyway.

That's a cool idea!

• GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,447Registered Users

While I like the idea, I believe that all races should be able to assume control over any settlement, if not as a full-fledged city/village, then at least as an outpost in a similar manner Wood Elves do, and BM should do the same rather than be able to build semi-settlement anywhere they wish on the map.

Instead of razing the city, Beastmen could maybe place Herdstones or organize some Raiding Camp over ruined cities could provide minor benefits thought buildings while also providing small garrison that would prevent enemy armies occupying the ruins without at least a decent warband. I like your idea about ambushing and was thinking maybe attacking such herdstone settlement would trigger ambush on an army attacking such (i.e. enemy forces would always be in the middle of ruins and BM would be able to Vanguard Deploy all around it.

But BM's whole thing is being a horde and wanting to destroy civilisation, colonising ruins would be a very odd thing for them to do, they gather in forests around herdstones, which is why it makes sense for them to have a Psuedo-Town system rather than using current towns.

imo it also makes them more unique to have their own separate settlement system, rather than using the ones laid out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file