Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

When 3K surpass the popularity of WH2, but this was not part of the Great Plan...

Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Posts: 1,246Registered Users

Rise and shine, mortals!

The Gods are NOT pleased about all this silence. Silence is for people without tongue...and Lord Slaanesh loves tongues, damn it! He loves every type of tongue (on his body- ehm, wut) .

And since summer is the season of Khorne (for real, check
don't check, i lied...like a good Tzeentch servant. Praise him
) and those filthy lizard-things...then we should get new, amazing and not-asinine, informations about the new upcoming LP, don't ya think?

--- Now where are mah infos, CA?

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
- Gilead's Blood: 8/10
- Riders of the Dead: 9/10
- Empire in Chaos: 9/10
- Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
- Mark of Heresy: 7/10
- G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
- G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
- G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
- G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
- G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
- G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
- G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
- The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
- Drachenfels: 6.5/10
- Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
- Silver Nails: 9.5/10
Tagged:

Comments

• FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Posts: 1,624Registered Users
    edited June 15
    God damn weebs!

Edit: I’m kidding, but on a serious note CA pls make Total War Gundam
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 5,321Registered Users
    Number still looking good for 3K? I haven't played it since the first week after buying it. Still good but just doesn't pull me in. Infoes for the next LP should be at least a month or so out still.
    Lord of the Undermountain
  • Grimgor_the_CAkeGrimgor_the_CAke Posts: 1,510Registered Users
  • SagrandaSagranda Posts: 1,446Registered Users

God damn weebs!

Every weebs response to this: Hit me harder daddy!

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Posts: 1,967Registered Users
    lets not forget that 3 Kingdoms is limited by humans. Play a few Campaigns here and there unlock the DONG play him and maybe try a few other new approaches.

But eventually the Human Soldiers and the similar mechanics for all Factions will make you return to Warhammer 2.

In 3 months time, people will have played enough Humans and will return to Warhammer 2.

Also the Campaign gets unnecessarily long after a certain point. So people tend to leave Campaigns unfinished. They become Emperor and thats it.

It is understandable and expected for 3 Kingdoms to get its time to shine. But the game is limited by the Human factor. Once you get bored of playing the same type of armies over and over people will return to Warhammer 2.

And i feel CA knows that as well. I have this feeling that in 3-5 months we will get the next DLC for Warhammer 2. It's all going according to Keikaku for CA.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 9,643Registered Users
    I think that gamescom could be interesting for us.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • mightygloinmightygloin Posts: 976Registered Users
    Well whatever 3K thing they do, regardless of any quality difference, more than 300 million chinese PC gamer will make sure it will surpass anything else in popularity. Let's just hope WH does not get its resources further crippled.
  • RikisRikis Posts: 940Registered Users

lets not forget that 3 Kingdoms is limited by humans. Play a few Campaigns here and there unlock the DONG play him and maybe try a few other new approaches.

But eventually the Human Soldiers and the similar mechanics for all Factions will make you return to Warhammer 2.

In 3 months time, people will have played enough Humans and will return to Warhammer 2.

Also the Campaign gets unnecessarily long after a certain point. So people tend to leave Campaigns unfinished. They become Emperor and thats it.

It is understandable and expected for 3 Kingdoms to get its time to shine. But the game is limited by the Human factor. Once you get bored of playing the same type of armies over and over people will return to Warhammer 2.

And i feel CA knows that as well. I have this feeling that in 3-5 months we will get the next DLC for Warhammer 2. It's all going according to Keikaku for CA.

Let's not forget that we are comparing technically 2 games with more then a dozen DLCs between them vs 3k that just came out. I'm sure with the current popularity we are going to see many dlc/expansions for 3k. Just thinking of the Nanman to the south, proto Mongol tribes to the north and Korea actually being on the map leaves much room for a more interesting campaign.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Posts: 225Registered Users

The Empire was the most popular faction of Warhammer 1...

The Warhammer campaign is a map painter, and with bad optimization and horrible sieges this goes true for Warhammer too. Mortal Empires being 10 minutes turn times and Eye of the Vortex's Vortex campaign being unavoidable for the four main factions. (Unmodded) Which is why I hope Warhammer 3 does a overall campaign overhaul.

Three Kingdoms is getting its Blood Pack next week, and given the ease of DLC production due to the human only factor and a source material to back it up, I suspect Three Kingdoms will get a DLC release frequency close to Warhammer 1. Striking while the iron is hot and people are playing.

BUT, Three Kingdoms introducing new popular changes and mechanics, I think Warhammer 3 can't just be a Warhammer 2.5, it has to wow us with something. (Other than new races, which is coming regardless)
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 5,321Registered Users

The Warhammer campaign is a map painter, and with bad optimization and horrible sieges this goes true for Warhammer too. Mortal Empires being 10 minutes turn times and Eye of the Vortex's Vortex campaign being unavoidable for the four main factions. (Unmodded) Which is why I hope Warhammer 3 does a overall campaign overhaul.

Three Kingdoms is getting its Blood Pack next week, and given the ease of DLC production due to the human only factor and a source material to back it up, I suspect Three Kingdoms will get a DLC release frequency close to Warhammer 1. Striking while the iron is hot and people are playing.

BUT, Three Kingdoms introducing new popular changes and mechanics, I think Warhammer 3 can't just be a Warhammer 2.5, it has to wow us with something. (Other than new races, which is coming regardless)
    10 minute turn times! Crikey, glad it’s not me. Mine are 30 secs to a minute or so. 3K might get a whole lot of DLC but it’s still going to be humans vs humans. That said I feel I must always reiterate that I enjoyed 3K.

I’ve played 2300 or so hours of TWW. And 40ish hours of 3K. There’s not a snowball’s chance in hell I’m going to be clocking TWW kinds of hours in 3K.

But yes, even before 3K I was thinking TWW3 needed to be a lot more groundbreaking than TWW2 was to TWW1. Make no mistake TWW2 was a huge upgrade on TWW1. But TWW3 is going to need to push the envelope.
    Lord of the Undermountain
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 1,564Registered Users
    I like 3K, it fresh breez, but game need more race like Yellow Turban, if new dlc of 3K would be just basic race, i don't think game would had long future like Warhammer.
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Posts: 1,967Registered Users
    edited June 16

Sure the Empire is a faction of humans, but they also have Demigryphs also their Campaigns has them right in the middle of Mortal Empires where they have to deal with a lot of other Races. So unlike the Factions in 3K. Empire will eventually end up fighting other Races.

Sure the Campaign is a map painter. But there is other stuff that make it interesting. The diversity of Races means that excluding the Dawitide, some parts of the map will end up conquered by a different Race. So you will always end up facing different type of armies. Also depending on the Race you play, you will have your own set of objectives, in some cases you don't even need to paint the map. And there's also Rogue Armies, Spawning Hordes and of course the Chaos Invasion that constantly make that goal of painting the map hard.

While its true CA can easily make content for 3K more easily. Lets not forget people can get annoyed if they get spammed by DLC. CA has handled DLC for Warhammer very well, and nobody wants them to return to the way they did things for Rome 2.
  • Brianfowler713Brianfowler713 Posts: 64Registered Users
    Stupid question, but is CA owned by Sega?
    I suppose I should just be grateful for the views...
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USAPosts: 5,543Registered Users

Stupid question, but is CA owned by Sega?

Sega is Creative Assembly's parent company.
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • Boerni86Boerni86 Posts: 51Registered Users
    I'll come back to Warhammer 2, when they have updated the greenskins and my boy Azhag get's his own faction.
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,055Registered Users
    Ahaha, taste that death beam.

I hope we will get some new informations around mid july and a release around mid-end aug.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• FrostPawFrostPaw Junior Member Posts: 970Registered Users
    It's worth remembering two things...

1) The Chinese community has grown because of 3Kingdoms release.

2) This release was after two well received and popular Warhammer releases.

It should be doing well, what will be interesting now, is seeing if Warhammer 3 gets some interest from new Chinese fans, or if they only care about the game that specifically targets their fantasy.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,312Registered Users
    FrostPaw said:

It should be doing well, what will be interesting now, is seeing if Warhammer 3 gets some interest from new Chinese fans, or if they only care about the game that specifically targets their fantasy.

Well, who knows CA might go wild and include Cathay as the elusive 4th core. I mean I doubt it, but after 3K the timing would be right.
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 4,492Registered Users
    It's not like we hadn't anticipated this...
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 3,288Registered Users
    edited June 16
    FrostPaw said:

Every time someone mentions this the simple response is that they should instead stop making Warhammer at all and focus on adding more stuff to 3K. Seriously, if success of one game means putting content into another game from the game that's successful despite it making little sense then why not avoid the middle man and just make more of what is apparently successful?

Or better yet since we can apparently ignore what exists in the setting so we can make money instead why not just ignore the existing armybooks and just go for the Far East with nothing in the middle? Because apparently making games to pander to nationalities is so profitable and base Warhammer IP can't compare to that? Not like an average player will care, right?
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 4,328Registered Users
    Ludbone said:

Ahaha, taste that death beam.

I hope we will get some new informations around mid july and a release around mid-end aug.

Oh don't worry, CA will soon release some kind of itsy bits balance patch with a grand name like 'Finestag' and reset the countdown. Many will clap. So when they release LP in October we will hear about 'four months of development'.
    Xenos7 said:

It's not like we hadn't anticipated this...

It never before stopped me from acting both surprised and validated at the same time!
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 14,258Registered Users
    Crossil said:

FrostPaw said:

Every time someone mentions this the simple response is that they should instead stop making Warhammer at all and focus on adding more stuff to 3K. Seriously, if success of one game means putting content into another game from the game that's successful despite it making little sense then why not avoid the middle man and just make more of what is apparently successful?

Or better yet since we can apparently ignore what exists in the setting so we can make money instead why not just ignore the existing armybooks and just go for the Far East with nothing in the middle? Because apparently making games to pander to nationalities is so profitable and base Warhammer IP can't compare to that? Not like an average player will care, right?
    I see no problem with adding Cathay.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Ares354Ares354 Posts: 1,433Registered Users

Crossil said:

FrostPaw said:

Over what race ? Them taking place of DoW, Kislev is crime.
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 345Registered Users
    Ares354 said:

Crossil said:

FrostPaw said:

Them taking the place of Kislev is not really a big deal for CA though, as otherwise we would have gotten Araby/Southern Realms in the place of the Vampirates.
  • FloppingerFloppinger Posts: 332Registered Users

Them taking the place of Kislev is not really a big deal for CA though, as otherwise we would have gotten Araby/Southern Realms in the place of the Vampirates.

Araby and the Southern Realms are not important to the Warhammer narrative though, but Kislev is.

The TT and many Warhammer themed video games have so far avoided Kislev by simply taking place somewhere else. Once you got the whole Warhammer map though, having no Kislev gets really awkward. Heck it already was awkward in TWWH1 with all the Empire place holder armies and devalued the Chaos and Norsca campaign experiences quite a bit.
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 345Registered Users
    edited June 17

Araby and the Southern Realms are not important to the Warhammer narrative though, but Kislev is.

The TT and many Warhammer themed video games have so far avoided Kislev by simply taking place somewhere else. Once you got the whole Warhammer map though, having no Kislev gets really awkward. Heck it already was awkward in TWWH1 with all the Empire place holder armies and devalued the Chaos and Norsca campaign experiences quite a bit.
    Vampirates are less important than SR and Araby for the narrative and yet we got them. It all depends on where CA sees the most money, not which faction is more relevant to the story.

If CA finds out that the Eastern European trope is less popular than the Chinese or mercenary trope rest assured that they won't care about lore relevance.
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 3,288Registered Users
    edited June 17

Vampirates are less important than SR and Araby for the narrative and yet we got them. It all depends on where CA sees the most money, not which faction is more relevant to the story.
    Well actually Harkon took part in the End Times so he's above both Araby and Southern Realms in that respect, stupidly enough.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
    Ares354 said:

Crossil said:

FrostPaw said:

False.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.

If CA finds out that the Eastern European trope is less popular than the Chinese or mercenary trope rest assured that they won't care about lore relevance.
    Pretty much.

Ideally they'd do it as an extra race to attract 3K buyers while still giving us everything else, but they could certainly do it.
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 1,566Registered Users

Pretty much.

Ideally they'd do it as an extra race to attract 3K buyers while still giving us everything else, but they could certainly do it.
    In house pre WH3 consumer test´s have shown close to 0% interest in The Ogre Kingdoms so they are now moved into the pile of races/factions called "Meh....Maybe revisit potential inclusion in a few years"