Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I will make an important comment on behalf of Chinese players.

a00779620a00779620 Posts: 28Registered Users
Chinese players want CA to take it seriously and adopt it.
Version 1.10 Do not weaken Zhaoyun's ELEMANTAL VICOUR!
Without entering 1v1, this skill is difficult to accumulate to the fifth stage.
Rejection of 1v1 will not be punished, which is basically a useless skill. Why should we weaken it?
In normal combat, ELEMANTAL VICOUR is very difficult to trigger. Even if it is not strengthened, it should not be weakened.
Compared with THE determination OF zhang liao to "RESOLVE OF THE RICHTEOUS", do you think it fair to weaken "ELEMANTAL VICOUR"?
Zhang Liao's RESOLVE OF THE RICHTEOUS: +25%dodge(All team members will get this buff)
zhaoyun's ELEMANTAL VICOUR:Close combat Cumulative personal gain of 25%dodge in 90 seconds
It's not fair at all!
SENTINEL dodges are too many because TEMPERED DEFLECTION duplicates the overlapping BUG. Weakening zhaoyun doesn't solve this problem
Version 1.10 don't weaken zhaoyun's ELEMANTAL VICOUR, OK? This skill is inherently weak
Version 1.10 Zhao Yun has lost the ability to use charge to kill soldiers effectively. If ELEMANTAL VICOUR is weakened, Zhao Yun can't even resist soldiers effectively in close combat. It's unreasonable that a general can only stand by and watch.
What most Chinese players are eager to weaken is xuchu lubu simayi peiyuanshao taishici
These are the real IMBA generals.
If CA insists on weakening Zhao Yun, some players will delete the game.
You know, in China, Zhaoyun has the largest number of fans.
No one wants their favorite general to be weakened for no reason. I hope CA will consider whether it is fair to weaken Zhao Yun. His influence on balance is far less than that of other generals.

Comments

• kweassa1kweassa1 Posts: 663Registered Users

You people really need to learn that the world doesn't appreciate threats. Like, this isn't the first time we've seen you guys threaten with shi* like boycotting, or deleting or etc, because you don't like one or two details about the game.

I don't want to paint this as a culture thing, and I'm pretty sure the mods will close this thread down too, but within all the complaints and gripes coming from all sorts of different people, literally only you guys from China have this really shi**y tendency of taking the "do what I want, or else" attitude, and tbh, that's immature as heck.

If you want people to take your opinions seriously, learn to communicate first. I don't know if it's a culture thing, but that "or else..." part, drop it.
  • zspianozspiano Junior Member Posts: 371Registered Users
    I’m also a Chinese yes I agree to the above, don’t show such manner here as “a lot of ppl will delete the game if not getting sth”, who the f care, did they really buy this game? If so they won’t delete don’t worry, or learn how to talk with official politely and effectively. Shame on such manner of many young cynics!
  • zerkmannzerkmann Posts: 348Registered Users
    Well, the Chinese are like 80% of the customers for this game after all.
    Just look at the ratio of chinese reviews vs english/non-chinese reviews on the Steam page. It's really staggering. They single handedly made this game a success in a way it sold 1 million in a week alone; no Total War has ever achieved that.
  • AxelradAxelrad Senior Member Posts: 629Registered Users
    Like the others say, doing a lot of shouting and threatening that people will uninstall the game (even though they already bought it) is really rude and not likely to help your request get heard. It also doesn't help that you've been pasting the exact same post throughout the forums.

There's really no need to make requests on behalf of the *entire Chinese playerbase*, which is most of the players. CA have people monitoring feedback on the Chinese forums, so anything that is being requested by many players should be taken notice of.
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Posts: 1,373Registered Users
    edited June 16
    kweassa1 said:

You people really need to learn that the world doesn't appreciate threats. Like, this isn't the first time we've seen you guys threaten with shi* like boycotting, or deleting or etc, because you don't like one or two details about the game.

I don't want to paint this as a culture thing, and I'm pretty sure the mods will close this thread down too, but within all the complaints and gripes coming from all sorts of different people, literally only you guys from China have this really shi**y tendency of taking the "do what I want, or else" attitude, and tbh, that's immature as heck.

If you want people to take your opinions seriously, learn to communicate first. I don't know if it's a culture thing, but that "or else..." part, drop it.

I'm not sure if one guy represents "all Chinese players" but sure don't nerf Zhao Yun I agree. Also its really people's choice if they want to delete the game or nor, just as its a choice to say on the forums that they will do this if they don't get their way, its not a "threat" since CA already has their money and the question here really is "does this violate forum rules?" You said that the mods will probably close this thread, so would you please kindly point to which forum rules does "I will delete the game if I don't get my way" break? I might be wrong but the last time I checked, posting that someone will delete the game isn't a violation.
  • AgentGBAgentGB Junior Member Posts: 69Registered Users
    edited June 16
    Reading the first post is like looking back through a time portal of how i use to be 7 odd years ago on Total War games. Overly passionate & using the term "we" alot. When modding is up and running & if alot of folks do want this tweaked, It should be relatively easy there. If it is for the sake of competitive play, then it probably better getting a wider opinion of competitive players. I generally only play head to head campaigns & it alot more difficult to see the nuances one would get from smashing out MP battles with meta setups.

Kinda sounds like he wants Zhao Yun to be a Vanguard General in his abilities, not sure about the Three Kingdom Lore or if his meant to be another Lu Bu. But in the movie Red Cliffs seemed less menacing then he does in this game.
  • united84united84 Posts: 571Registered Users
    kweassa1 said:

That is some serious generalization and stereotype. Probably worse than OP's immature post.
    edited June 16
    united84 said:

That is some serious generalization and stereotype. Probably worse than OP's immature post.

Or worse, the "literally only you guys from China have this really shi**y tendency of taking the "do what I want, or else" attitude, and tbh, that's immature as heck." is straight out racism against Chinese people. There are many Chinese players on this forum that doesn't take the same attitude as the OP when they make a point, and that guy's post is clearly disrespectful and offensive to the many Chinese users here who don't fit his projected stereotype for Chinese people.
  • trayingdotrayingdo Posts: 4Registered Users
    kweassa1 said:

lmfao whenever I see white people start stereotyping others people's culture

By the way, funny how it's only Chinese people supposedly doing the "do what I want or else attitude", but you probably condone the people who freak out over women generals in their games.
  • OngtheconquererOngtheconquerer Posts: 253Registered Users
    Commenting on behalf of chinese player?Well I don't care about Zhao Yun got nerf or not. I'm a Chinese and I like the game not because of Zhao Yun but because I like to see what if scenarios. I believe that more balancing will be done, the game has only been release for like almost 1 month and just because of Zhao Yun got nerf you post this? Like come on, he never even got the chance to participate in huge and massive battles in Records of Three Kingdoms aka real history of Three Kingdoms.
  • AxlswhkAxlswhk Posts: 216Registered Users
    To be honest the nerfing of Zhao Yun is too much. He is suppose to be a top 5 general no matter how you look at it.

If he wish to delete the game it really is his choice. If you can’t be bother if he deletes or not then why bother to comment about his action?

There are also other major issues with the game, character recruitment which is really stupid. Cao Cao being not able to recruit legendary as a AI being another. Cao Cao not living up to his historical influence is also strange. Having character die so easily and the game flooded with fake characters is nonsense. Non of them seems to be addressed. I have actually stop playing because of these and will only return after common sense flows into the game.
    edited June 16
    Wow that escalated. lol. Remind me not to make a thread proclaiming that i speak on behalf of all British players ... or else i'll get the Queen involved.
    AgentGB said:

Wow that escalated. lol. Remind me not to make a thread proclaiming that i speak on behalf of all British players ... or else i'll get the Queen involved.

To be fair there are lots of Chinese forum regarding this game. Most Chinese are not good in English. The sentiment against nerfing might be very strong amongst them and it’s not surprising someone with better command of English come to this forum and “represent” those complains. Nothing surprising about it.

Axlswhk said:

AgentGB said:

To be fair there are lots of Chinese forum regarding this game. Most Chinese are not good in English. The sentiment against nerfing might be very strong amongst them and it’s not surprising someone with better command of English come to this forum and “represent” those complains. Nothing surprising about it.

ah fair enough, i see what you mean, well i'm quite pleased to see the Chinese getting into Total War games, in fact i knew nothing about the three kingdom period, now i find myself watching the series & red cliff
    Axlswhk said:

Its more like one group of Chinese people might be saying it, for example one can say "hey I speak on the behalf of the English players" but what they are really referring to is their specific group of people, not literally "every player that speaks my language." Nothing is really surprising about it and really its up to those players if they want to delete the game over some issues (CA already has their money anyways so I doubt they'd care) but what really bothers me is the racist statement made against all Chinese players just because some Chinese guy posted something here.
    edited June 16

Axlswhk said:

Its more like one group of Chinese people might be saying it, for example one can say "hey I speak on the behalf of the English players" but what they are really referring to is their specific group of people, not literally "every player that speaks my language." Nothing is really surprising about it and really its up to those players if they want to delete the game over some issues (CA already has their money anyways so I doubt they'd care) but what really bothers me is the racist statement made against all Chinese players just because some Chinese guy posted something here.
    Well unless you are a frequent visitor of all Chinese forum, I don’t think you can really claim whether he represent the majority or not.

He could be a moderator of certain forum or he could well be in a better position to gauge the general sentiments due to his exposure to the Chinese crowd.

I think we seems to focus too much on who he represents rather than the points he made regarding Zhao Yun.
  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 768Registered Users
    Zhao Yun fanboys doesn’t represent anyone other than themselves.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,362Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited June 16
    Thread closed and moved, for obvious reasons. It breaks several conditions of the Forum Terms & Conditions.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
This discussion has been closed.