Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Modding Question: shots per volley

EndOfPurityEndOfPurity Posts: 10Registered Users
Hi everyone,

I had a modding question about the shots per volley mechanic.

Adjusting it currently will only change the damage over 10 seconds calculation, and does not actually initiate additional shooting animations before the reload time as it’s name would indicate.

I found a thread on steam mentioning that this is a bug that CA originally found a year or so ago when they did some balance changes to the hellblaster volley fire unit.

Has there been no fix for the bug or is there just something I am missing, like a related table that needs to also be adjusted?

If it hasn’t been fixed and there are no additional tables outside the projectile tables that need to be adjusted for this, then has anyone in the community found a workaround to create this effect?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Side question(possibly related) are there ways to open up both the animation tables and the animations themselves in TWW2? Or just .anim and anim.meta or .meta files in a readable fashion?

Comments

• SgtFelixSgtFelix Posts: 1Registered Users
    From what I understand the "shots per volley" are limited to the firing animation. Now, I've messed with this a bit because I'm trying to mod a machine gun, and you can find the animation fragments for the specified animation but there is no way to open the animation tables as far as I'm aware. As for the .anim files I'm still looking into ways to open that and convert from .FBX -> .anim (vice-versa).

I'm thinking you could create a new anim file with a new firing animation for the volley gun and replace it in the animation fragment on order to increase the "shots per volley".

I should also try to decrease the shots per volley to say 6 or 3 and see if it still fires 9.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file