Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why are there even community managers on these forums ?

neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 1,697Registered Users
They are not answering to anything here. We never see @CA_Ella unless there is something to announce and @Grace_CA is only answering on Reddit or Twitter and most of the times it's about memes or 3K for now.

I understand why you are focusing on 3K, it's been released recently and it's your new game, that seems perfectly normal to focus on it. But it doesn't mean that you have to litterally ignore ANYTHING about Warhammer. Why does CA is able to focus only on one game, is that too much to ask to have answers about things that are asked a lot around here ? There have been countless topics about the FLC chart, the beta (we were supposed to have news about it, remember ?) and even some problems or bugs and yet, every one of these topics have been completely ignored.

Even if you have to bring bad news, it'd be great you answer. Even if that's "we heard you we'll talk about it later/ we have nothing to say" would be good. Is that really too hard ?

And I remember a topic where someone from CA was saying that they are looking into improving the communication, it's been months and there are not a single result. Did you forget about that ? Are you even still working on that ?

I understand that CA can't answer to everything for obvious reasons (like when someone is asking about new content) but being completely ignored again and again about some topics is extremely frustrating.

Comments

• adjungadjung Posts: 200Registered Users
    Yeah, while we are not entitled to news, it's pretty ridiculous that they keep promising news and failing at providing them.

Tuesday Newsday: dead (we get it, it was temporary).
    FLC Chart: super-dead.
    WTTAWO: dead since February, new format still not there.
    Beta Update: dead, although promised several weeks ago that it would come soon.

Forward onto Slaughter.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 2,859Registered Users
    I mainly wish they'd just fix the goddamn forum so threads bump again.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,083Registered Users, Moderators, Knights

Use the Hot sort.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,520Registered Users
    Ours is not to understand the Changer of the Ways.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Posts: 3,183Registered Users
    The Vertmintide coupon/voucher problem is the most recent. Like many others, it didn't appear in my inventory and there has been no word whatsoever from CA on this issue. I really want to take advantage of the offer, so I just went over their heads to the Sega support desk.
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,083Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Ol_Nessie said:

The Vertmintide coupon/voucher problem is the most recent. Like many others, it didn't appear in my inventory and there has been no word whatsoever from CA on this issue. I really want to take advantage of the offer, so I just went over their heads to the Sega support desk.

The SEGA support desk is supposed to be the first point of contact.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

Ol_Nessie said:

The SEGA support desk is supposed to be the first point of contact.
    I would have thought asking the question on the forum post which announced the promotion would be the most logical place to start. Guess I was wrong.
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• psychoakpsychoak Posts: 2,341Registered Users
    That's literally just informing you of SEGA's promotion. CA isn't bankrolling Vermintide sales.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,477Registered Users
    edited June 18
    For the Coupon you could've put in a ticket with Sega support and gotten a resolution, or asked one of he multiple people who were offering theirs for free for it. Either solution would've worked fine, so nobody missed out on a coupon.

While it would've been nice for them to respond ultimately anyone who wanted a coupon got one so the complaint rings a bit hollow.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
    edited June 18

For the Coupon you could've put in a ticket with Sega support and gotten a resolution, or asked one of he multiple people who were offering theirs for free for it. Either solution would've worked fine, so nobody missed out on a coupon.

While it would've been nice for them to respond ultimately anyone who wanted a coupon got one so the complaint rings a bit hollow.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the support desk.
    psychoak said:

That's literally just informing you of SEGA's promotion. CA isn't bankrolling Vermintide sales.

That still doesn't justify complete radio silence on the issue.

edited June 18
    I don’t know if it rings hollow. The lack of effort with this forum is beyond astounding. I’ve played ”free” mobile games with tons better forum support.

It’s not like this place is depopulated. There’s a fair few people who are active here.

I do however appreciate the effort that goes into their Twitch channel. Good stuff even if I only watch it leading up to a release.
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 1,938Registered Users
    I for one look forward to the supposed "change" in communication policy from CA.......The current long running tendency to almost only interact with the community a short while before content releases is getting damn old......Try to keep your fanbase engaged jeez CA.........
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,233Registered Users
    RikRiorik said:

I don’t know if it rings hollow. The lack of effort with this forum is beyond astounding. I’ve played ”free” mobile games with tons better forum support.

It’s not like this place is depopulated. There’s a fair few people who are active here.

To be honest, this forum is very quick to turn on CA staff members when something goes wrong. In their shoes, I too would think twice about setting foot here. That's probably why they favor Reddit, since players tend to be nicer there.

That's still no excuse for the lack of news though. We haven't heard of anything major since 3K's release. I expect some news in the coming weeks, but still, this kind of silence can be very frustrating sometimes.
    Fossoway said:

RikRiorik said:

To be honest, this forum is very quick to turn on CA staff members when something goes wrong. In their shoes, I too would think twice about setting foot here. That's probably why they favor Reddit, since players tend to be nicer there.

That's still no excuse for the lack of news though. We haven't heard of anything major since 3K's release. I expect some news in the coming weeks, but still, this kind of silence can be very frustrating sometimes.
    The vitriol can be quite real. But at least when it came to the Old Friend it could have been avoided to a degree by not allowing the people units to work themselves into ’mad expectations’.

I don’t know of they should care though to be honest. You’re always going to have people disagree with what the company chooses to do no matter what you do.

Another month of silence is to be expected at least. That’s if they stick to a 4 monthish release schedule and the current modus operandi. It’s so standard now that people should be in the know by now when it comes to that.
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Posts: 830Registered Users
    @Fossoway they haven't really said anything on Reddit either and there are posts about lack of communication there as well. Here they are more frequent, I can give you that, but still 0 answers whatsoever
  • Ares354Ares354 Posts: 1,963Registered Users
    Still people, PRAISE CA to heaven and then complain on their silence.

Its community own fault what CA is doing right now.

CA need only one thing to buy community, give you info about new DLC and after that ,everything is forgiven. Then they go silence for next few months and dont care.

• SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,689Registered Users
    adjung said:

Yeah, while we are not entitled to news, it's pretty ridiculous that they keep promising news and failing at providing them.

Yup,

Tuesday Newsday: dead (we get it, it was temporary).

That was just a bit of wordplay that I'm sure they're deeply regretting at this point.

Also, FWIW were they EVER on here? Isn't it a trend nowdays for the managers to be on social media (read: reddit) and not the official forums?

#JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,133Registered Users
    Ares354 said:

Still people, PRAISE CA to heaven and then complain on their silence.

Its community own fault what CA is doing right now.

CA need only one thing to buy community, give you info about new DLC and after that ,everything is forgiven. Then they go silence for next few months and dont care.

Is your point that when CA finally gives us news we aren't still angry about the lack of news? Of course not. We're only upset about the lack of news when there is a lack of news. Not when they are giving us news about upcoming DLC. That's the entire point, we would like engagement throughout the development period and not just during the marketing phase.
    Later

This. Please CA fix the forum and say something now and then.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 792Registered Users
    This kind of thread pops up every few months accompanied by the radio silence.
    I'm in no rush for new WH content, but it's a recurring issue in regards to communication and planned development.
    I know Norsca and the 2 3K delays likely affected the development of every project and it's no surprise that CA is trying to wrap it's head around. 3K was a big success and I wish they continue supporting every title, not just focus on the newest upcoming one.
    I hope we get news or a blog after the 3K blood DLC.

Technically, CA outsources the forum development software to something called "Vanilla" https://vanillaforums.com/en/software/

And if you're referring to the bumping thing, just sort via "Hot" rather than "New" or "Top."

• Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 917Registered Users
    edited June 19
    The communication from CA’s end is pretty abysmal. What does Grace do all day? She literally must have the easiest job in the world because we hear very little communication both on this forum and on Reddit.
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Posts: 444Registered Users
    Last time I pointed out something similar on Reddit I got downvoted into oblivion. People are disturbingly defensive about CA in general and her specifically.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,309Registered Users
    edited June 19
    CA did improve communication. They went from 'something' to 'nothing'. All of it to unburden our minds.

Last time I pointed out something similar on Reddit I got downvoted into oblivion. People are disturbingly defensive about CA in general and her specifically.

I think it's a default mode on reddit. Reddit is a deviantart of forums.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• SagrandaSagranda Posts: 1,608Registered Users
    Fossoway said:

RikRiorik said:

Players on reddit aren't "nicer". Outside of times when things are really really bad it's merely a big pile of white knights who are aggressive towards pretty much everyone who says something negative about CA.
    I still remember when a certain reminder on reddit went to the front page on a regular basis, even people who complained in a calm and non-insulting manner got "attacked" by those "nice players".

Additionally, a big reason as for why the forum members are so quick to turn on them is CA's own mismanagement of the forum and often unclear as well as ambiguous communication.
    Ol_Nessie said:

Technically, CA outsources the forum development software to something called "Vanilla" https://vanillaforums.com/en/software/

And if you're referring to the bumping thing, just sort via "Hot" rather than "New" or "Top."
    "Hot" should be the default, not something I have to select extra. Not to mention that it reverts to "New" whenever one goes back, unless one creates an extra bookmark that directly links to "General Discussion with Hot sorting".

CA may have outsourced the forum, but they should still have the say about what's happening with it. If they wanted they could push for the fix.
    So yeah, it's on CA.
    "Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,672Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved to Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
    Ol_Nessie said:

Nobody does that.

It can't be that hard to fix the forum. It's been like this for around forever.
  • NeverBackDownNeverBackDown Senior Member Posts: 1,824Registered Users

Ol_Nessie said:

Nobody does that.

Not really much to fix when there is already an implementation of the feature people want..
    edited June 19

Ol_Nessie said:

Nobody does that.

Not really much to fix when there is already an implementation of the feature people want..
    Yet it's not implemented properly.

All I want is my 150 page toxic doom threads back. I'm not asking for much.
This discussion has been closed.