Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

ClosedDeveloper Investigation: Looking for save.files with odd baby behaviour!

CA_VixCA_Vix Posts: 125Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
edited July 23 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
Hi there, Three Kingdoms fans!

We’ve noted a lot of traction in issues concerning odd behaviour with faction babies (besides yeeting) and wanted to follow this up with an investigation in-house.

We’re looking to find some save files where situations occur out of place with babies, such as leaving faction, getting married, babies holding court positions or fighting in battles etc.

We are aware some of these issues have arisen as a fault in some mods, so we primarily want save files from unmodded campaigns (pre-turn preferably). However, modded saves are also welcome.

If you're unsure about how to find these, information can be found here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/173600/how-to-find-your-campaign-save-games

Thanks in advanced and happy gaming!

All the best,

Vix
Post edited by CA_Vix on

Comments

• Nightangel61Nightangel61 Posts: 1Registered Users
    What about saves where you get no babies?
  • CA_VixCA_Vix Posts: 125Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff

What about saves where you get no babies?

Hi there,

Thanks for responding. Unfortunately we're not looking for save.files of this nature. We are aware of the issue though as we're working towards fixes to improve this.

All the best,

Vix
  • AryvianAryvian Junior Member Posts: 53Registered Users
    I was playing Liu Bei at turn 22 and when I ended the turn, I got a popup saying Noble Birth and that the father was ao Qian (who had died a few turns earlier) and the mother was Fan Yingping (who joined my faction when Tao Qian died and I confederated his faction. I though that "Oh well, maybe she was pregnant with his baby when she joined my faction and I now get their baby." but no baby is in my faction.

Not sure if this is the problem you were investigating, but I'll attach the autosave from when I ended the turn, aswell as a manual save from when it had just happened. I'm not using mods.
  • GrimmPrinceGrimmPrince Posts: 1Registered Users
    I have an old save file here where a rebel army that was besieging one of my settlements was lead by a baby and a teenager. :p

I must have accidentally raised the tax on diapers or something. :D

Here are some screenshots of the army too.

• RewanRewan Senior Member Posts: 1,133Registered Users
    While it's not fully relevant, it's not completely (at least I think) irrelevant either :

Right now babies/child are apparently not "stuck" to their parents so they can actually join a different faction - and actually these guys are a really good exemple they joined at least three different factions when their faction got wiped.
    edited July 8
    Hi everyone, thank you for your comments so far!
    Aryvian said:

I was playing Liu Bei at turn 22 and when I ended the turn, I got a popup saying Noble Birth and that the father was ao Qian (who had died a few turns earlier) and the mother was Fan Yingping (who joined my faction when Tao Qian died and I confederated his faction. I though that "Oh well, maybe she was pregnant with his baby when she joined my faction and I now get their baby." but no baby is in my faction.

Not sure if this is the problem you were investigating, but I'll attach the autosave from when I ended the turn, aswell as a manual save from when it had just happened. I'm not using mods.

Thanks for the save.files! This is super helpful to me for narrowing down this issue. It seems a few people have mentioned Tao Quin as being an instigator of this issue so your files will be very handy - cheers!

I have an old save file here where a rebel army that was besieging one of my settlements was lead by a baby and a teenager. :p

I must have accidentally raised the tax on diapers or something. :D

Here are some screenshots of the army too.

Hi GrimmPrince,

I attempted to reproduce your issue with the save.file you provided - however, there seems to be a mismatch with the turn and no rebel army is present by Anding, as indicated in your screenshots.

Do you have a save.file from the moment that the besieging has taken place?
    If the save.file was this moment - Were you using any mods at all?

Cheers :)
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Posts: 1,334Registered Users
    edited July 10
    I have a similar issued with bugged family trees and random babies, for example in my first case after I adopted a female character the tree suddenly showed two babies and a "child" that's only a few years younger than the character before the character even got married. The "Children" also seem to have different surnames too.

The mod's I'm using are

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1790884130&searchtext=

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1791586648&searchtext=

I've also encountered a similar problem too for an unmodded run but I didn't keep the savefile since I wasn't aware the CA was looking for them, and I just brushed it off because I had the impression that CA barely fixes bugs that are reported (which I still believe is true for most of the other bugs currently in the game since they aren't fixed although they have bee reported for a long time such as Gan Ning's hail of arrows now working leading to mods that actually fixed the bugs like this one https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1791315178&searchtext=bug)

I will however return to post other instances like the one mentioned in this post when I see them again in the future though, because I adopt characters and use them for political marriages very often in my playthroughs. As long as CA expresses an interest in fixing the problems I'll be happy to provide the details.

Also, what is "yeeting?"
    @CA_Vix Are you still looking for these? I did another run and I found a pattern - when I adopt the character Zuozi Zhulan and I marry her to someone else I got two "phantom Children" Gao Bo and Gao Rou in both my runs consistently.

@CA_Vix Are you still looking for these? I did another run and I found a pattern - when I adopt the character Zuozi Zhulan and I marry her to someone else I got two "phantom Children" Gao Bo and Gao Rou in both my runs consistently.

Hi there,

I'm always searching, and always appreciative! Unfortunately we have no set time when we'll address this issue but the more info we have - the easier it will be to isolate.

Thanks for your screenshots/saves :)

All the best,

Vix
    edited July 16
    @CA_Vix Alright as long as you are interested in searching for these I will keep posting them as I encounter them in my playthroughs and keep posting here as I find new consistencies with the issue.

Also thank you for the 1.1.1 beta patch as it really addressed many of the problems that people were asking for in the community especially with the treachery problem when going to war to protect your vassals, as least to me it showed that you guys at CA cares about improving the game through community feedback. Of course there are more issues which are still unfixed but I do think that the patch is a big step in the right direction towards improving the game overall.
    Thanks everyone for your comments and involvement :) we're closing this thread for the time being until we either reach a fix or the community re-raised this issue again more frequently.

Cheers,

Vix