Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ideas for TW Warhammer 3

FrontaffeFrontaffe Junior MemberPosts: 21Registered Users
I just want to collect some new ideas for TW Warhammer 3
I start with a few feel free to add more :)

1.total overhaul of siege battels
- includes new Maps with Citys that have multible walls
- improved siege KI
2.more unique animations
-including animations for Heros on big mounts like mammoths ( for example a unique animations for lords on mammoths vs
small flying units)
3. let Malus Darkblade start in the cathayan empire i think that would make for an interesting story ^^

Comments

• Aram_theheadAram_thehead Posts: 901Registered Users
    1. Chaos lords can ascend to daemonhood and become daemon princes
    2. Chaos factions can unlock daemons of chaos units
    3. Fix the siege gate bug
    4. Redesign the big map in order to make it look good. Continents are too stretched and deformed in mortal empires.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 2,120Registered Users
    edited June 19
    -Optimise the game
    -Rework the sieges
    -Fix the siege gate bug
    -Optimise the game
    -Rework the map a bit, Lustria is absolutely boring and uninteresting in ME and some provinces are just a joke (looking at you Khatep's start)
    -Oh and freaking optimise the game goddamnit
  • BetoBotBetoBot Posts: 244Registered Users
    Better siege is nothing new.. I think it's the most demanded improvement for wh3...
  • CountTalabeclandCountTalabecland Posts: 223Registered Users
    An ability for Capitals to have a second Wall or Keep around the capture point would be good. Make capitals even more resistant to the AI’s incompetence in defending with amazing garrisons.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,134Registered Users

An ability for Capitals to have a second Wall or Keep around the capture point would be good. Make capitals even more resistant to the AI’s incompetence in defending with amazing garrisons.

Yeah, but I find capture points pretty much completely useless in this game. I don't bother defending them at all and the AI will route before you can really take it yourself. I guess that might make it more worth defending, but as it is the AI can't hold on long enough for you to capture the point in most scenarios.
    Later
  • FossowayFossoway Posts: 2,399Registered Users
    Improve the diplomacy. I don't expect 3K-level of diplomacy, but tweaking what we have to make it less frustrating. Easier trade agreements, Military Alliance making confederations easier instead of making it harder, that sort of things.

And please give us Middenland and Mousillon. We've waited long enough. It's not funny anymore.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 3,134Registered Users

Yeah, but I find capture points pretty much completely useless in this game. I don't bother defending them at all and the AI will route before you can really take it yourself. I guess that might make it more worth defending, but as it is the AI can't hold on long enough for you to capture the point in most scenarios.
    Same, even times I've tried to just run and hold the capture point then enemy pretty much breaks less than 20 seconds afterwards because of all the damage I had to do just to get there. And that's even racing recklessly to that point.

Which is why overhauling the sieges would be a pretty mighty task in of itself, and while some of the old sieges in TW had merits they also had some big flaws to. Gotta be careful with those rose colored lenses. So its' not something I regard as simple.

As often mentioned yeah, diplomacy, and map mechanics in general. TW kinda dumbed a lot of that down at first 'to concentrate on battles' and while I will perfectly concede that TW:Warhammer battles are the best in the series they toned it down to much. Also, some of that battle perfection is because we have exotic rosters. Ya know, dragons, mammoths, griffons, and the like.

Optimization is one of the biggest ones I'd like to cite though. A lot of performance issues at the moment are the spaghetti code. It needs to be a bit untangled and some overall tweaks to get it to a nice spot.
  • goliath55goliath55 Posts: 447Registered Users
    - every previous race with a starting position on the game 3 map in some way would be a cool option (existing LL, not new)
    - toggle options for campaign (e.g. occupy everywhere / climate suitability)
    - better sieges: cannons on walls, more ways to breach walls quickly, better layouts
    - optimisation as others have pointed out. Particularly relating to turn times, the lighting engine, SSAO
    - winds of magic tied in to likelihood of demonic forces appearing in a region
    - chaos portals on razed towns allowing recruitment of demons or for rogue armies of demons to manifest
    - Kislev. Bear Cavalry.
    - Enhanced Diplo options , doesn't need to be 3K level - region trading with allies e.g.
    - Middenland with cult of Ulric roster.
    - perhaps chaos rifts or portals that connect far off parts of the map together for a time or permanently allowing each campaign to play out dynamically in terms of the enemies you face.
    - Bohemond the Beastslayer to come out of nowhere and wreck face.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Posts: 581Registered Users
    neodeinos said:

-Optimise the game
    -Rework the sieges
    -Fix the siege gate bug
    -Optimise the game
    -Rework the map a bit, Lustria is absolutely boring and uninteresting in ME and some provinces are just a joke (looking at you Khatep's start)

Dont forget to rework the sieges (x2) like really.
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Posts: 901Registered Users

neodeinos said:

-Optimise the game
    -Rework the sieges
    -Fix the siege gate bug
    -Optimise the game

Dont forget to rework the sieges (x2) like really.
    I think we absolutely shouldn't forget to mention to optimize the game and fix bugs.
  • Kailey36Kailey36 Posts: 4Registered Users
    -Optimise the game
    -Rework the sieges
    -Fix the siege gate bug
    -Optimise the game
  • uriakuriak Posts: 3,421Registered Users
    edited June 20
    Optimize, debug are given, okay.

Almost no one can agree on what good sieges would be. The dream scenario with several walls, large armies clashing, retreating etc require so many specific elements to just work right it's almost a pipe dream :

- an AI actually optimized for this kind of scenario
    - a layout that allow non infantry to do interesting stuff, which goes against actual more defensive layers.
    - large enough armies to make a larger siege area worth it.

So you can pick a "good" map layer, like in some GGCM maps but it will still needs the atual armies, the AI for it and enough space for artillery/cav/monsters to do more than use very limited space.

Now just picture if most sieges use large layouts, how many would be just a miserable numbers of units in an almost empty space ?

The sad, sad truth, is military wise, sieges are the last resort and always are unfavorable for some units types. Walls are force multipliers and the aggressors was often multiple times more numerous for evident reasons.
    Then on campaign you have two uncompatible objectives : avoiding endless sieges after sieges AND not making most cities vulnerable by any roaming army. Unless the real player opinion is "of course MY cities shouldn't be razed/pillaged in one turn, but I'd rather not fight AI walled cities myself"

If it was me, there would be two possible avenues here :
    - give us larger garrisons in minor cities for the approprate factions. And or give some combat bonus, at least in "homeland" ie cities you've owned for a while.
    - make walls and siege layour more spatious to allow for more varied units usage

and adding.
    - try to make the AI do more varied stuff, instead of always splitting their forces between walls and city center.

• arghozarghoz Junior Member Posts: 288Registered Users
    edited June 20
    Most important:
    1. reduce turn times on mortal empire by 40% or more. Its extremly long already, if we end up with a even bigger mortal empire campaign the turn times will become unbearable long.

Speaking of Warhammer 3, when do you guys think we will get some news about it, and a release? Its been quite long already.
    WH2 was released just 1 year after WH1, and now its 2 years since WH2 released and we have 0 info about WH3.

News(and releases) about DLC's is also extremly slow now compared to how it was for WH1, its basically complete silence for 5-7 months and then info just right before the release. Would been more interesting to actually know a bit in advance what we can look forward to.
  • Firkraag888Firkraag888 Posts: 1,428Registered Users
    Fix the never ending seige battle grind. The mid to late game becomes very unenjoyable when you have to do another seige for the 40th frickin time in a rowe.
  • uriakuriak Posts: 3,421Registered Users
    And how should that happen ? Forbid the AI to build walls ? Remove walls on minor cities ? Force the AI to go and fight doomstacks in the open instead ?

Or, - gasp - reduce the number of settlements in general.
  • Firkraag888Firkraag888 Posts: 1,428Registered Users
    uriak said:

And how should that happen ? Forbid the AI to build walls ? Remove walls on minor cities ? Force the AI to go and fight doomstacks in the open instead ?

Or, - gasp - reduce the number of settlements in general.

You are obviously new to these forums or havent been reading the thousands of posts about it.

By far the number one complaint about tww so far has been excactly what i said.

Seige battles are currently in a very bad shape for Alot of reasons.

Expect big changes in the third game

• Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 562Registered Users
    @Firkraag888
    I don't see any change coming to sieges. They are not going to revamp every single siege map from the first two games just to bring it on par with the third games changes.
  • PancakesPancakes Posts: 377Registered Users
    They can release TWW3 with the same everything, all I want is full DX12 support like they promised us in May2016.
  • TorakTorak Posts: 769Registered Users
    Playable nagash ll & legions of nagash is all i want from tw warhammer 3

Nagash deserves to be in the game & PLAYABLE NOT AI!!!!!
    Team skaven
  • FrontaffeFrontaffe Junior Member Posts: 21Registered Users

@Firkraag888
    I don't see any change coming to sieges. They are not going to revamp every single siege map from the first two games just to bring it on par with the third games changes.

if they dont bring changes the louse a huge opportunity