Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A mod that removes permanent injuries through events?

randomGodrandomGod Posts: 38Registered Users

I never reload my game and my Zhang Fei just lost his eye through a random event which is infuriating. Honestly CA, 99.9% of players will reload when they see that happen. Why put that in a event?

I can accept perma injuries in battles but this is too harsh and unwarranted... I'm fine with injuries that can heal though.

Is there a mod that removes perma injuries from those events?

Comments

• tadakatsutadakatsu Junior Member Posts: 367Registered Users
    well considering losing an eye gives him the scare train and reduces evasion which he doesnt have much of anyway isnt that bad
  • sourpufferfishsourpufferfish Posts: 71Registered Users
    randomGod said:

99.9% of players will reload when they see that happen.

No they wont.
    Presumptuous post.

• AgentGBAgentGB Junior Member Posts: 58Registered Users
    edited June 19
    Would probably need to delete like two events if you can find them. Which is losing an eye & lame. Not sure what you need to open a 'pack' file, haven't done any total war modding since i had a dabble with thrid age total war for a submod. But i suspect its in one of the data files. Best ask in the modding forums, & create a mod folder so you don't have to reinstall the whole game if you do something wrong. I've modded paradox games, which i just change the file into a notepad readme, but i think for the 'pack' files you may be able to use the modding tools that came out with Rome 2. Probably will look into when the workshop comes online & after i've read some tutorials. But pretty sure you're looking at deleting two lines of code or something mayhaps.
  • tqhung87tqhung87 Senior Member Posts: 394Registered Users
    And somehow 70-80% of my named generals have the "lame" trait. That is too much.
    tqhung87 said:

And somehow 70-80% of my named generals have the "lame" trait. That is too much.

I tend to just roll with the punches. To be fair i'm always getting them to do crazy stuff, surprised they aren't charging into battle in a wheelchair the next turn.
  • takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,292Registered Users
    It's only a trait dude, and you can remove them in the PFM

• burgaudburgaud Posts: 68Registered Users
    AgentGB said:

tqhung87 said:

I tend to just roll with the punches. To be fair i'm always getting them to do crazy stuff, surprised they aren't charging into battle in a wheelchair the next turn.
    Zhukeliang did... in the mission after he died, scared off Sima Yi and won.
    thats where the saying "Sima Yi scared of dead Zhukeliang"
    burgaud said:

AgentGB said:

tqhung87 said:

ah never heard of that before? i'll have to look into that? is that in the lore of three kingdoms or something? Sounds interesting.
  • markp27markp27 Posts: 559Registered Users
    AgentGB said:

burgaud said:

AgentGB said:

tqhung87 said:

ah never heard of that before? i'll have to look into that? is that in the lore of three kingdoms or something? Sounds interesting.
    Technically that is not true. It was Jiang Wei that actually scared off Sima Yi, by setting up an ambush and convincing Sima Yi that Zhuge Liang was still alive.
    markp27 said:

AgentGB said:

burgaud said:

AgentGB said:

tqhung87 said:

Technically that is not true. It was Jiang Wei that actually scared off Sima Yi, by setting up an ambush and convincing Sima Yi that Zhuge Liang was still alive.
    ahhh okay? have u got a wikipage or something so i can read up about it? sounds interesting. Currently watching the three kingdom series, so if it pop up in the series i already will have some context for it.
    AgentGB said:

markp27 said:

AgentGB said:

burgaud said:

AgentGB said:

tqhung87 said:

ahhh okay? have u got a wikipage or something so i can read up about it? sounds interesting. Currently watching the three kingdom series, so if it pop up in the series i already will have some context for it.
    Just type in on google zhuge liang scares sima yi. Won't let me put up the page I have for it on here.
    AgentGB said:

markp27 said:

AgentGB said:

burgaud said:

AgentGB said:

tqhung87 said:

https://saravanansiddeswaran.wordpress.com/2015/09/03/a-dead-zhuge-scares-away-a-living-zhongda-a-legends-story/
    Thanks dude!