Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Multiplayer campaign

Stoned_GandalfStoned_Gandalf Posts: 1Registered Users
Hey guys I’m new here,
I want to start multiplayer campaign with someone so I have few questions:

1.does anyone want to join me?
2.is the MC works good? What is the system requirements and internet to run MC without lags/bugs?
3. How many players can play in the Campaign?
4. Is there a Facebook community for RTW2 to find players to join me?
5. How the MC works ? Do all the players need to be connected for one to play his turn?

Thank you!

Comments

• The_baronThe_baron Posts: 506Registered Users
    Hey !
    As you can see from the amount of responses to your post the multiplayer scene for Total War games is practically dead mainly because of design :).

1. Its ironic a person needs to look for random players outside of the game he wants to play, shows the quality CA's multiplayer deigns. That being said I am not sure I am in the mood to join , but if you play DEI on legendary difficulty and looking for a competitive head to head we might get along.

2. On release the MPC was crap but now after lots of refinements its working really well. If you got a good system and a decent internet connection you should be fine to play a stable game with people in your region. However the game is horrible at displaying this information in lobby, there is no way to know if your game partner will have a good computer or a trash one and there is no way to know why lags happen if they happen.

3. Only two. Took them a decade to develop it now I guess it will take them two decades to get the number of players up. This is a real bummer as the game could shine with a larger number of players , co-op is to boring cause the A.I. is already to weak to be a challenge and head to head is to intense for some - larger numbers makes for a more fun environment to play even not for the most competitive players. There is no sign for any increase of players any time soon.

4. I have no clue about any good place to find players , but as I said it would have been most logical to use the ingame browser to search for players ... but with the system in place you would need a miracle (staying in lobby with the game open and not using the computer for anything else till you get lucky and a person who wants to play what you want to play will get it) good luck.

5. There is only two players max , so yes , there is a time limit per turn if you wanna use it but its not dynamic which means that if you play a turn in 1 minute on early game 100 turns into the game you should be able to complete your turns in 1 minute as well ;) the design is so good it makes my eyes tear up.

Good luck on your endeavours !
  • StibokStibok Member Posts: 62Registered Users
    Down for campaign! Add me on steam, username: Stibok