Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Angels in Bretonnia

Subr1185Subr1185 Posts: 17Registered Users
Since we have demons in the game, it would be pretty awesome if a faction like Bretonnia can have a unit like the angels. They already have Paladins, priests, knights and all that Christian stuff, so angels would fit quite nicely in their roster. I know they are not in the lore, but there is no need to follow lore to the letter. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Posts: 3,028Registered Users
    No
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,846Registered Users
    You're doing it wrong, it's Estalia that should have the angels. ;)
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 5,329Registered Users
    edited June 23
    The only angels in Warhammer came from Imperial Engineers and they were mechanical.

Edit: Even then actual Angels would be the work of Slannesh and that a Daemon of Slannesh has Angel like wings.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 2,997Registered Users
    It's not about following lore to the letter, it would be a hard turn away from the lore. Because all the gods that actually help humanity works directly through humanity. There is no great savors to come down and save you from the daemonic hordes. You have nothing but faith and your own steel.

So I say emphatically, no.
  • DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 2,598Registered Users
    If you actually wanted to give Bretonnia more fantastical units that'd be fine, but there are plenty of far better and more setting-appropriate choices for it than angels.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,793Registered Users
    Subr1185 said:

Since we have demons in the game, it would be pretty awesome if a faction like Bretonnia can have a unit like the angels. They already have Paladins, priests, knights and all that Christian stuff, so angels would fit quite nicely in their roster. I know they are not in the lore, but there is no need to follow lore to the letter. What do you guys think?

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 4,283Registered Users
    Daemons are angels.

To me, at least.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
    Crossil said:

Daemons are angels.

To me, at least.

I mean look at Azazels wings pure Slanneshi Daemon.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USAPosts: 5,559Registered Users
    edited June 23
    I demand that Sigvald be given wings so that we can have an angel. :wink:
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • goliath55goliath55 Posts: 382Registered Users
    Pegasus Knights are angels to mere peasants ! Pray tell, have you paid your tenthshare this season serf?!
  • AbmongAbmong Posts: 922Registered Users
    They already have the Green Knight. He's basically the Bretonnia Archangel. The lost sons could be added as a summoned unit for the Fay Enchantress like how Cylostra summons damned knights.

That being said, there is one character I would be OK with being made into an angel. Repanse de Lyonesse could be brought back as an ethereal/angel LH. She could just look like her TT model or CA could give her wings, then she would somewhat resemble the 40K living saints but with medieval Bretonnian armour. But to have anyone other than Repanse, let alone units of angels flying around would just break the feel of Bretonnia. This isn't AoS.
    Total War: Warhammer IV - Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Khuresh (+ Lost Vampire Bloodlines, Monkey kingdom DLC) :#
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,204Registered Users
    Knowing CA, they'd all be ugly anyway.

Sephlock said:

"... because, you know, people come in all shapes and sizes..." :D
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,204Registered Users
    Ol_Nessie said:

Sephlock said:

"... because, you know, people come in all shapes and sizes..." :D
    All of them ugly, apparently.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .
  • Unknown6203Unknown6203 Posts: 740Registered Users
    I could care less for lore, since GW destroyed the world anyway. but i must say even angels are a bit much.

I would love to see Foot Knights thought....
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 1,882Registered Users
    We need "He Who Shall Not Be Named" to set things straight!

I will Summon him....Mortals avert your eyes or be blinded by the splendor!

Reeks said:

• BringtehBloodBringtehBlood Posts: 97Registered Users
    All angels are in estalia.

Close thread
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Posts: 1,744Registered Users
    Give Bretonnia Angels, yes!
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Posts: 1,732Registered Users
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,264Registered Users
    Subr1185 said:

Christian stuff? They prey to a disguised Elf goddess which doesn't employ angels.

Also, hi Equix!

• uriakuriak Posts: 3,421Registered Users
    You're thinking more about the HoMM serie. It is a warhammer trope that there are few supernatural "good" entities, and the only actual gods doing stuff are the chaos ones (the roles of all others is debatable and maybe more aking to belief given substance )

Bretonnia in particular, is a faction exemplar in having normal troops given supernatural abilities. Chaos warriors could be the same if they weren't accompagned by many monsters. (I feel chaos factions in general have a bit of a sprawling roster problem but that's something different)
  • Infinite_MawInfinite_Maw Posts: 1,428Registered Users
    There is no harm in adding Bretonnian angels. As long as we get Nurgle jesters, theatrical plaguebearers and maybe mutant seals.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,264Registered Users

There is no harm in adding Bretonnian angels. As long as we get Nurgle jesters, theatrical plaguebearers and maybe mutant seals.

There already are Nurgle Jesters:

• TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,430Registered Users
    Somebody's been play Kings of War:

• FloppingerFloppinger Posts: 332Registered Users

There was even a Mordheim warband called The Carnival of Chaos, which was basically a Nurgle themed carnival troupe.

There was even a Mordheim warband called The Carnival of Chaos, which was basically a Nurgle themed carnival troupe.
    That's what @Infinite_Maw was referring to originally. He's got a link to his Carnival of Chaos thread in his signature. Check it out, it's fairly dope.

• Fear_The_WolfFear_The_Wolf Posts: 2,981Registered Users

The only angels in Warhammer came from Imperial Engineers and they were mechanical.

Edit: Even then actual Angels would be the work of Slannesh and that a Daemon of Slannesh has Angel like wings.

The Slaneeshi thing is true, at least in the context that the OP wanted. The warp isn't hell, it's raw emotion made manifest. The Daemons perceived represent various aspects of reality at their most extreme.
    Reeks said:

• psychoakpsychoak Posts: 2,275Registered Users
    I actually checked this thread just to see how many heretic pictures there were.