Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

This forum is dead. What the hell?

ItharusItharus Senior MemberPosts: 7,047Registered Users
News please.

3K is already boring, lol.

Back to warhammer, go!
«13

Comments

  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,514Registered Users
    Well personally for me the game is dead since I heard that we won’t get more race packs. Already played every race and have no interest in doing it again. Couldn’t care less about another LP
    I want a new race!
    I think with their DLC policy CA really killed the game. New content every 5-6 months is just ridiculous...
    We as costumers are frustrated because we demand for more content to spend our money on but CA doesn‘t Supply.

    I‘m still enjoying 3K, absolute amazing game!
    Will wait for game 3 before coming back to Warhammer...
  • Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Posts: 1,218Registered Users
    The forum is dead... long live the forum? The 3k forum?
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 1,591Registered Users
    I'm antsy too, but Jesus, people need to act with a bit of dignity here. I can't remember ever thinking that StarCraft was "DEAD!!!111one!!" because Blizzard hadn't pumped out an expansion pack in a while.

    I know it's an old-fashioned mentality, but I refuse to let my gaming hobby be dictated by the whims of a developer.

    Take breaks, come back. Or not.
  • dreagondreagon Senior Member Posts: 1,914Registered Users
    Just play something else for a while and then come back. Usually that works for me if I've played a game to much.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,302Registered Users

    I'm antsy too, but Jesus, people need to act with a bit of dignity here. I can't remember ever thinking that StarCraft was "DEAD!!!111one!!" because Blizzard hadn't pumped out an expansion pack in a while.

    I know it's an old-fashioned mentality, but I refuse to let my gaming hobby be dictated by the whims of a developer.

    Take breaks, come back. Or not.

    I mean to be fair the Starcraft co-op missions subforum has been doom and gloom for awhile before Stettman got released out of nowhere.
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 1,665Registered Users

    I'm antsy too, but Jesus, people need to act with a bit of dignity here. I can't remember ever thinking that StarCraft was "DEAD!!!111one!!" because Blizzard hadn't pumped out an expansion pack in a while.

    I know it's an old-fashioned mentality, but I refuse to let my gaming hobby be dictated by the whims of a developer.

    Take breaks, come back. Or not.

    I mean to be fair the Starcraft co-op missions subforum has been doom and gloom for awhile before Stettman got released out of nowhere.
    There are Starcraft coop missions? There's a forum for them? And it's official?
    #JusticeForUshoran #RuneGolems #RuneGuardians #ShardDragons #Thunderbarges #Stormfiends #BigMonsters #MoreDakka
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,454Registered Users
    How dare you say that about my kingdom! The corpses are just for decoration.

    One bit of news and back on the ALIVE TRAIN!
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,103Registered Users
    It cycle of life. Why you have to rage?
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,047Registered Users
    Cuz they killed the product I enjoyed for the sake of an inferior product that's not as enjoyable.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,103Registered Users
    Itharus said:

    Cuz they killed the product I enjoyed for the sake of an inferior product that's not as enjoyable.

    Inferior product that is currently the best seller of franchise..........
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

  • TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Posts: 858Registered Users
    MrMecH said:

    Itharus said:

    Cuz they killed the product I enjoyed for the sake of an inferior product that's not as enjoyable.

    Inferior product that is currently the best seller of franchise..........
    It may have sold quickly but that does not translate to long-term appeal. Warhammer has MUCH more variety and also a MUCH bigger modding fanbase.
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • ArizonaBlack1ArizonaBlack1 Posts: 247Registered Users
    Inferior product that is currently the best seller of franchise..........

    The king is dead, long live the king?
  • VildvargVildvarg Posts: 126Registered Users
    From what I hear CA favors the undead, so that makes sense.
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,578Registered Users
    Well, there's not an awful lot to talk about.

    Was always going to be a couple of dead months after 3K's release, and anyone thinking once 3K was out of the way we'd be back to a TWW1 style DLC/FLC release schedule was deluding themselves.

    Besides, wasn't TPATW only released just over a month back?
    ArneSo said:

    New content every 5-6 months is just ridiculous...

    Agreed, but it is what it is.

    Sensible thing to do is hold off on buying Game 3 until it's DLC/FLC schedule is clear. If it's another case of over two years before all the withheld units are added in, perhaps give it a miss until then.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • PdcGunnerPdcGunner Posts: 337Registered Users
    I have been getting tired of the game right and i haven't fully played every single faction. Have not played 100 turns as Chaos or Vampires.

    I think I need to take a break.

  • TorcerTorcer Posts: 55Registered Users

    I'm antsy too, but Jesus, people need to act with a bit of dignity here. I can't remember ever thinking that StarCraft was "DEAD!!!111one!!" because Blizzard hadn't pumped out an expansion pack in a while.

    I know it's an old-fashioned mentality, but I refuse to let my gaming hobby be dictated by the whims of a developer.

    Take breaks, come back. Or not.

    Well said.
  • uriakuriak Posts: 3,421Registered Users
    edited June 28
    The forum is not dead. (check other sections to discover a real dead forum)

    The communication is dead, though. We are at this stage when we basically know they are focused on 3k, but they won't aknowledge it.

    I'm really curious if they will talk to us about the more and more often reocurring talks about upkeep/recruiting/army comp. At least to tell us they wont change it in TWW3, or that perhaps they are considering change.

    We may need more fan content in the meantime, we don't have shitposting to keep us occupied like reddit ^^;
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 968Registered Users
    ArneSo said:

    Well personally for me the game is dead since I heard that we won’t get more race packs. Already played every race and have no interest in doing it again. Couldn’t care less about another LP
    I want a new race!
    I think with their DLC policy CA really killed the game. New content every 5-6 months is just ridiculous...
    We as costumers are frustrated because we demand for more content to spend our money on but CA doesn‘t Supply.

    I‘m still enjoying 3K, absolute amazing game!
    Will wait for game 3 before coming back to Warhammer...

    I agree, there will always be people on forums like steam or whatnot that complain about DLC, hoping they get more FLC.

    The buyers actually come with ideas of more or other DLC in combination with some free stuff to get everybody happy.

    If u have a good base game there is no way to complain about DLC. they messed it up a bit with chaos in part one but made up for it with Bretonnia, people need to let it go.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,525Registered Users
    Itharus said:

    News please.

    3K is already boring, lol.

    Back to Warhammer, go!

    Well it's too late, CA already focus most of it's attention on 3K, and 3K had sold more copies, it's how capitalism works, Warhammer would get more DLCs, but the big delays are here to stay. :)

    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Trivia/TotalWarWarhammerII

    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/TotalWarThreeKingdoms
  • adrianMadrianM Posts: 23Registered Users
    MrMecH said:

    Itharus said:

    Cuz they killed the product I enjoyed for the sake of an inferior product that's not as enjoyable.

    Inferior product that is currently the best seller of franchise..........
    It's a best seller because 70% of the customers are from the targeted audience, as in chinese audience . For the rest of us the whole Dong Hu , Ji Ka and whatever the hell Liili Caca means little (baring a few exceptions ) and is as interesting on the long term as documentary about shellfish.

    But in the end numbers matter , and 1 million chinese dudes buying it means that 3K is the top dog now, all hands on deck to make DLC's for it. Better find another franchise for fantasy strategy games fast, before they all figure out what sells today :)
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 968Registered Users
    edited June 28
    Tayvar said:

    Itharus said:

    News please.

    3K is already boring, lol.

    Back to Warhammer, go!

    Well it's too late, CA already focus most of it's attention on 3K, and 3K had sold more copies, it's how capitalism works, Warhammer would get more DLCs, but the big delays are here to stay. :)

    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Trivia/TotalWarWarhammerII

    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/TotalWarThreeKingdoms
    What about the different teams working on both games? u saying they all work on 3k now while CA said hey have separated teams working on Historical and Fantasy?
    Post edited by Marker on
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 968Registered Users
    adrianM said:

    MrMecH said:

    Itharus said:

    Cuz they killed the product I enjoyed for the sake of an inferior product that's not as enjoyable.

    Inferior product that is currently the best seller of franchise..........
    It's a best seller because 70% of the customers are from the targeted audience, as in chinese audience . For the rest of us the whole Dong Hu , Ji Ka and whatever the hell Liili Caca means little (baring a few exceptions ) and is as interesting on the long term as documentary about shellfish.

    But in the end numbers matter , and 1 million chinese dudes buying it means that 3K is the top dog now, all hands on deck to make DLC's for it. Better find another franchise for fantasy strategy games fast, before they all figure out what sells today :)
    Not only the number of buyers, but it also has the best diplomacy for historical games we have seen until now which makes up for a huge part of the campaign. Ill give them credit for that. It looks colorful and fun and to think that the campaign is actually the best part instead of the battles in my opinion, not that the battles are bad, is actually a big achievement.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 968Registered Users
    Marker said:

    adrianM said:

    MrMecH said:

    Itharus said:

    Cuz they killed the product I enjoyed for the sake of an inferior product that's not as enjoyable.

    Inferior product that is currently the best seller of franchise..........
    It's a best seller because 70% of the customers are from the targeted audience, as in chinese audience . For the rest of us the whole Dong Hu , Ji Ka and whatever the hell Liili Caca means little (baring a few exceptions ) and is as interesting on the long term as documentary about shellfish.

    But in the end numbers matter , and 1 million chinese dudes buying it means that 3K is the top dog now, all hands on deck to make DLC's for it. Better find another franchise for fantasy strategy games fast, before they all figure out what sells today :)
    Not only the number of buyers, but it also has the best diplomacy for historical games we have seen until now which makes up for a huge part of the campaign. Ill give them credit for that. It looks colorful and fun and to think that the campaign is actually the best part instead of the battles in my opinion, not that the battles are bad, is actually a big achievement.
    I actually like the Diplomacy of TWW but I would like it to be more frequent and a little more options, like selling or giving settlements. or sending an ally to ruins to take it.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,525Registered Users
    Marker said:

    Tayvar said:

    Itharus said:

    News please.

    3K is already boring, lol.

    Back to Warhammer, go!

    Well it's too late, CA already focus most of it's attention on 3K, and 3K had sold more copies, it's how capitalism works, Warhammer would get more DLCs, but the big delays are here to stay. :)

    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Trivia/TotalWarWarhammerII

    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/TotalWarThreeKingdoms
    What about the different teams working on both games? u saying they all work on 3k now while CA they have separated teams working on Historical and Fantasy?
    Yea there is an technically 'separated teams', but one of the teams has an skeleton crew. :)
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 1,682Registered Users
    Well, CA can't focus on more than one game as usual. They are pretty silent on 3K too though, except when they are announcing a patch.
  • vintagepurplevintagepurple Posts: 708Registered Users
    According to the forums this game is dead since before Q&C/Norsca.

  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,454Registered Users
    Tayvar said:

    Marker said:

    Tayvar said:

    Itharus said:

    News please.

    3K is already boring, lol.

    Back to Warhammer, go!

    Well it's too late, CA already focus most of it's attention on 3K, and 3K had sold more copies, it's how capitalism works, Warhammer would get more DLCs, but the big delays are here to stay. :)

    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Trivia/TotalWarWarhammerII

    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/TotalWarThreeKingdoms
    What about the different teams working on both games? u saying they all work on 3k now while CA they have separated teams working on Historical and Fantasy?
    Yea there is an technically 'separated teams', but one of the teams has an skeleton crew. :)
    Source please.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • SaitohSaitoh Posts: 259Registered Users
    adrianM said:

    MrMecH said:

    Itharus said:

    Cuz they killed the product I enjoyed for the sake of an inferior product that's not as enjoyable.

    Inferior product that is currently the best seller of franchise..........
    It's a best seller because 70% of the customers are from the targeted audience, as in chinese audience . For the rest of us the whole Dong Hu , Ji Ka and whatever the hell Liili Caca means little (baring a few exceptions ) and is as interesting on the long term as documentary about shellfish.

    But in the end numbers matter , and 1 million chinese dudes buying it means that 3K is the top dog now, all hands on deck to make DLC's for it. Better find another franchise for fantasy strategy games fast, before they all figure out what sells today :)
    It's the #3 top seller for May in the US and the first time a PC exclusive has been in the top 3 since Diablo 3 in 2012.
  • amon_chakaiamon_chakai Posts: 143Registered Users
    Dead, is it? Too bad, I just joined.
    Anyway, which is doing better sales-wise, 3K or WH?
Sign In or Register to comment.