Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: Warhammer 3 Theoretical Map

2ndmap2ndmap Registered Users Posts: 104
I don't really post here but I wanted more eyes on this thing, its as lore-accurate of a map of the region TWWH3 is likely to take place in that I could manage.

There's a couple gameplay concessions, most notably the WE and Bretonnians. But as much as possible of the map and its factions are taken straight from the lore. Regions that had no specific name have been given generic ones based on things relating to around that area.

I'd love to hear some thoughts on it, and to know if I **** anything up.

https://i.imgur.com/CRcetMn.jpg
-

Want to learn about the Dark Lands? Check this out: Video Overview of The Dark Lands

-

Comments

• HappyBoomerHappyBoomer Registered Users Posts: 106
    This is really good :)
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,166
    Really good map, you should post that on Reddit.
  • 2ndmap2ndmap Registered Users Posts: 104
    edited July 2019
    neodeinos said:

I tried, but since I don't really use that place either it turns out I have to wait a month before I'm even allowed to make my first post.
    If someone would share it there instead of me that'd be great.
    Post edited by 2ndmap on
    -

Want to learn about the Dark Lands? Check this out: Video Overview of The Dark Lands

-
  • GollummypreciousGollummyprecious Registered Users Posts: 405
    loks awesome mate
    Sanity is a curse, madness offers the only freedom...
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Registered Users Posts: 1,003
    I like it. I noticed that there's the blessed dread too. Is is on an island or have you turned it into a horde faction? Also, why did you include so many game 1 and 2 races? Is Lahmia occupied by the court of Lybras or is there a vampiric faction?
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Registered Users Posts: 562
    Good map but no far East, 0/10.

And no, random commenter, I don't need to hear about why you think it's unfeasible.

Still nice effort though.

I like it. I noticed that there's the blessed dread too. Is is on an island or have you turned it into a horde faction? Also, why did you include so many game 1 and 2 races? Is Lahmia occupied by the court of Lybras or is there a vampiric faction?

I gave the Blessed Dread a 'Horde' Trait to mark that yeah they're just a horde raiding the coast, which is what the Blessed Dread is supposed to do.
    I included them to fill the DE quota but also because Lokhir Fellheart have canonically raided Ind, that's where he got his red blades.

I gave the whole Devil's Backbone region to Khalida since she is a major power east of the world's edge and her fighting off a random vampire army for most of the game wouldn't really add much to the playable factions experience.
    -

-
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 863
    I think it stretches too far west. I can't imagine the standalone map for game 3 extended all the way back to Kemperbad. If anything, I think it will either be smaller than this or stretch further east. I really hope it stretches far enough east for Cathay to be possible, but I know that's really unlikely.

I think it stretches too far west. I can't imagine the standalone map for game 3 extended all the way back to Kemperbad. If anything, I think it will either be smaller than this or stretch further east. I really hope it stretches far enough east for Cathay to be possible, but I know that's really unlikely.

I feel its hard to include Kislev without their southern neighbors, and both Ogres and Dawi-Zharr cross the World's Edge to raid and what have you.
    The challenge of crossing the mountains feel like a essential part of the experience for those races. It is also a way to include game 1 races to add variety.

I get that Kemperbad is pretty far west, my reasoning was just that I didn't want Talabecland to be single settlement province.
    -

-
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 2,591
    I like the addition of certain game 1 and 2 factions and LLs. If the main campaign for game three allowed us to play as them so long as we owned the appropriate game/DLC that would go a LOOOOONG way towards pleasing the customer base. Imagine Throgg, Kroq-Gar and Thorgrim all taking part in the main storyline of game 3s standalone campaign! Yes please.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.

"Draconic murder ferret attack dog." - Ben1990 describing Shard Dragons.
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered Users Posts: 1,071
    Wow!Respect, great work. Though i'd cut it a wee bit on the east to make room for Tilea and Borgio :)

Believe in humanity!
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 3,137
    I wonder if they will include even more than that. WH2 had 4 continents very different from each others, and let's be frank, the Dark Lands by itself is kinda dull in comparison.

I could see them go either:
    - further west: following Tamurkhan's Odyssey from the Dark Lands to Nuln, enough to include Kislev and a good chunk of the Empire
    - further east: into the lands of Cathay, that would be kinda interesting to see
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,410
    The Moot! I would love CA to at least add a tavern to the moot (unique building) so we can get Halfling Archers, Hot Pot and Rooster Cavalry for the Empire.
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Registered Users Posts: 1,003
    What if instead of Including that much game1's land they included more territory in the chaos wastes? I stead of making the map oriented with the north on top, they could make it slightly turned to the north west. You'd have north west on top and south east at the bottom.

What if instead of Including that much game1's land they included more territory in the chaos wastes? I stead of making the map oriented with the north on top, they could make it slightly turned to the north west. You'd have north west on top and south east at the bottom.

That's a reasonable idea considering we know the most about the parts of the Chaos Wastes that's right above Norsca.

(This is a 8th edition map which is why 'Volcano's Heart' and Aekold's Trail is located in the wastes on it, but in 6th edition those were specifically mentioned being in the Dark Lands, I choose to adhere to the older canon in that respect when making the map. Because I thought it was more interesting.)
    -

-
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,063
    edited June 2019
    2ndmap said:

neodeinos said:

I tired, but since I don't really use that place either it turns out I have to wait a month before I'm even allowed to make my first post.
    If someone would share it there instead of me that'd be great.
    did it.
    thanks for your work.
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
    corvo said:

did it.
    thanks for your work.

Thanks, much appreciated.
    -

-
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered Users Posts: 1,071
    Btw, there probably could be dwarf factions in mountains of mourne, because lore states that there are some hidden karaks there.

Believe in humanity!
  • YakintonYakinton Registered Users Posts: 325
    Very cool map!

I was expected to see some very unlikely map with the far east. But no this is what game 3 most likely will look like

Well made
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,102
    Just a few critiques:

- Karag Dum is a fallen Dwarf hold, and it's currently occupied by Chaos. It's where they forge Chaos Armor. It shouldn't be held by a Dwarf faction
    - Karak Hirn has a named leader; King Alrik Ranulfsson
    - Grimgor should be moved from Black Crag to either Karak Ungor or somewhere in the Dark Lands. Per the fluff, that's where he actually resides. Also, I like the name "'Ardboyz" for his faction more than "Da Immortulz." Black Crag should be occupied by the Red Fangs led by Gorfang Rotgut.
    - Personally, I'd move Clan Mors to Karak Eight Peaks instead of Crooked Moon. The Skaven are more entrenched in K8P than either the Goblins or Dwarfs
    - The Silver Pinnacle should be North and East of Karak Ungor. https://i.imgur.com/XrE6AG0.jpg
    - Technically yes, all the Dwarf Karaks in the Mountains of Mourn are listed as abandoned, but the OK map is supposedly representative of the WH world as of 2520 or so. Since the campaign is supposedly set in 2502, it might be possible that at least 1 of the Karaks is still occupied by Dwarfs if only to add some variation to that area.

Otherwise, it looks very comprehensive. I especially appreciate the naming of Azhag's faction as the "Bonerattlaz."
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

tyrannus said:

Btw, there probably could be dwarf factions in mountains of mourne, because lore states that there are some hidden karaks there.

All the Karaks in the Mountains of Mourn are on the map, but they have all canonically fallen by this point. If there are Dwarfs still holding out, they haven't been named, and I made sure to not fabricate anything.

CA could probably add a Dwarf faction in there, but I wanted to adhere to the established lore for this map.
    -

-
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 2,042
    edited June 2019
    The map looks great! I have just one small critique; I think the Silver Pinnacle and Karak Kadrin should be in separate provinces, since both are mighty fortresses deserving of being major settlements. Neither is done justice being a minor settlement IMO.

Edit; Nagashizzar is often described as the strongest fortress in the world, big and powerful enough to awe even the likes of Teclis and Malekith (who has been to Karaz-a-Karak). As such, I think it is deserving of a racial capital status, it is certainly far stronger than castle Drakenhof.
    Ol_Nessie said:

Just a few critiques:

- Karag Dum is a fallen Dwarf hold, and it's currently occupied by Chaos. It's where they forge Chaos Armor. It shouldn't be held by a Dwarf faction
    - Grimgor should be moved from Black Crag to either Karak Ungor or somewhere in the Dark Lands. Per the fluff, that's where he actually resides. Also, I like the name "'Ardboyz" for his faction more than "Da Immortulz." Black Crag should be occupied by the Red Fangs led by Gorfang Rotgut.
    - Personally, I'd move Clan Mors to Karak Eight Peaks instead of Crooked Moon. The Skaven are more entrenched in K8P than either the Goblins or Dwarfs
    - The Silver Pinnacle should be North and East of Karak Ungor. https://i.imgur.com/XrE6AG0.jpg
    - Technically yes, all the Dwarf Karaks in the Mountains of Mourn are listed as abandoned, but the OK map is supposedly representative of the WH world as of 2520 or so. Since the campaign is supposedly set in 2502, it might be possible that at least 1 of the Karaks is still occupied by Dwarfs if only to add some variation to that area.

Otherwise, it looks very comprehensive. I especially appreciate the naming of Azhag's faction as the "Bonerattlaz."

At least according to the 8th edition greenskin armybook Skarsnik has almost complete control over the actual hold of Karak eight peaks, with the skaven controlling tunnels below and constantly invading, and the dwarfs holding just a small settlement on the surface, on the plain between the mountains. The description in Gotrek and Felix; Trollslayer also supports this description, so I think Skarsnik and the crooked moon tribe are best suited to control the settlement, with an undercity from clan Mors.
    Ol_Nessie said:

I believe that Karag Dum fell sometime after the generally accepted start of TWWH, when they were evacuated by Gotrek and Felix, they should still be holding out at this point.
    Ol_Nessie said:

Noted, I'll keep that in mind for when i update it. I just kind of considered them somewhat unimportant for the map in general, I almost cut them out entirely.
    Ol_Nessie said:

You're right, but I tried to make as much of the Old World conform to game 1. I really just renamed the "Greenskin" faction.
    Ol_Nessie said:

Understandable position, but the Greenskins are a lot more important to the Dawi-Zharr than the Skaven, so I prioritized them more.
    Ol_Nessie said:

Its not 100% accurate using that map, but take a look at this one: https://imgur.com/jHnnx9h
    Ol_Nessie said:

I agree, but I didn't want to have to invent anything for the map, CA will probably add some dwarfs there.
    -

-
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,102
    2ndmap said:

Ol_Nessie said:

I believe that Karag Dum fell sometime after the generally accepted start of TWWH, when they were evacuated by Gotrek and Felix, they should still be holding out at this point.
    Karag Dum, which roughly translate as Doom Mountain, is situated far to the north of most other Dwarf Karaks, on the very edge of the Chaos Wastes. It was besieged and conquered 200 years ago by the hordes of Chaos. Recently a small surviving group of Dwarfs living in a state of perpetual siege was rescued by a Dwarf expeditionary force which included the adventurers Gotrek and Felix.

This is from the WH wiki. It's not the most accurate source at times, but it's quickly at hand. Any Dwarfs still surviving in Karag Dum likely wouldn't be in control of the fortress to say the least. They'd be in hiding while the Forces of Chaos search them. The story of the rescue by Gotrek and Felix is set against a backdrop of Karag Dum occupied by Chaos.
    2ndmap said:

Ol_Nessie said:

Its not 100% accurate using that map, but take a look at this one: https://imgur.com/jHnnx9h
    What's the source for your map? The one I provided is from the 8th edition Dwarf army book. If yours is more recent, then go with that one, but if it's not I think mine is more up to date.
    Build a Slayer Hero and make Miners, Rangers, and Irondrakes great again! Thorek Ironbrow 2020

• FakeEmperorFakeEmperor Registered Users Posts: 595
    Great map!!! Big chances that the game map looks really close to this one.

I've some doubts about LL factions:
    In Vortex, even if all game 1 races are present, there are no WH1 legendary lords, they are only in ME. I really doubt that factions like khalida or Azhag will be in, even if they have lots of reasons to be there.
    I'm basing this on WH1 - WH2 observations, maybe CA will change this, hopefully.

Also, there are no Vampires Coast settlements.... Do you intended them as hordes?

Also, there are no Vampires Coast settlements.... Do you intended them as hordes?

To tell the truth, I started making the map before they were released. And well, they are present in the form of sea treasure hunt events, so they would technically be able to be encountered by players.
    Don't know how else you would implement them.
    -

-
    "small surviving group of Dwarfs living in a state of perpetual siege"
    That's what I'm referring to, while yes, they are not a power house, they do still inhabit Karag Dum, so they make for a fun faction.
    Ol_Nessie said:

What's the source for your map? The one I provided is from the 8th edition Dwarf army book. If yours is more recent, then go with that one, but if it's not I think mine is more up to date.

Its from the End Times books, technically making it more recent lore than that other map.
    But really, the position is close enough as is and to change it you'd have to rearrange Peak Pass since Silver Pinnacle is suppose to be on it.
    -

-
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,283
    Absolutely brilliant. It also matches pretty well with the other map that featured regions and terrains that was released a while ago. That might've been you too, I don't know.

I do feel that maybe there's a bit too much of Chaos Steppes/Wastes in the upper right corner for it to be an interesting terrain, but that's a very small niggle.
  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,184
    Just wondering what is Kislevs icon shape based on?
    edited July 2019

I do feel that maybe there's a bit too much of Chaos Steppes/Wastes in the upper right corner for it to be an interesting terrain, but that's a very small niggle.

There's a bunch of interesting Kurgan tribes in the wastes which is cool, but functionally the Wastes creates a mass of chaos-worshiping savages ready to threaten anything southbound, it provides an early game for the Daemons, and finally it gives the Kislevites a chance to reconquer their ancestral land and just generally fight a bunch of chaos.
    It might be too big, but it'd be odd if the chaos wastes was just thin strip easily taken care of, at least to me.

Just wondering what is Kislevs icon shape based on?

Just a random shield shape that wasn't taken by the other factions. No significance, at least none intended.
    -

-