Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What kind of computer do I need for a 4K Extreme Quality?

CrinloriteCrinlorite Posts: 10Registered Users
Hello, I've got currently this setting

Intel Core i7 4770 3.40GHz
16GB RAM DDR3
Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
SSD Hard Drive

I can run the game almost Extreme on 1080p, but when I rise to 2K or 4K I need to decrease the quality a lot to keep a 40-60FPS stable, do you think that with a 2070 Super (Which's going to be released on 9th July) it'll be enough?

Thanks!

Comments

• TyphoonBlazeTyphoonBlaze Posts: 93Registered Users
    big battle will not be on your side even if you have the best pc exist ,maybe now you can play 40-60 fps on extreme when you fight 40 units in the battlefield , 2070 super will be more than enough but your CPU will bottleneck it so much when you play total war , this game isn't really optimized on workload

if you have the money maybe wait for another nvidia GPU , i always upgrading my pc in range of 2 generation gpu , my last gpu was 750ti now i have 1060 , but again it's all on your choice i just giving my opinion
  • psychoakpsychoak Posts: 2,327Registered Users
    So... yeah, what he said.

I have an i9 9980XE, 128GB of ram, and a 1080 Ti. In a 4v4 custom battle at 1440P with maximum settings in Warhammer II, the GPU is sitting around 50% utilization. If I up the battle speed, there isn't much difference because it's already pegged and can't run faster.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.