Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

After Total Warhammer 3

2»

Comments

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,143Registered Users
    Yeah, I don't think it would work past the Victorian era. there are loads of places and times still to visit in the historical games.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Posts: 516Registered Users

Yeah, I don't think it would work past the Victorian era. there are loads of places and times still to visit in the historical games.

Fair enough, but I'd like to see CA go to at least modern day, if not future fantasy. Do something different, you know?

Moved to Total War General Chat where all speculation on future games belongs.

Sounds good, sorry!
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 1,208Registered Users

Likewise. Though late game units could become insane, make the Gatling gun look low power lol.

Fair enough, but I'd like to see CA go to at least modern day, if not future fantasy. Do something different, you know?

It's a setting much better for the CoH style games.
    Commisar said:

Likewise. Though late game units could become insane, make the Gatling gun look low power lol.

Make no mistake, I loved the Dawn of War series (Especially the first game), but there's just so much more meat on the bones with Total War games. I'd love to see them do something new and crazy. And going to a pre-dominantly ranged combat game (IE, mostly guns) could add some really cool wrinkles. I'd argue it'd be even more of a shakeup to the formula than Total Warhammer was when it first launched.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,892Registered Users

Commisar said:

Make no mistake, I loved the Dawn of War series (Especially the first game), but there's just so much more meat on the bones with Total War games. I'd love to see them do something new and crazy. And going to a pre-dominantly ranged combat game (IE, mostly guns) could add some really cool wrinkles. I'd argue it'd be even more of a shakeup to the formula than Total Warhammer was when it first launched.
    the last time a main game was predominantly ranged combat people complained about that it's rather one dimensional. And that it was buggy... I want an Empire II...

But otherwise: Don't go further than 1900 I'd say for land combat. Naval can go to 1918 I'd say, but land combat? Nah.

I'd be up for a Victoria/Bismarck/whatever Total War
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,143Registered Users

Sounds good, sorry!
    There's a good video by Indypride on how a WH 40000 could work:

But it wouldn't be either 40k or TW if they did it. You'd have to grind up the meat and bone and lose large parts trying to fit both those molds together that it will be horrid.

But it's not any more ranged combat over previous games such as Empire or Napoleon. Close combat makes up a huge part of 40k

Sounds good, sorry!
    There's a good video by Indypride on how a WH 40000 could work:

Yep, I always watch his suggestion videos (Even if I don't always fully agree, he backs up his points well). And I think 99% of people are on-board with 40K being the next fantasy game - myself included. Still, always nice to imagine what else CA could take over!
  • zerkmannzerkmann Posts: 348Registered Users
    A Total War Warhammer 40k is my dream game.
    But my fear is that Warscape isn't capable of giving the setting any justice or is CA capable enough to pull off a satisfying combat system.

I'd rather Relic think hard about the wrongs they've done and give as another GOOD Dawn of War instead of that "thing" they made the last time.
    zerkmann said:

A Total War Warhammer 40k is my dream game.
    But my fear is that Warscape isn't capable of giving the setting any justice or is CA capable enough to pull off a satisfying combat system.

I'd rather Relic think hard about the wrongs they've done and give as another GOOD Dawn of War instead of that "thing" they made the last time.

I don't think I have faith in Relic any more. It hurts to say, because I want a developer from my area to succeed, but they've been moving in the wrong direction (Personally speaking) since DoW1. I'd argue the next great game they did after that wasn't even a strategy, it was a third-person shooter (Space Marine).
    I'd say Space Marine was a good game. It's a bit dated now but relatively solid and I would say deserving of a follow up. Same thing with CA and Alien: Isolation. Out of their "standard" but still of good quality that could easily be polished up for a second game. Although their DoW3 was a failure, think we'd need to see how they do with the new AoE.
  • zerkmannzerkmann Posts: 348Registered Users
    Commisar said:

I'd say Space Marine was a good game. It's a bit dated now but relatively solid and I would say deserving of a follow up. Same thing with CA and Alien: Isolation. Out of their "standard" but still of good quality that could easily be polished up for a second game. Although their DoW3 was a failure, think we'd need to see how they do with the new AoE.

The fact that AoE4 is going to be a microsoft exclusive is really going to hurt its exposure. Also I'm a really worried that they have not shown anything for more than 2 years now.
    Commisar said:

Yep, Space Marine was great. Dawn of War 2 was worse than the first to me, and Dawn of War 3 took those flaws and turned them up to 11. They seem to be in a downward trajectory, and worse still, rather than admitting it they're digging in their heels and trying to force it through.