Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Quotes

f9devilf9devil Posts: 1Registered Users
Hello !

I've been looking for ToB's loading screen quotes but can't find them anywhere. I even searched them in the games files :smiley:

Can someone tell me where can i find them? Or does anyone remember the quote that about ''A man thinking of his problems all night long and wakes up with a confudes mind etc. etc.'' (This quote is actually what i'm looking for.)

Thank you for your helps in advance!

Comments

• Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 1,684Registered Users
    f9devil said:

Hello !

I've been looking for ToB's loading screen quotes but can't find them anywhere. I even searched them in the games files :smiley:

Can someone tell me where can i find them? Or does anyone remember the quote that about ''A man thinking of his problems all night long and wakes up with a confudes mind etc. etc.'' (This quote is actually what i'm looking for.)

Thank you for your helps in advance!

That seems like it is from the Norse Poem "Håvamål" (Old Norse: Hávamál, English: The Speech of the High One), a poem where Odin in disguise gives life-advice and morality lessons to listeners.

Stanza 23.
    "The unwise man is awake all night,
    and ponders everything over;
    when morning comes he is weary in mind,
    and all is a burden as ever."

(TW:S might be using a different translation, there are quite a few different ones in English.)

https://www.pitt.edu/~dash/havamal.html