Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Denuvo is doing good for 3K, really hope WH3 will have it as strong as this

takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,288Registered Users
edited July 6 in Off Topic General
I just hate Pirates overall, and those who refused to support CA

It's working out so far very well for CA on 3K, Denuvo is doing CA justice. And 3K has been proven to be the total war with the strongest protection since far. Denuvo fees is quite expensive, but it is definitely worth it at this point

Can anyone remember those Denuvo threads asking CA to remove it? Saying it's going to get cracked on day 1?

All of those are ppl who are pirates, looking at those threads on Steam, none of them has bought the game still, which tells you who these ppl really are

Comments

• SagrandaSagranda Posts: 1,439Registered Users
    The scene groups who are cracking Denuvo games are currently on vacation.
    Not especially the best time to judge the effectiveness of it.

Also, not everyone "pirates" out of the same reason.
    "Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 621Registered Users
    It doesn't remove the fact that Denuvo has been proven to affect performance. I would rather not have it at all, saying it as someone who purchased 3K.
    You shouldn't generalize people who have concerns about performance and are asking for it's removal by directly comparing them to pirates. That's insulting and ignorant.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 6,234Registered Users
    It makes the game run poorly. That is not an acceptable anti-piracy measure imo.

Also, you seriously overestimate the piracy dollars. Those schmucks weren't going to buy the game any way in the vast majority of cases.

So really the only one getting shafted are you and I and every other legitimate customer.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 3,191Registered Users
    I didn't even know this was an issue. I like how 3K is currently optimized, has this programme been added?
  • takilung31takilung31 Posts: 1,288Registered Users
    Itharus said:

It makes the game run poorly. That is not an acceptable anti-piracy measure imo.

Also, you seriously overestimate the piracy dollars. Those schmucks weren't going to buy the game any way in the vast majority of cases.

So really the only one getting shafted are you and I and every other legitimate customer.

Denuvo only really lowers like 1-2 fps, it really doesn't matter, i never notice any difference in drops of fps or whatever that people have been saying, sacrificing 1-2 fps to stop Pirates is 100% worth it. People who support Cracks are beyond me, even if a game gets cracked, the future updates will not, look on Thrones

edited July 6

I didn't even know this was an issue. I like how 3K is currently optimized, has this programme been added?

CA added much stronger anti-crack measures on 3K, it's working out very well, I love it personally. Feel free to check those Denuvo threads, none of them has buy the game, and yet they still make those threads asking CA to remove it.

Why? Because they want to play the game for free without paying for it

Same thing will happen for WH3, in the future I hope CA ignores all Denuvo Threads from Pirates who want to get Denuvo removed

• ReeksReeks Posts: 1,550Registered Users

Itharus said:

Denuvo only really lowers like 1-2 fps, it really doesn't matter, i never notice any difference in drops of fps or whatever that people have been saying, sacrificing 1-2 fps to stop Pirates is 100% worth it. People who support Cracks are beyond me, even if a game gets cracked, the future updates will not, look on Thrones
    Go do a youtube search there´s some research done there that shows how much Denuvo can affect certain games, it´s certainly more than one-two fps i can tell you that
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 621Registered Users

Denuvo is heavy on CPU performance and TW games heavily rely on CPU. 3K is lax on that due to a smaller map, no agents, so of course the performance hit would be lesser.
    Also 1-2 fps loss? Most of the affecting issues are loading times. Not to mention that differs based on hardware.
    Talking about Denuvo is not against the rules btw, so flagging it will do nothing. There has been plenty of Denuvo threads made in the past on this forum and steam, nothing happened to them. CA has even responded to Denuvo threads in the past

Denuvo is heavy on CPU performance and TW games heavily rely on CPU. 3K is lax on that due to a smaller map, no agents, so of course the performance hit would be lesser.
    Also 1-2 fps loss? Most of the affecting issues are loading times. Not to mention that differs based on hardware.

Loading time is based on SSD though, Warhammer does takes longer, but 3K its like 5-8 seconds on mine, on the highest settings

Reeks said:

Go do a youtube search there´s some research done there that shows how much Denuvo can affect certain games, it´s certainly more than one-two fps i can tell you that

But we haven't seen any comparisons made for any Total War titles have we? It's not as bad as people per say, its all assumptions, and we're talking about Total War here

CA added much stronger anti-crack measures on 3K, it's working out very well, I love it personally. Feel free to check those Denuvo threads, none of them has buy the game, and yet they still make those threads asking CA to remove it.

Same thing will happen for WH3, in the future I hope CA ignores all Denuvo Threads from Pirates who want to get Denuvo removed
    Well that sounds better than what happens on a Ubisoft game. I have to log in every time to something I can never remember the password for. Much prefer having software working a way in the background.

People haven't bought it for multiple reasons, not just because they want to play it for free.
    Stop throwing accusations at people when you can't prove them.
    "Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson

Talking about Denuvo is not against the rules btw, so flagging it will do nothing. There has been plenty of Denuvo threads made in the past on this forum and steam, nothing happened to them. CA has even responded to Denuvo threads in the past

True, the 'flag' isn't a 'dislike' button.

Reeks said:

But we haven't seen any comparisons made for any Total War titles have we? It's not as bad as people per say, its all assumptions, and we're talking about Total War here
    That is true, i have yet to see a research done for Total War games specifically, but to think it have close to no effect on Total War games when the effect on the other titles tested is quite significant is a tad naive in my eyes.
    The flag is done under abuse.
    My assumption would be that someone did it because he accuses everyone who hasn't bought 3K (yet) and is for the removal of Denuvo of pirating, which would warrant the "Abuse"-Flag.

- Soren Johnson
  • KronusXKronusX Posts: 1,352Registered Users

It's working out so far very well for CA on 3K, Denuvo is doing CA justice. And 3K has been proven to be the total war with the strongest protection since far. Denuvo fees is quite expensive, but it is definitely worth it at this point

Can anyone remember those Denuvo threads asking CA to remove it? Saying it's going to get cracked on day 1?

All of those are ppl who are pirates, looking at those threads on Steam, none of them has bought the game still, which tells you who these ppl really are

Denuvo fee is only worth it for the company that made Denuvo, not for anyone else. You also have no proof linking Denuvo to ''helping 3K'', that is just an assumption based on...nothing really?

I am also not sure how exactly is ''Denuvo helping 3K'', in Warhammer's situation, it makes it an even bigger mess and bigger loading times since it's a piece of garbage software mixed with crappy optimization from CA's part making a big ****.
    Reeks said:

That is true, i have yet to see a research done for Total War games specifically, but to think it have close to no effect on Total War games when the effect on the other titles tested is quite significant is a tad naive in my eyes.

It might have an impact on WH2, and Wh1, but 3K runs like a butter atm, we can expect performance increases on WH3 for sure

Would love to see someone do a comparison for Total War titles in the future, sadly none have done one yet

KronusX said:

Denuvo fee is only worth it for the company that made Denuvo, not for anyone else. You also have no proof linking Denuvo to ''helping 3K'', that is just an assumption based on...nothing really?

I am also not sure how exactly is ''Denuvo helping 3K'', in Warhammer's situation, it makes it an even bigger mess and bigger loading times since it's a piece of garbage software mixed with crappy optimization from CA's part making a big ****.

This is purely assumptions, but if you have read many comments from Pirates and such, Denuvo has been proven to be in increase of sales, why? Because if someone doesn't buy the game he will not be able to play it. many pirates will be urged to buy the game if they are interested in the game, i have seen many comments from pirates who ended up buying the game after all

Which means is a big win for us and CA, more people buying = more DLCs = more support for the games in the future

Now if the game gets cracked on Day 1, People are much less likely to buy the game? Their mind set would be, why would i want to buy if its already free. it's very twisted

KronusX said:

Equally though, "Denuvo fee is only worth it for the company that made Denuvo, not for anyone else", that's also a guess surely?

Why would CA use it if they didn't think it was beneficial?
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 4,314Registered Users
    Denuvo is a rot on a healthy tissue of gaming. Advocating for it is even worse than content denial.

Ceterum censeo denuvem delendam esse.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

KronusX said:

Equally though, "Denuvo fee is only worth it for the company that made Denuvo, not for anyone else", that's also a guess surely?

I´m sorry but loads of companies have used Denuvo without it having any effect whatsoever as the games were cracked.....with Denuvo on day one of release

But this Denuvo subject is a pointless discussion to have here tbh CA have already stated a few months back that they had no intention of removing the program from their titles
    Reeks said:

But this Denuvo subject is a pointless discussion to have here tbh CA have already stated a few months back that they had no intention of removing the program from their titles

I am on the side that supports Denuvo, there has been plenty of threads in regards to Denuvo, people never attack them, yet when i do the other way around, I am the one getting attacked :D

I am praising CA for implementing such strong protection, 3K is a great foundation for future Total War to come, if 3K can be this strong, it's looking good for WH3

KronusX said:

Why do people buy snake oils? For the same reason.

• twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,062Registered Users
    edited July 6

KronusX said:

Its not really down to CA but Sega who own CA and act as publisher. There is an old short Q&A from Sega when they started using it:

https://www.sega.com/denuvo

Its a cat and mouse game so at any point in time the way denuvo works can change and likewise its effect on the runtime performance of the game.

Edit CA version:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172116/denuvo-q-a/p1
    Post edited by twwatcher on

KronusX said:

This is purely assumptions, but if you have read many comments from Pirates and such, Denuvo has been proven to be in increase of sales, why? Because if someone doesn't buy the game he will not be able to play it. many pirates will be urged to buy the game if they are interested in the game, i have seen many comments from pirates who ended up buying the game after all

Which means is a big win for us and CA, more people buying = more DLCs = more support for the games in the future

Now if the game gets cracked on Day 1, People are much less likely to buy the game? Their mind set would be, why would i want to buy if its already free. it's very twisted
    ''This is purely assumptions, but if you have read many comments from Pirates and such, Denuvo has been proven to be in increase of sales, why? Because if someone doesn't buy the game he will not be able to play it. many pirates will be urged to buy the game if they are interested in the game, i have seen many comments from pirates who ended up buying the game after all''

Actually if someone cannot pirate the game they will simply not play it, there is no proof indicating that those customers would buy it instead.

Other reasons that promote buying a game could be to avoid any technical issues/virus/keyloggers and the whole hassle that comes with it especially since most games those days are gigantic. FF for instance can reach 100 GB for some of their installments. Do you really want to go through the hassle of downloading that then having a corrupted file?

Simplicity is another factor. I have in my steam library right now 1048 games. I can uninstall a game in a minute and have another downloaded not too long after. I have a couple of my other games on Uplay/Blizzard.

What does Denuvo add ? Nothing except additional problems for legitimate users.
    KronusX said:

KronusX said:

Why do people buy snake oils? For the same reason.

Or.. they've looked at it and are pleased with the results. Yes, people buy snake oil because it 'sounds' good, however, the 'snake oil' argument usually needs to be backed up by evidence that contradicts whatever evidence CA used to make a decision on it. Considering we don't know what evidence or research CA have done it's hard for anyone outside it to have an opinion.
  • blaatblaat Junior Member Posts: 2,932Registered Users
    Sagranda said:

Careful @blaat
    We got reprimanded in a different thread about Denuvo that such statements are walking the thin line to receiving an instant ban.

thanks for the warning but why I explicitly stated I do not support piracy but am against anti consumer practices

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
    twwatcher said:

KronusX said:

Its not really down to CA but Sega who own CA and act as publisher. There is an old short Q&A from Sega when they started using it:

https://www.sega.com/denuvo

Its a cat and mouse game so at any point in time the way denuvo works can change and likewise its effect on the runtime performance of the game.
    Crazy! Someone brought some actual evidence into the discussion.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 18,405Registered Users
    If Denuvo affects performance, then I'm not noticing it on 3K because that game runs better than practically any other TW game since Empire.

This discussion has been closed.