Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

M2TW timescale change and Steam

YeomanHunteRYeomanHunteR Posts: 3Registered Users
edited July 9 in Medieval II: Total War
Hı guys and ladies...ı play m2tw since 2009 and ı love it too much..but original version each turn has 2 years...so ı can play only 220 or 230 turn :( ı want to change time scale and playable nation(the Turks) but ı am afraid maybe ı wıll face a steam penalty...so ı asked steam this problem and they said ''ask this to developers ıf they allow you there is no problem'' after ı asked this sega and they turned me to here..so ı can change this mini settings ? espacialy large armies .... 0 -1 etc.. ?? ı hope you understand my bad englısh :D greetings from Anatolia ...
Tagged:

Comments

• CapricornianGoatCapricornianGoat Junior Member Posts: 41Registered Users
    Since you have been playing since 2009, you probably have heard of descr_strat.txt in the imperial campaign folder.

Change the end_date of 1530 to something way way into the future. I inserted 999 into mine so i can play until the year 1999530. LOL.

Change the timescale from 2.00 to 0.50 (for example) if you want to play two seasons or turns per year.

-Bat
  • YeomanHunteRYeomanHunteR Posts: 3Registered Users
    ı know that already and ı dont asked this..ıf ı change this folder details can ı eat a ban from steam ?
  • CapricornianGoatCapricornianGoat Junior Member Posts: 41Registered Users

ı know that already and ı dont asked this..ıf ı change this folder details can ı eat a ban from steam ?

Eat a ban from steam? Ask steam. LOL.

You may know this already and did not asked for this. But changing descr_strat.txt is very basic often the very first step in modding. Once you enter the realm of modding you are on your own. So backup your files. Backup . And backup.

-Bat
  • YeomanHunteRYeomanHunteR Posts: 3Registered Users
    why you answered to me without read my topic ı dont know but thanks :) ı took my answer..then ı know m2tw moddable game like tes5 skyrim now and ı dont eat a ban from steam for skyrim mods...