Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

ideas for the total war of the future

jeisson066jeisson066 Posts: 1Registered Users
edited July 10 in Total War General Chat
I play a lot to the titles of total war, like the attila, warhammer, rome 2.
So I came up with good ideas, for the future total war, for example, somewhat more modern settings, such as the first world war, or an empire 2, in addition to this I came up with something novel that would be very interesting to add to the games, and would you give the amount of population, I mean, in the settlements we have a quantity of food and gold, because we do not add a lot of people ?, and this would affect all the gameplay, because we would have a limit on the number of armies to recruit , and also when passing the shifts, the populations are growing and so we can recruit more troops and others, you could also play with immigration and demography something that would be very innovative in the franchise and make it more realistic. well that would be all
Tagged:

Comments

• CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 1,175Registered Users
    Would say the Total War as we know it can only do up to pre-WW1. After that it just falls apart.

We used to have population, think Empire/Napoleon were the last games to fully cover it. Doesn't really impact recruitment of armies, at this stage it's more industrial ability and earlier it was more economic with armies being backed with mercenaries from around Europe.

Reason I think they dropped the population mechanic for the more binary system is it's easier to track and calculate which improves performance and the pop system didn't really do much for the game. You keep food positive and don't tax them and they grow without any issues.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,043Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Personally, I want a Guns @ Powder game, with naval battles. Doesn't have to be an Empire 2 but in an appropriate time frame.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 3,189Registered Users
    1815 to 1890 would be fine for me! I actually enjoyed the technology in FotS naval battles.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,043Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    The FOTS pieces of Shogun II were probably the only part I really enjoyed, though not to a large degree. Once the MP portions started to suck, I pretty much just left it.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Posts: 1,175Registered Users
    I enjoyed it, love using the torpedo boats against bigger ships lol

But I think it could be improved with a new game, the idea of the port defences would open up some interesting battle maps! :open_mouth:
    edited July 11
    I completely agree with those points Commisar.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 3,189Registered Users
    Yeah I really enjoyed getting the torpedo tech, really changed naval battles.

Also appreciated naval bombardment..
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,041Registered Users
    I'd kill for an Empire 2, whether it's a successor to Empire 2009 or a sequel set in the 19th century. I'd probably prefer the Victorian setting, but the big problem I see with that is the campaign map would probably have to encompass the entire globe. So I think a remake/sequel to Empire 2009 would be more likely.

The only way I could see WW1 in a Total War game (in the current format) would be as a late-game mechanic to a Victorian Total War where the campaign ends around 1900, just before the advent of machine gun tactics renders most military tactics of the previous century obsolete almost overnight. Instead it would be a grand alliance of nations that unites to overthrow your empire which has upset the international balance of power and threatens to dominate world affairs.
  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 666Registered Users
    War of the Five Kings after Warhammer.