Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Surely we must be nearing some kind of announcement for tww3?

Firkraag888Firkraag888 Posts: 1,406Registered Users
Just give me something, anything, please.

😳

Comments

• corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 2,928Registered Users
    edited July 11
    Nope, and I would not expect that announce until early-mid 2020. and the game for november 2020
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • Firkraag888Firkraag888 Posts: 1,406Registered Users
    corvo said:

Nope, and I would not expect that announce until early-mid 2020. and the game for november 2020

Typically how long is it after games are officially announced (eg they have an announcement trailer, have officially done press releases about the game ect) are they released?

Is it a few months? Or what is the usual time ?

• steph74steph74 Junior Member Posts: 975Registered Users
    We are one day closer than yesterday. That's the only objective statement we can make.
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 2,928Registered Users
    edited July 11

corvo said:

Typically how long is it after games are officially announced (eg they have an announcement trailer, have officially done press releases about the game ect) are they released?

last time were 6 months aprox between the official announcement and the release date.
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • Firkraag888Firkraag888 Posts: 1,406Registered Users
    corvo said:

corvo said:

last time were 6 months aprox between the official announcement and the release date.
    Cool. Baldurs gate 3 just got announced 1 month ago. Hopefully it will
    Be out in 5 months
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,825Registered Users
    I will second that there probably won't be any announcement till 2020. I do think it will probably come out in 2020 but don't expect to hear an announcement soon.
  • AzurianAzurian Posts: 601Registered Users
    edited July 11
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,959Registered Users
    Well, WH2 was announced about a month after Bretonnia, so is probablyreasonable to say the month after the last LP will see announce of WH3.

Optimistically, because they are LP not a race (even if it was half complete), this time I guess the announce could be before the final LP, but that is probably unlikely.
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,467Registered Users
    Goatforce said:

Well, WH2 was announced about a month after Bretonnia, so is probablyreasonable to say the month after the last LP will see announce of WH3.

Optimistically, because they are LP not a race (even if it was half complete), this time I guess the announce could be before the final LP, but that is probably unlikely.

Agreed, at the very earliest, perhaps an announcement in early 2020.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,204Registered Users
    given we have more then 1 DLC for WH2, I don't think CA will do a "okay, in 12 months you can buy this game but please pay attention to the 2+ DLCs for Wh2 instead before that".

Till they finish this round of LP's I don't think they will talk about Wh3 much.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 2,038Registered Users
    No they only just properly started on it don’t expect anything on it until spring next year if secondgame is any indication .

• TalmoreanTalmorean Posts: 1,430Registered Users

No they only just properly started on it don’t expect anything on it until spring next year if secondgame is any indication .

Wild speculation but May 2020 will mark the 4 year anniversary of Warhammer Total War. Could coincide with an announcement.
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Posts: 2,038Registered Users
    Talmorean said:

Wild speculation but May 2020 will mark the 4 year anniversary of Warhammer Total War. Could coincide with an announcement.
    I think it will be a bit earlier but that is not out of the realms of possibility.

• FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,190Registered Users
    Talmorean said:

I feel like that we will get some sort of FLC for the anniversary but the announcment will be earlier
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,516Registered Users

Just give me something, anything, please.

😳

Nope, CA is working on Total War: Three Kingdoms and other games, also additional DLCs would come first, and it's an good thing, CA don't need to skip adding more content to rush game 3.
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 857Registered Users
    Mid 2020...and don’t call me, Shirley.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,131Registered Users
    I don't know about Game3 but we will get LP in August. Prince Imrik confirmed!
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,031Registered Users
    I'd be happier with a LL DLC announcement.

What makes you say that? Will it have been five months since the last LP by then, or something?

Calm down Lucibuis but for Imrik.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Posts: 4,133Registered Users
    Arsenic said:

What makes you say that? Will it have been five months since the last LP by then, or something?
    It's blind optimism masking as confidence. Oh, but if you want actual evidence, then no. Sadly, nothing yet.
    Later
  • PancakesPancakes Posts: 377Registered Users
    Most likely a sept-nov dlc release, then may for TW3
    Arsenic said:

As it has been foretold.. days get shorter and stars blink more often. I hear them.
    Talmorean said:

Calm down Lucibuis but for Imrik.
    Let's not compare High Elves mandatory inclusion to fan made wish.

Lucibuis if you read this then know my friend that I wish not to minimalise importance of fairy dragon inclusion. I too love them.

Here lies dearest offering. Guild Wars 2 'Shimmerwing' skin for Skyscale mount.

ia ia fae dragon fhtagn

Arsenic said:

It's blind optimism masking as confidence. Oh, but if you want actual evidence, then no. Sadly, nothing yet.
    Blind? That's a grim overstatement. And both are FLC worthy!
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• ReeksReeks Posts: 1,887Registered Users
    Announcement for WH3 mid 2020 release a year or so after, unless they do a 3K then release late 2021 early 2022
    Pancakes said:

Most likely a sept-nov dlc release, then may for TW3

Sept LP 1
    January 2020 LP 2
    TWW3 announcement April/May 2020
    November 2020 release.

I would have happily accepted an educated guess with a bit of circumstantial evidence behind it, I thought perhaps there was something I missed. Am disappointed now.

@Maedrethnir whilst I am entirely on your side and want Prince Imrik, I wouldn't be able to resist a chuckle if CA thumbed it's nose at everyone and gave us Aislinn or Eldyra..

• NyxilisNyxilis Posts: 2,998Registered Users
    Given that I think most of the production team was on 3k they probably only just got the greater bulk of the workhorses for Warhammer 3. And like mentioned above I think we're more likely to hear something about the next lord pack, or even the one after that before Warhammer 3.
    edited July 11
    Arsenic said:

I would have happily accepted an educated guess with a bit of circumstantial evidence behind it, I thought perhaps there was something I missed. Am disappointed now.

@Maedrethnir whilst I am entirely on your side and want Prince Imrik, I wouldn't be able to resist a chuckle if CA thumbed it's nose at everyone and gave us Aislinn or Eldyra..

It's your fault Arsenic, it's all your fault! You could believe my divinations and share in my joy.

I can see Eldyra being Tyrion's exclusive LH. But then he would have two unique characters, her and Alastar.

You would chuckle and I would.. well I would probably make angry comment and then some.

• mightygloinmightygloin Posts: 1,323Registered Users

Prince Imrik confirmed!

Hope he's a strict footlord if he's added. Just like how some lords get unlorefully mounted, it's about time this worked in the other way around >:)