Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

What are the rules about making tools on top of the Total War editor? It would be very easy to make

Venne1138Venne1138 Posts: 3Registered Users
So the starting position and all that stuff is just an SQL database...that you can write to. I thought the tools they gave us were more restricted than that.

It's very easy to create a tool that would allow you to select provinces on a map (jQuery Vector Maps would probably work easily?) as the start position and then select the generals (just a bunch of icons) and then, write the SQL (longest portion, I know C++ but not SQL although given an already defined table I am sure there are tools that will autogenerate a lot of the simple commands you need), click go and call BOB and have it 'compile' in the background and then voila you're now playing the custom start position.

Like this is a week long project (max, seriously) if you do a few hours a night.

So what I don't understand

Has someone already done this? I can't find it?

Are we allowed to do this?

Comments

• Venne1138Venne1138 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Sorry. Full title was

"What are the rules about making tools on top of the Total War editor? It would be very easy to make a tool that allowed you to quickly and easily create custom start positions and factions. If this is allowed and I made it would you use it? "

But it went past the max title limit and I didn't realize.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file