Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ever use the loan mechanic in the early-mid game?

BalaminienGSBalaminienGS Registered Users Posts: 20
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Alot of you probably have seen that you can set up some decent loan margins by exchanging lump sums for payments over 10 turns. I think it'd be cool if this was expanded (if just superficially) to an UI option that sets an If:"lump exchanged per turn" or "per turn exchanged for lump" then an additional output box would show the percentage of the interest.

I'd have to admit it'd be dreaming to see it an official diplomatic treaty/option. The option provides the typical input boxes for the lump (to be exchanged) and and an introduction of a second output tagged along for the interest percentage and the hovering over/context box would explain that diplomatic penalties occur along with the debt of the party that comes up short during the 10 turn agreement.

I'd be interested to hear what were some big returns you've made and the context that you think made it possible/the outlier! Any experiences?

Comments

• markp27markp27 Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    edited July 2019
    You have obviously not read the latest update information.

EXPLOIT FIXES
    Fixed an exploit allowing more than three generals in multiplayer ranked battles
    You can no longer exploit the marriage system for income
    You cannot use the Best Friends reputation for free money
    Fixed the infinite money through rounding exploit
    You can no longer buy certain territories and immediately sell them back for more
    You can no longer continually divorce new spouses and use them to initiate new marriages and generate infinite characters

CA are trying to remove these type of exploits from the game..
  • Judaka_LTMJudaka_LTM Registered Users Posts: 107
    It's only an exploit if you get an unreasonably high ROI.
  • BalaminienGSBalaminienGS Registered Users Posts: 20
    markp27 said:

EXPLOIT FIXES
    Fixed an exploit allowing more than three generals in multiplayer ranked battles
    You can no longer buy certain territories and immediately sell them back for more
    You can no longer continually divorce new spouses and use them to initiate new marriages and generate infinite characters

Ahh that's a damn shame (on the loaning end), I was hoping the "exploit" would have been seen as something that's come across in risk management and strategy. I'm in need of funds now and am willing to pay an interest because the investment of these initial funds in a upcoming campaign will be paid for by swift victo - oh crap the campaign took a little longer and I've defaulted ... ooooh no, now they are demanding an ancillary or they can declare war on me (and did I mention the financial issue that I'm in?) --------------- aka Loans are indeed exploitative, no? Wait ... sorry for the sass - thanks for the heads up, maybe I can explore making a mod or something

Plus as Kong Rong right now I was hoping to be flexing this wisdom xD

The rest of that Jazz with the fixes are great though

Oh right I should have thought of that haha -ha-ha ahhh ... *leans in and whispers* What does the acronym ROI stand for again?
  • markp27markp27 Registered Users Posts: 1,539

Oh right I should have thought of that haha -ha-ha ahhh ... *leans in and whispers* What does the acronym ROI stand for again?
    If playing any mode up to and including very hard you can use another way to get some money early game. Start the game in easy mode then switch to the mode you want to play in straight away.
    edited July 2019
    There isn't a risk associated with that though. I just thought Creative Assembly were exploring some Paradox like diplomatic options. With the play through prior to this update I guess, as Cao Cao, I had everyone who wasn't at war with me in an exchange to get a market going and it was interesting

"I'll get some returns with some interest for some loans I've given and have negotiated every treaty to pay me over time instead of with a lump sum return. I can now take the portion of income each turn that's from interest, figure how much will be made over the next 10 turns myself and make that be the lump sum I use now to buy this ancillary off of this one warlord and sell it to the other warlord who has been begging for ancillaries (just I want to keep the ones it's asking for) and VOLA, I'm supplying the demand and the exchange of this ancillary from the one warlord to the other has made a return."

Ohh right, right, I'm supposed to be waging war, not making everyone dependent on me for financing - ain't nobody made an empire through that
  • Gelston#5141Gelston#5141 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,605

Return on investment
  • MKEsbjornMKEsbjorn Registered Users Posts: 534

markp27 said:

EXPLOIT FIXES

Ahh that's a damn shame (on the loaning end), I was hoping the "exploit" would have been seen as something that's come across in risk management and strategy. I'm in need of funds now and am willing to pay an interest because the investment of these initial funds in a upcoming campaign will be paid for by swift victo - oh crap the campaign took a little longer and I've defaulted ... ooooh no, now they are demanding an ancillary or they can declare war on me (and did I mention the financial issue that I'm in?) --------------- aka Loans are indeed exploitative, no? Wait ... sorry for the sass - thanks for the heads up, maybe I can explore making a mod or something

Plus as Kong Rong right now I was hoping to be flexing this wisdom xD

The rest of that Jazz with the fixes are great though
    The update is still a beta, it’s not updated across all games yet. So exploit away while you can :)