Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Pirate coves & Aranessa update

MalalTheRenegadeMalalTheRenegade Registered Users Posts: 400
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Hi,

I was going to post this in "Suggestions & Feedback" but I need your opinions on my propositions first.

To preface this : With the recent Under-City update, it's now the time for the Pirate Coves Mechanic to feel incomplete. Also, if we focus on the main flaws of the Vampire Coast, another one comes directly to one's mind, the poorly implemented Lord Aranessa Saltspite and her faction Sartosa. Here are some cheap and easy tweaks which could improve this feeling (IMO):

Pirate Coves :

- Add a detection mechanic like the Under-Empire (it is weird to have to destroy an entire faction to get rid of one cove)
- Reduce the delay between each creation of Pirate Coves for Admiral heroes (thus, the destruction would be less impactful on your economy)
- Remove the limitations for the AI ( the AI is only able to build economic structures for now because of this "no pirate coves detection/destruction" rule)


Aranessa Saltspite :

- Favorite corruption : Untainted
- Immune to attrition from Vampire Territories
- +30% Upkeep with undead units - Not sure about the percentage (Excluded : Mournguls, Prometheans and other "Sea monsters" which are not regular zombies)
- At least one more human unit (because the Free militia of Sartosa is a joke - CA already have human animations thanks to the Empire so it's only a reskin : why not dual sword pirates and some pirate gunners ?)
- Replace Vampire Lords by Pirate Lords (it's easy, you remove the white faces and the red eyes, you stick an eye patch and you have a pirate lord - the vampires in the tech tree can stay)

With all this, we could have a true human focus for Aranessa who feels really far away from her lore for now.


PS : I know there is probably a mod to do that but this is not an overhaul but how things should be.
Post edited by MalalTheRenegade on

Comments

  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 10,932
    TO THE BOOK WITH YOU!


    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

  • MalalTheRenegadeMalalTheRenegade Registered Users Posts: 400
    Sorry again for the failed post, now it should be better (I still have some things to correct but what you can read is my main point)
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 21,657
    an update for Sartosa and Aranessa “nobody” Saltspite is pure Heresy
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • MalalTheRenegadeMalalTheRenegade Registered Users Posts: 400
    edited July 2019
    ArneSo said:

    an update for Sartosa and Aranessa “nobody” Saltspite is pure Heresy

    I'll pay attention to avoid the Witch Hunters then. But it's more "tweaks and adjustments" than a true update, this does not jeopardize the Empire/GS rework
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,738
    I'd kind off prefer if they gave her her own subfaction to be honest and gave her some fishmen/sharkmen/mutant units to fit more in line with her character, maybe remodeling some human and monstrous units




  • WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,953
    The Vcoast as a whole needs a adjustments and tweaks, even some rework. On battle they are fine, but their campaign is a frankenstein mess.

    Offices from Empire.

    TechtreesLords from Tomb Kings.

    Infamy is marketed as one of their main mechanics but its a passive score that does nothing.

    They get their ships bonuses despite being way in the heartland of continents. They should only gain ships bonuses on sea or adjacent to a coastal settlement.

    I know its heresy to say as they are the newest race but still, it needs its criticism. Not saying I want this over Old World updates but I would like for CA to look into during game 3s lifespan.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    There is also ogre pirates who could easily be made after game 3 release.
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 1,911
    I you want to play them as Pirates not conquerors you nedd those coves to work
    Some of them are a big investment, so Heros randomly deleting them would be annoying.

    The Ai does not build them as far as I know.
  • MalalTheRenegadeMalalTheRenegade Registered Users Posts: 400


    The Ai does not build them as far as I know.

    "Reworked occupation option selection for Vampire Coast factions (VC AI will now sack, raze and establish Pirate Coves more often and occupy less often, greatly influencing their impact on the campaign and making them much more thematically aligned)" Source : https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-patch-notes-the-doomsayer-update/

    And the only building they have access to is the one to earn money.

    But I understand your concerns (I don't want to go from Lustria to Naggaroth or Lothern only to have my cove destroyed after a few turns).
    That's why reducing the cool down between each establishement of a cove could be a solution (also coves should be harder to find than under cities). Btw in my Ikit campaign, the AI discovered only one of all my under-cities (hence no so risky).
  • MalalTheRenegadeMalalTheRenegade Registered Users Posts: 400
    Timpeyo said:

    I'd kind off prefer if they gave her her own subfaction to be honest and gave her some fishmen/sharkmen/mutant units to fit more in line with her character, maybe remodeling some human and monstrous units

    Great idea but I'm afraid that is a lot more expensive than a reskin ...
  • BoombastekBoombastek Registered Users Posts: 2,121
    Jycce said:

    Hi,

    I was going to post this in "Suggestions & Feedback" but I need your opinions on my propositions first.

    To preface this : With the recent Under-City update, it's now the time for the Pirate Coves Mechanic to feel incomplete. Also, if we focus on the main flaws of the Vampire Coast, another one comes directly to one's mind, the poorly implemented Lord Aranessa Saltspite and her faction Sartosa. Here are some cheap and easy tweaks which could improve this feeling (IMO):

    Pirate Coves :

    - Add a detection mechanic like the Under-Empire (it is weird to have to destroy an entire faction to get rid of one cove)
    - Reduce the delay between each creation of Pirate Coves for Admiral heroes (thus, the destruction would be less impactful on your economy)
    - Remove the limitations for the AI ( the AI is only able to build economic structures for now because of this "no pirate coves detection/destruction" rule)


    Aranessa Saltspite :

    - Favorite corruption : Untainted
    - Immune to attrition from Vampire Territories
    - +30% Upkeep with undead units - Not sure about the percentage (Excluded : Mournguls, Prometheans and other "Sea monsters" which are not regular zombies)
    - At least one more human unit (because the Free militia of Sartosa is a joke - CA already have human animations thanks to the Empire so it's only a reskin : why not dual sword pirates and some pirate gunners ?)
    - Replace Vampire Lords by Pirate Lords (it's easy, you remove the white faces and the red eyes, you stick an eye patch and you have a pirate lord - the vampires in the tech tree can stay)

    With all this, we could have a true human focus for Aranessa who feels really far away from her lore for now.


    PS : I know there is probably a mod to do that but this is not an overhaul but how things should be.

    And what point into this?
  • MalalTheRenegadeMalalTheRenegade Registered Users Posts: 400


    And what point into this?

    What do you mean ? Nothing points to that, it's a suggestion
Sign In or Register to comment.