Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Should this forum be 16+

markp27markp27 Posts: 1,297Registered Users
All of Creative Assemblies games are 16+, so surely the official forum for the game should be 16+ too. As we put up videos and pictures from within the game. Otherwise it is breaking Pegi rules, by displaying those videos and pictures. I am wondering what other players think?

Comments

• Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    Well what I can say for certain is that blood and gore from the game (which is allowed to be posted on this forum) is definitely not something that is 'family friendly" or appropriate content for all ages. When this forum is for all ages we can have a 5 year old kid browsing it to find images from the blood and gore DLC with decapitated body parts and blood all over the image or video, I don't see how that's supposed to be family friendly or for all ages.
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,525Registered Users
    I heard that CA is planing to make a Lego Total War game soon, but it's not yet been officially confirmed.
  • DragantisDragantis PolandPosts: 190Registered Users
    edited July 27
    In my opinion any age restrictions other than on alcohol and cigarettes are stupid. Especially restrictions for video games are stupid. I have no idea why someone think that if kid let's say 10 year old see red pixels that is supposed to be blood in video game, He will go down the wrong path or something.

Well what I can say for certain is that blood and gore from the game (which is allowed to be posted on this forum) is definitely not something that is 'family friendly" or appropriate content for all ages. When this forum is for all ages we can have a 5 year old kid browsing it to find images from the blood and gore DLC with decapitated body parts and blood all over the image or video, I don't see how that's supposed to be family friendly or for all ages.

First thing letting 5 years old to freely use pc without parrent supervising his action isn't what should be allowed. Second thing I bet He will not even understand what he see. Third thing even if he do understand what He see than what?
    Blood for the Blood God!
    Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Posts: 1,560Registered Users
    Dragantis said:

In my opinion any age restrictions other than on alcohol and cigarettes are stupid. Especially restrictions for video games are stupid. I have no idea why someone think that if kid let's say 10 year old see red pixels that is supposed to be blood in video game, He will go down the wrong path or something.

First thing letting 5 years old to freely use pc without parrent supervising his action isn't what should be allowed. Second thing I bet He will not even understand what he see. Third thing even if he do understand what He see than what?
    Some people will go down the wrong path, but the chances of it to happen is so low it's next ot zero.
    Age restrictions exists because many people are too stupid to realise something is unfit to be shown to kids.

People do stupid things, thats why warnings and restrictions exists.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,135Registered Users
    Possibly the point is game ratings are not legal and they are more for parents to make decisions similar to the traffic light system for foods. A parent may be tempted to allow the under 16s to play for educational reasons and could also disallow the Blood DLC.

There's nothing to stop children from entering this forum so because it's officially a CA forum they may want to keep it nice. Plus I think it could be a slippery slope, allowing this place to go to Steam forum standards.
  • markp27markp27 Posts: 1,297Registered Users
    edited July 27

Possibly the point is game ratings are not legal and they are more for parents to make decisions similar to the traffic light system for foods. A parent may be tempted to allow the under 16s to play for educational reasons and could also disallow the Blood DLC.

There's nothing to stop children from entering this forum so because it's officially a CA forum they may want to keep it nice. Plus I think it could be a slippery slope, allowing this place to go to Steam forum standards.

Try sending a 5 yr old into a shop to buy an 18+ console game and see if they manage to get it. The restrictions are there for a reason. If the parent buys it for the child that is their choice, but it is the responsibility of the shop to not sell that game to a minor.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,135Registered Users
    markp27 said:

Try sending a 5 yr old into a shop to buy an 18+ console game and see if they manage to get it.
    Generally I don't think you should send a 5 year old to any shop without an adult. However, if we send a 14 year old to buy a 16+ game, chances are, they'll be fine.
    edited July 27

markp27 said:

Try sending a 5 yr old into a shop to buy an 18+ console game and see if they manage to get it.
    Generally I don't think you should send a 5 year old to any shop without an adult. However, if we send a 14 year old to buy a 16+ game, chances are, they'll be fine.
    Not in the UK anymore. Grannies get stopped buying alcohol over here and asked for ID :D
    https://www.countryliving.com/life/news/a41518/shop-staff-refuse-to-sell-whisky-to-great-grandmother/
    markp27 said:

markp27 said:

Not in the UK anymore. Grannies get stopped buying alcohol over here and asked for ID :D
    Im 36, but apparently i look so young people ask me for ID anyway O.o
    Laindesh said:

markp27 said:

markp27 said:

I'm 36, but apparently i look so young people ask me for ID anyway O.o
    You clearly a Vampire, would we see a character who looks similar to you in Bloodlines 2? :)

• Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    edited July 27
    Dragantis said:

That's more of an argument against age restrictions and censorship as a whole, but that's not the point of this thread.
    markp27 said:

https://www.countryliving.com/life/news/a41518/shop-staff-refuse-to-sell-whisky-to-great-grandmother/

The same goes for the US an Canada. In Japan and China, most shops will sell cigarettes and alcohol to 5 year olds because they just think that the kid is on an errand buying those for his father. The drinking age in Japan is 20 years old but for some reason this is rarely enforced and law enforcement in Japan tends to turn a blind eye to this. :D
    Tayvar said:

Laindesh said:

markp27 said:

markp27 said:

You clearly a Vampire, would we see a character who looks similar to you in Bloodlines 2? :)

haha, maybe we will. Look for a half bald dude with a beer belly and you got me XD

Dragantis said:

That's more of an argument against age restrictions and censorship as a whole, but that's not the point of this thread.
    markp27 said:

The same goes for the US an Canada. In Japan and China, most shops will sell cigarettes and alcohol to 5 year olds because they just think that the kid is on an errand buying those for his father. The drinking age in Japan is 20 years old but for some reason this is rarely enforced and law enforcement in Japan tends to turn a blind eye to this. :D
    Worst part is that CA is a British company so should be following PEGI classification.
    Laindesh said:

Tayvar said:

Laindesh said:

markp27 said:

markp27 said:

haha, maybe we will. Look for a half bald dude with a beer belly and you got me XD
    It sure sounds a description of a young looking dude, almost like Keanu Reeves the Immortal. :)
    Tayvar said:

Laindesh said:

Tayvar said:

Laindesh said:

markp27 said:

markp27 said:

It sure sounds a description of a young looking dude, almost like Keanu Reeves the Immortal. :)
    Lmao, good one :D I wish i had his aestetics ;)
  • GelstonGelston Senior Member Posts: 1,583Registered Users
    This is CA's forum. It will be whatever they want it to be, or more importantly, what Sega wants it to be. There are FB groups and other social media where you can say whatever you want. I don't think TWCenter is as restricted either. This us an official forum for a subsidiary of a massive gaming company, they are almost always like this.
  • nodulousnodulous Senior Member Posts: 916Registered Users
    No. Parents should educate their kids to know what they are seeing and hearing. This forum seems mainly populated by reasonable, good humoured fans. Any that aren't are soon beaten to death by the mods. Would you really want to deny under 16's the chance to join the in depth discussions on CA marketing strategy and game design that appear on here at regular intervals. If any videos posted on here turn angelic 5yr olds into psychotic sociopaths then so be it. Equal opportunities for all and all that.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,071Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Moved to Total War General Chat as it is not game specific.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,045Registered Users
    Let's do it one further and make the forums 25+.