Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Skaven Great Clans-Speculation and Roster

xBlood_RavenxBlood_Raven Posts: 241Registered Users
I see the Skaven as quite likely to be involved in one of the next Lord packs (specifically Clan Moulder) and so made a compilation of the units that each of the four Skaven Great Clans have. There is also a bonus listing units that don't fit into either of the four.

https://old.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/cjdtpx/skaven_great_clansspeculation_and_roster/

Tell me what units you would give the Skaven in a Lord pack or anything related to a Lord pack (High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, etc).

Comments

• DraculasaurusDraculasaurus Posts: 2,613Registered Users

I see the Skaven as quite likely to be involved in one of the next Lord packs (specifically Clan Moulder) and so made a compilation of the units that each of the four Skaven Great Clans have. There is also a bonus listing units that don't fit into either of the four.

https://old.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/cjdtpx/skaven_great_clansspeculation_and_roster/

Tell me what units you would give the Skaven in a Lord pack or anything related to a Lord pack (High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, etc).

My personal picks for Clan Moulder are Wolf Rats, either Augmented Rat Ogres or Stormfiends, and Brood Horrors. Packmasters as a new hero.

For High Elves I would say Eltharion, with Archmages as a new generic Lord, Mistwalkers of Yvresse, Sea Helms (demoted to a unit) and either Merwyrms or Skycutters.

Lizardmen I would pick Gor-Rok and Nakai (as a LH), with Troglodons, Kroxigor Ancients (unit champion on the TT, I'm thinking as a more defensive variant), and Razordons.

Dark Elves I don't care about.
  • _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 882Registered Users
    Definitely Throt with a moulder dlc.
    Burrowing behemoth seems like my favorite moulder unit.

And snikch would be a perfect LH for all skaven factions.

And dont forget Thanquol as LL flc, hopefully combibed with G&F.
  • xBlood_RavenxBlood_Raven Posts: 241Registered Users

My personal picks for Clan Moulder are Wolf Rats, either Augmented Rat Ogres or Stormfiends, and Brood Horrors. Packmasters as a new hero.

For High Elves I would say Eltharion, with Archmages as a new generic Lord, Mistwalkers of Yvresse, Sea Helms (demoted to a unit) and either Merwyrms or Skycutters.

Lizardmen I would pick Gor-Rok and Nakai (as a LH), with Troglodons, Kroxigor Ancients (unit champion on the TT, I'm thinking as a more defensive variant), and Razordons.

Dark Elves I don't care about.
    Decent lists, my only changes are to the Packmasters as they are a standard unit. Master Mutators are the Lord variant and Master Moulders are the hero varient.
    _Mad_D0c_ said:

Definitely Throt with a moulder dlc.
    Burrowing behemoth seems like my favorite moulder unit.

And snikch would be a perfect LH for all skaven factions.

And dont forget Thanquol as LL flc, hopefully combibed with G&F.

If Thanquol arrives, it has to be with Gotrek and Felix. Hopefully the next flc is what I think it is.

I see Snikch as a LL to be honest as it would allow us to play Clan Eshin. We also have Master Assassins who are Lord options on the TT. He could be a LH but I prefer my option.
  • InsanityEmbracedInsanityEmbraced Posts: 93Registered Users

I see Snikch as a LL to be honest as it would allow us to play Clan Eshin. We also have Master Assassins who are Lord options on the TT. He could be a LH but I prefer my option.

Snikch is one of the few characters that literally have rules against them being leaders of an army, and for a good reason.

Like the predecessor said, he is perfect LH pick - good agent on the map, powerful ally on the battlefield - different than Kroak, possibly offering ability to actually properly assassinate (maybe not one-shot but close to that) enemy lords and heroes. Besides, the only other LH pick could be Skweel Gnawtooth and even he sounds like a better LL than Snikch.

I like those picks, a lot. I can imagine Packmaster being similar to TK's Necrotect, except buffing monstrous creations (Rat Ogres, etc.). Stormfiends would be cool as well, Brood Horrors might be overkill tho with Hell Pit Abo, but then again as smaller but faster variant still would find a niche. Wolf Rats would help as well (or Giant Rats maybe smaller, but more in number? to keep with the vermintide theme).

• angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 722Registered Users
    Hopefully we see Thanquol and Throt soon (especially Thanquol) they have been the characters I wanted the most since the release of WH2
    Soon
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Posts: 408Registered Users
    Skaven
    -Throt the Unclean
    -Master Mutator
    -Ghoritch (legendary Rat Ogre hero)
    -Master Moulder
    -Wolf Rats
    -Mutated Rat Ogres
    -Augmented Rat Ogres
    -Armored Rat Ogres
    -Flayerkin

High Elves
    -Eltharion the Grim
    -Annoted of Asuryan
    -Archmages
    -Caradryan (Legendary hero)
    -Dragon Mage
    -White Lion Chariot
    -Lothern Skycutter

Lizardmen
    -Tetto'eko
    -Gor-Rok (either as lord or hero)
    -Razordon Hunting Pack
    -Troglodon
    -Red Crested Skink w/ hand weapons and shields
    -Coatl
    -Dread Saurian
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 722Registered Users

Skaven
    -Throt the Unclean
    -Master Mutator
    -Master Moulder
    -Wolf Rats
    -Mutated Rat Ogres
    -Augmented Rat Ogres
    -Armored Rat Ogres
    -Flayerkin

High Elves
    -Eltharion the Grim
    -Annoted of Asuryan
    -Archmages
    -Dragon Mage
    -White Lion Chariot
    -Lothern Skycutter

Lizardmen
    -Tetto'eko
    -Razordon Hunting Pack
    -Troglodon
    -Coatl
    -Dread Saurian

Pretty good but what is the Annoted of Asuryan? never heard of it
    Soon

I like those picks, a lot. I can imagine Packmaster being similar to TK's Necrotect, except buffing monstrous creations (Rat Ogres, etc.). Stormfiends would be cool as well, Brood Horrors might be overkill tho with Hell Pit Abo, but then again as smaller but faster variant still would find a niche. Wolf Rats would help as well (or Giant Rats maybe smaller, but more in number? to keep with the vermintide theme).
    Hell-Pit Abomination is anti-large, so I was picturing the Brood Horror more as a smaller anti-infantry monster. Maybe three to a unit, with very disruptive thrashing animations kind of like a Tomb Scorpion, and its special ability from the table top where units explode in a shower of stomach acid on death.
  • bobmix27bobmix27 Posts: 36Registered Users
    Verminlords. Period.

Snikch is one of the few characters that literally have rules against them being leaders of an army, and for a good reason.

Like the predecessor said, he is perfect LH pick - good agent on the map, powerful ally on the battlefield - different than Kroak, possibly offering ability to actually properly assassinate (maybe not one-shot but close to that) enemy lords and heroes. Besides, the only other LH pick could be Skweel Gnawtooth and even he sounds like a better LL than Snikch.

I know that but that is one I have to disagree with. Master Assassins were a Lord option on the TT for the Skaven. Considering that Snikch is the Master Assassin, it makes sense to have him as a LL leading Clan Eshin. We have had characters like Isabella and Lokhir become LLs in the past.

If Clan Moulder became a full pack, I could see Skweel being a LL. His only problem is Throt taking most of the spotlight off him.

Skaven
    -Throt the Unclean
    -Master Mutator
    -Master Moulder
    -Wolf Rats
    -Mutated Rat Ogres
    -Augmented Rat Ogres
    -Armored Rat Ogres
    -Flayerkin

High Elves
    -Eltharion the Grim
    -Annoted of Asuryan
    -Archmages
    -Dragon Mage
    -White Lion Chariot
    -Lothern Skycutter

Lizardmen
    -Tetto'eko
    -Razordon Hunting Pack
    -Troglodon
    -Coatl
    -Dread Saurian

They are the leaders of the Phoenix Guard. Could be mounted on either a Flamespyre Phoenix or a Frostheart Phoenix. Caradryan was their overall leader (strangely, Caradryan was a hero option while an Anointed of Asuryan was a Lord option).
    bobmix27 said:

Verminlords. Period.

Definitely, Verminlords are the Skaven's only Lord option left, they have to make it in.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,353Registered Users
    edited July 30

Definitely, Verminlords are the Skaven's only Lord option left, they have to make it in.

Verminlords couldn't lead armies on the TT and the real missing lord option is the Master Moulder which is way too fitting to come with a Moulder LP.

Verminlords can wait until WH3.

Verminlords couldn't lead armies on the TT and the real missing lord option is the Master Moulder which is way too fitting to come with a Moulder LP.

I suspect that we're more likely to get a new hero for the Skaven this time around, and vice versa for the High Elves.
  • bobmix27bobmix27 Posts: 36Registered Users

Why? and most important, how? If the next DLC is Skaven versus whatever IMO it will be the last DLC for skaven (because the roster will be almost complete), and Wh3 DLCs will be for the factions the wh3 will bring.

Maybe in a FLC in Wh3 is possible, but....
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,876Registered Users

Skaven
    -Throt the Unclean
    -Master Mutator
    -Master Moulder
    -Wolf Rats
    -Mutated Rat Ogres
    -Augmented Rat Ogres
    -Armored Rat Ogres
    -Flayerkin

High Elves
    -Eltharion the Grim
    -Annoted of Asuryan
    -Archmages
    -Dragon Mage
    -White Lion Chariot
    -Lothern Skycutter

Lizardmen
    -Tetto'eko
    -Razordon Hunting Pack
    -Troglodon
    -Coatl
    -Dread Saurian

Anointed of Asuryan are hero grade Phoenix Guard characters. They can ride phoenixes into battle, Caradryan is the named equivalent.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,876Registered Users

Hell-Pit Abomination is anti-large, so I was picturing the Brood Horror more as a smaller anti-infantry monster. Maybe three to a unit, with very disruptive thrashing animations kind of like a Tomb Scorpion, and its special ability from the table top where units explode in a shower of stomach acid on death.
    I alway pictured them as roughly similar in size to Varghulfs.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer

It's T. rex, not T-Rex, you filthy casuals.
    edited July 30
    Wyvax said:

I alway pictured them as roughly similar in size to Varghulfs.
    They're very low to the ground and stretched out, though. Their profile would probably be closer to an Ancient Salamander. Anyway, one Anti Large monster and one Anti Infantry monster makes sense for the Skaven to me. Maybe even mix in some elements from the Burrowing Behemoth and give it a burrowing charge attack, kind of like the Tomb Scorpion. Just a big slippery rat to thrash around in the enemy infantry blob.

I could wait for a Verminlord, as long as it is done through a Rite like Slann Mage Priests are. Also to say, the Master Moulder is the Hero option, the Master Mutator is the one you are thinking of.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 912Registered Users
    Troll Pack, Aberration, Burrowing Behemoth, Chimaerat, Giant Rats, Wolf Rats, Stormfiends, Brood horror.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,353Registered Users

I could wait for a Verminlord, as long as it is done through a Rite like Slann Mage Priests are. Also to say, the Master Moulder is the Hero option, the Master Mutator is the one you are thinking of.
    If they bring the Moulder package I'd make the Master Moulder a lord option and the Packmaster a hero option, since this game doesn't have packmasters accompanying any of the monsters. I never heard of a Master Mutator as a distinct unit, not even in AoS. Isn't that one of Throt's titles?

If they bring the Moulder package I'd make the Master Moulder a lord option and the Packmaster a hero option, since this game doesn't have packmasters accompanying any of the monsters. I never heard of a Master Mutator as a distinct unit, not even in AoS. Isn't that one of Throt's titles?
    No, the Master Mutator is the Lord option with Master Moulder as the hero option. Here is the Hell Pit army list where you can see it on the fourth page. Throt is one of the Master Mutators but there are others as Lord options.

https://img.fireden.net/tg/image/1515/46/1515469050473.pdf

I hope to see the Packmasters being made into a support unit to be honest.