Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The five kinds of TW players

CK2BenchmarkCK2Benchmark Posts: 202Registered Users
Shill: Everything CA does is great, even when it's not.

Naive optimist: It's gotta be a new unique faction like Brettonia.

Optimist: At least we'll get a new warlord.

Realist: I don't expect anything.

Cynic: Dynasty Mode

Comments

• kenjigreatkenjigreat Posts: 490Registered Users
    I'm a cynic but even I thought Dynasty Mode was going to be something slightly better than what we have now.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 980Registered Users
    You forgot the one that hates everything CA does, the kind that complains about DLCs being too expensive and eight princes being too cheap in the same post.
  • CK2BenchmarkCK2Benchmark Posts: 202Registered Users

I'm a cynic but even I thought Dynasty Mode was going to be something slightly better than what we have now.

You thought you were a cynic, but you weren't cynical enough. Abandon all hope and join the big boys.
  • markp27markp27 Posts: 1,297Registered Users
    Is a realist I think :D
    It's why I did not answer the earlier thread asking what FLC we think we will get :D

I will probably quit the game in a week or so unless CA do perform a miracle.I did the same with other CA games like Shogun 2 when I got bored of it. Cannot even remember last time I played that. Will go see what downloads are available for other games ;)
    markp27 said:

It's why I did not answer the earlier thread asking what FLC we think we will get :D

I will probably quit the game in a week or so unless CA do perform a miracle.I did the same with other CA games like Shogun 2 when I got bored of it. Cannot even remember last time I played that. Will go see what downloads are available for other games ;)

I was even planning on getting a new computer to play 3K on highest settings but I'm seriously reconsidering it right now. Might just get a PS4 or Switch so I can play Fire Emblem and Spider-man.
    edited August 1

markp27 said:

I was even planning on getting a new computer to play 3K on highest settings but I'm seriously reconsidering it right now. Might just get a PS4 or Switch so I can play Fire Emblem and Spider-man.
    I am saving for PS5 at the moment, with all the extra's, just got a new gaming PC so good time to test it on other games. Plus FF7 remake is out March next year.
  • kenjigreatkenjigreat Posts: 490Registered Users

markp27 said:

I have more faith in modders than CA.
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 1,507Registered Users
    @markp27 did the same yesterday, finished all campaigns in 3k I was interested in. Just started a new Samnites campaign in Rise of the Republic and bought Rage 2 in a sale 😂
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    I'd call myself a realist although the shills will probably label me as a hater.
  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 780Registered Users
    I want something interesting and well done to throw my money at.
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Posts: 1,353Registered Users
    You forgot the "Emo Whiner" that just can't stop complaining about everything that happen or doesn't happen just because they can and they have nothing better to do, clearly.

And before somebody get it wrong : I'm not aiming this at anyone, it's just a well known fact that some people are just never happy with how things goes in life. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,140Registered Users
    What about:

-The fan who understands the video games world better than Sega and CA's marketing team due to their extensive experience of looking at forums and listening to Youtubers. If only CA would listen to this genius they'd have 0 issues.

-The fan who is a business expert due to his many Google searches of management/business styles that they feel will, again, solve CA's issues.

-The fan who thinks he is part of a Total War hivemind and so can talk for every single TW player.

-The excitable fan who uses words like - disgrace, disgusting, hell.. etc. when describing his experience of playing games that isn't specifically catered for his personal needs.

There are so many..
    Rewan said:

And before somebody get it wrong : I'm not aiming this at anyone, it's just a well known fact that some people are just never happy with how things goes in life. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Liar, you know you were aiming at me :D
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Posts: 1,353Registered Users
    Not aiming this at anyone I said. :wink:
    edited August 1

What about:

-The fan who understands the video games world better than Sega and CA's marketing team due to their extensive experience of looking at forums and listening to Youtubers. If only CA would listen to this genius they'd have 0 issues.

Well Sega is an odd one to choose for marketing teams, as they seriously lost out to Sony and Nintendo over games consoles. They have made many bad business decisions over the past 20 years and they are better off now as a third party company backing successful developers.

P.S. I have 40 years of gaming experience starting on an Atari 800. I would be curious to know how many of CA team have more years in experience?
    markp27 said:

What about:

Well Sega is an odd one to choose for marketing teams, as they seriously lost out to Sony and Nintendo over games consoles. They have made many bad business decisions over the past 20 years and they are better off now as a third party company backing successful developers.
    So truly, if only they'd listened to some of the quality advice on these forums?

Seriously though.. lost on consoles gained on games, especially packaged games. Both Nintendo and Sony have had drops at some point.

markp27 said:

What about:

So truly, if only they'd listened to some of the quality advice on these forums?

Seriously though.. lost on consoles gained on games, especially packaged games. Both Nintendo and Sony have had drops at some point.
    All I would truly like is for someone from CA to come on daily and reply to announcement feedback. Could be just one post covering everything. It would just be nice to know they are listening.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,727Registered Users
    markp27 said:

What about:

P.S. I have 40 years of gaming experience starting on an Atari 800. I would be curious to know how many of CA team have more years in experience?
    You could have started gaming with Spacewar in 1961 and it would still matter little by itself. Playing games doesn't require you to know anything about making and selling games.

edited August 1

markp27 said:

What about:

You could have started gaming with Spacewar in 1961 and it would still matter little by itself. Playing games doesn't require you to know anything about making and selling games.
    Nor does being a gaming company mean you know how to sell and make games, as most gaming companies have had flops. Arrogance was the reason Sega failed with it's consoles as they did not listen.

It's usually a mixture of playing games and crunching the numbers. CA react to what's popular through Steam based apps that track what players do. They also have a range of information that we can't see.

tbf I've watched football all my life, yet I still can't get a job with the Premier League.. sigh.

It's usually a mixture of playing games and crunching the numbers. CA react to what's popular through Steam based apps that track what players do. They also have a range of information that we can't see.

tbf I've watched football all my life, yet I still can't get a job with the Premier League.. sigh.

Come to Norwich, I was asked if I wanted to be a steward for them :D
    edited August 1
    markp27 said:

markp27 said:

What about:

Nor does being a gaming company mean you know how to sell and make games, as most gaming companies have had flops.
    Actually, considering their livelihood is quite dependent on knowing about those things, they probably know on average more about that than the average gamer who more often than not just consumes an end product.

I would also like to mention that CA is 32 years old as a company and if they had no clue about making games they wouldn't have gotten that old.

markp27 said:

markp27 said:

What about:

Nor does being a gaming company mean you know how to sell and make games, as most gaming companies have had flops.
    Actually, considering their livelihood is quite dependent on knowing about those things, they probably know on average more about that than the average gamer who more often than not just consumes an end product.

I would also like to mention that CA is 32 years old as a company and if they had no clue about making games they wouldn't have gotten that old.
    Square Enix is older and has had flops.
    markp27 said:

markp27 said:

markp27 said:

What about:

They still probably know more about making and selling games than you.

Or do you think you could create your own videogame company on the sole basis that you started playing since the 80s?

I repeat, playing games doesn't require you to know anything about how to make or sell games, so having played for a long time means zilch by itself.

markp27 said:

markp27 said:

markp27 said:

What about:

They still probably know more about making and selling games than you.

Or do you think you could create your own videogame company on the sole basis that you started playing since the 80s?

I repeat, playing games doesn't require you to know anything about how to make or sell games, so having played for a long time means zilch by itself.
    I actually sold my own game when I was 10 years old locally. Went into engineering instead though as a career choice, as more stability in that at the time.
    It doesn’t matter how old a game developer is and how much experience it has if they employers are bad.
    Just compare the quality of 3k with other historical titles, especially Rome 2. (I know the launch was horrible but that’s not my point)

Faction Diversity and unit design in 3k are terrible. Honestly I love the game but all these militia clones look just bad compared to Rome 2 units, so that was definitely a big step backwards.
    Every faction plays the same because we simply have only one boring unit roster for everybody.

The rise of the republic DLC costs 17€ and has more unit diversity than 3k. The units are thousand times better designed then all these bland 3k minions. Just look at the heavy Etruscan Hoplite unit and then compare it with a unit of Ji infantry.... every soldier inside a unit looks exactly the same, even special units like Xiliang Cava have no variety.
    I spent hours with just looking at the beautiful designed units in Rome 2 but in 3k... every unit looks horrible and bland.

Everybody complained about the bad unit design and missing variety in ToB, but in 3k it is even worse. It seems that CA is setting the standard lower and lower with every game.

Furthermore is CAs marketing worse then ever before, they just killed warhammer 2 with a bad DLC schedule and now it seems that they do the same with 3k.
    Even the ethnic units like the Qiang and Xiongnu barely differ from the regular units.

The only good looking units in 3k are the YT units because CA Sofia did them. I wish CA would just let them design all their units...
    ArneSo said:

The only good looking units in 3k are the YT units because CA Sofia did them. I wish CA would just let them design all their units...

The YT units are actually really top notch. One of the better faction packs in TW overall imo.
    YT units are just on another level. That should be the new standard for unit designs in total war. All DLCs created by CA Sofia are superior to the other DLCs in my opinion. RotR and Desert Kingdoms are the best DLCs for Rome 2 in my opinion.