Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Bizarre, and annoying, crash to desktop

RedCenturionGRedCenturionG Posts: 2Registered Users
I've had this problem for a few days now. It's getting on my nerves, but I'm not willing to give up on my campaign just yet, so here I am.

Been a casual Total War fan for a while, and I'm just now deciding to start getting into them all, and getting good at them. Being OCD like I am, I've started with Shogun: Total War, and I'm doing pretty good. My Shimazu campaign is on easy, and I'm blitzing across the map. I've captured the Emperor's capital, and I'm currently invading Clan Oda territory. Unfortunately, this is where things went awry.

Three of my armies across the map are retraining troops in the provinces they are in. I'm raking in a steady cash flow and I'm building a spear dojo so I can train some fresh troops if I need them, and a sword dojo to the southwest. All's going well...then I end the turn. I get a building message from the Ise province saying my superior farmland is complete. I go to press 'ok'...and the game freezes, then crashes straight to desktop.

My question is: what the hell is the problem? I've tried everything I can think of. Verifying the files I tried first, but the crash only happens again, and then the same 3 files that I verified before pop up needing verifying again. I've added both the game and Steam to the exceptions list in my AVG: still nothing. I've tried a clean reinstall, and that didn't work either. I downloaded a patch, and that did nothing. I'm all out of options.

I don't want to give up this campaign. I've put quite a bit of time into it, and I don't want to have to forfeit it unless I've got no choice or its the save file that's causing the problem.

I know this is an old game, and its very unlikely anyone will help, but if you do...I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Comments

• lilsweetcaligulalilsweetcaligula Posts: 284Registered Users
    Woah, it's been a month now since you posted the report. Have you managed to resolve the problem? The original Shogun and Medieval are notoriously unstable on the newer versions of Windows, especially the Steam version, or at least that's what I heard.
    My personal favorite Total War games chart:
    I. Attila
    II. Rome II
    III. Napoleon