Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A collectible card game, really?

ItharusItharus Senior MemberPosts: 7,045Registered Users
Total War: Elysium.

https://wccftech.com/total-war-new-title-china-expansion/

Come on, CA... what the hell.

If you guys are going to give up the ghost of complex historical 4X games -- just be honest with us so we can all move on.

Comments

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,140Registered Users
    I think it's just an extra because this type of game is popular in China. It won't be released here until it's play tested in China.

Personally I'm not interested in games like this or the free mobile games. The main thing that will make me mildly annoyed is 'surprise mechanics' in a main TW game.
  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 780Registered Users
    Yes really, Chinese people loves f2p trash, well, every country has lots of people who likes f2p trash, China just have the most of everything.

Looking on the bright side, it might even be good.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Posts: 7,045Registered Users
    Very, very, very few collectible card games are good - it's the collectible part. It inherently screws things, that whole refreshing of cards every season. Oldschool magic where things kept getting added and remaining in play forever was the way to go.

As for total war going card game, that's just a lame premise regardless of the mechanics -- and a sign of bad, cheap, ez-play things to come for the entire genre :( Check out any Korean MMO for good examples of bad gameplay. All these shenanigans are exactly what I feared happening after Three Kingdoms (which got boring FAST).