Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedGraphics shimmering

BBBenjaminBBBenjamin Posts: 4Registered Users
edited August 4 in Performance & Graphics
As with many other posts, which haven't been solved yet:

Issue:

Massive flickering on the campaign map, which makes the game unplayable.

I tired to check with different graphics settings whether the shimmering and blackened background is caused by the high settings, but that's not the case.

Post edited by BillyRuffian on
Tagged:

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,946Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Try updating your graphics driver to the current one using a custom clean install directly from the Nvidia site.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • BBBenjaminBBBenjamin Posts: 4Registered Users
    Thank you it works now!
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,946Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited August 4
    That's good to hear. I'll mark the matter Solved.

Were you not getting the message in your launcher that your drivers may have been out of date?

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Posts: 3,267Registered Users

Were you not getting the message in your launcher that your drivers may have been out of date?

I believe the message is always there regardless of whether driver is outdated or not, unlike the way is was previously. So people tend to ignore that.
  • CA_VixCA_Vix Posts: 211Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    LestaT said:

I believe the message is always there regardless of whether driver is outdated or not, unlike the way is was previously. So people tend to ignore that.
    Hi there,

Just to add in, the check appears only as a visual reminder that you should check your graphics drivers before launching the game, regardless if you're up to date or not.

Apologies for the misunderstanding!

All the best,

Vix