Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Suggestions to whole 3K (not only its EIGHT PRINCES DLC)

Souls_WithinSouls_Within Posts: 5Registered Users
EIGHT PRINCES
1. It is embarrassing that inside new DLC, most new generals have high-value armors, which finally lead to the gameplay that: I hire a new general and get his/her armor, sell it to other factions for a huge amount of money. (Yes, this is nearly like a bug)
2. It gives me no motivation to play in new DLC giving the fact that only 8 unique characters exist in this same land. I was keeping questioning myself: why am I playing this DLC rather than the original 3K campaign?
3. There is no distinct new game mechanism in the new DLC.

Question:
If it is the exact historical period that CA wants to show me (or all players) through this DLC, then it failed: I did not have the feeling of being embraced by that period of time after whole night gameplay.

If it is a new game mechanism that CA wants to show me through this DLC, I however still not able to feel any new notable mechanism in this DLC.

THREE KINGDOMS WHOLE GAME

One fact the official may have not realized is that: people(at least I and my other friends) are crazy about this new serial because we are able to collect unique heroes of 3K inside a TOTAL-WAR game mechanism.

I know, I know, total war serials for a long time attract so many players due to your unique battle mechanism. And yes, it is unique, interesting, and irreplaceable.
But moving this title to a new level, you guys really have to admit a fact that: it is this perfect historical period (I'm talking about 3K, not eight princes) and these unique characters/heroes that help this new serial reach a glory success.

So yes, in my opinion, [game mechanism] to [irreplaceable historical period], 50% to 50%.

But now, what I am seeing CA you trying to do is: abandon that [irreplaceable historical period] and only hold the remaining 50%
advantages in your hand.

So please, I am just a player, CA, please get back to the correct way: improve the existing game mechanism, making better use of existing great historical background.

I'm sorry if this article just... show you guys so many negative feedback, and... maybe also a super negative attitude.
It just I was really sad that this game is NOT becoming better and better, while so many of you guys are doing your best trying to make it better.

Comments

• yukishiro1yukishiro1 Member Posts: 440Registered Users
    It's pretty clear the new campaign and "setting" was thrown together in a couple weeks on a shoestring budget. People complained that the original game doesn't have enough unique characters or make enough use of them...well this is just a joke compared to the main game in terms of unique characters and flavor. There's no sense at all of an identity for the time period at all.

It just emphasizes what a terrible decision it was to make the first DLC a new campaign instead of using it to flesh out the main game. So now we've ended up with an even *more* barebones experience...the exact opposite of what people were calling for.
  • CK2BenchmarkCK2Benchmark Posts: 202Registered Users
    CA thought Three Kingdoms was interchangeable with any other Chinese period because they didn't understand their own product. TW3K is only good with the 3K in it. Nobody cares about these Sima kids, especially when they can't even interact with the 40 something other unique characters we've already come to know and care about.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,584Registered Users

CA thought Three Kingdoms was interchangeable with any other Chinese period because they didn't understand their own product. TW3K is only good with the 3K in it. Nobody cares about these Sima kids, especially when they can't even interact with the 40 something other unique characters we've already come to know and care about.

How I wish their Guanxi also have unique skins. Hope they get updated in future.
  • KirkwaldKirkwald Posts: 94Registered Users

especially when they can't even interact with the 40 something other unique characters we've already come to know and care about.

To be fair, this was already a problem with an even more limited cast in CA's previous character centered game, WH2.

For example, Tyrion doesn't even recognize his brother Teclis in the diplomacy screen. Malekith doesn't know his own mother. Tyrion will mumble about something offending the Everqueen WHILE talking to Alarielle the Everqueen herself.
    If they couldn't fix that in WH2, I doubt they could for such a large cast as Total War 3 Kingdoms.
    This is why imo, the supposed character interaction and focus in this still feels kinda shallow.
    Hopefully they can record more lines in the future (last year's demo had Sun Ren having some playful banter with Sun Quan when they are in the same army but got removed in the final version for some reason) but I'm not holding my breath.

• toskyruntoskyrun Junior Member Posts: 84Registered Users
    as I said in another post, this dlc would have been better to get it out at the end of the game's life, not at the beginning, certainly after having implemented the main campaign, which is incomplete.

so they did nothing but lengthen the soup, losing value both to the main game and to this dlc.
    shame because the idea was good. :|
  • CK2BenchmarkCK2Benchmark Posts: 202Registered Users
    edited August 9
    Kirkwald said:

especially when they can't even interact with the 40 something other unique characters we've already come to know and care about.

To be fair, this was already a problem with an even more limited cast in CA's previous character centered game, WH2.

For example, Tyrion doesn't even recognize his brother Teclis in the diplomacy screen. Malekith doesn't know his own mother. Tyrion will mumble about something offending the Everqueen WHILE talking to Alarielle the Everqueen herself.
    If they couldn't fix that in WH2, I doubt they could for such a large cast as Total War 3 Kingdoms.
    This is why imo, the supposed character interaction and focus in this still feels kinda shallow.
    Hopefully they can record more lines in the future (last year's demo had Sun Ren having some playful banter with Sun Quan when they are in the same army but got removed in the final version for some reason) but I'm not holding my breath.

But Eight Princes doesn't even do that much, because they literally cannot interact with each other at all. There are no interactions. They exist in different separate campaigns. So even if they improved character interactions in some hypothetical future, Eight princes is still a worthless DLC in terms of additional characters unless you're especially interested in the War of the Eight Princes.
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Posts: 1,465Registered Users
    edited August 10
    Quote removed.
    =

Zhong Hui and Co. are actually from the three kingdoms period so it makes sense for them to be included in a three kingdoms game, while the war of the 8 princes isn't even set during the three kingdoms period. If I buy a world war 2 game and see the developer posting that the "chapter packs" are going to be about WW2 campaigns I wouldn't expect a "chapter pack" from the Korean War because the game advertised itself as a WW2 game just as Three Kingdoms advertises itself as a three kingdoms game and even their blog posts said that its gonna be about characters from the three kingdoms period during different times in their life.
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • markp27markp27 Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    edited August 10
    Quote removed.

I am wondering who exactly has asked for late period of 3k chapter packs so far?

195 C.E. would bring Lu Bu to Xu province and add a few new characters.

200 C.E. would bring Liu Bei to Runan and add loads of new characters

207 C.E. would add new factions and charaters.
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • BreadboxBreadbox Posts: 780Registered Users
    Bruh, 194/195 is just about the only other in-period chapter that could be interesting to play. All other chapter has 3-7 factions total map wide.

Later period characters can be added without the addition of tacked on campaign.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Posts: 2,401Registered Users
    toskyrun said:

as I said in another post, this dlc would have been better to get it out at the end of the game's life, not at the beginning, certainly after having implemented the main campaign, which is incomplete.

so they did nothing but lengthen the soup, losing value both to the main game and to this dlc.
    shame because the idea was good. :|

Fully agree with this. And the disappointing thing is, the new alignments mechanic, the ability to become Emperor or Regent, and the new units, are all quite fun and would have been far better off as updates to the main game. Now that they're DLC-specific, it's unlikely that they'll be implemented in the 3K campaign.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,574Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Off topic side conversation, trolling and personal comment posts removed, along with a number quoting the same.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin