Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: Warhammer 3 Grand Cathay fan Concept #16: Black Sky (Missile infantry)

Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,044
Looking good as always.
Really hoping we are getting Cathay.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/coo9dp/total_war_warhammer_3_grand_cathay_fan_concept_16/

I wonder what we will see next.
"In brightest day, in blackest night,
No faction shall escape my sight.
Let those who think deniers are right
Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.

Comments

• InsanityEmbracedInsanityEmbraced Registered Users Posts: 93
    What I do not like about most of the Cathay concept units is their names - like this, "Black Sky" - as if they all were RoR. Cathayan Archers sounds both simpler and more in line with TWWH naming conventions.

Other than that, it looks quite nice.

• Federykx99Federykx99 Registered Users Posts: 562
    This is nice. Cathay needs low tier ramge inf like everyone else. Although maybe a non ap repeater crossbow unit would be also good as upgrade.

As for gunpowder, I dunno if it makes sense to have small guns for Cathay, maybe makes them too similar to Empire and Kislev.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,173
    That's the first I'm not really a fan of, it doesnt feel fantasy enough and a bit too close to reality. But you're doing a great work, keep going.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 7,900

This is nice. Cathay needs low tier ramge inf like everyone else. Although maybe a non ap repeater crossbow unit would be also good as upgrade.

As for gunpowder, I dunno if it makes sense to have small guns for Cathay, maybe makes them too similar to Empire and Kislev.

It's been established in the fluff that they do, although they might be even more primitive than the Empire's if they're development has stagnated for a long time.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 2,286
    Given the name, I was expecting a Chu-ko-nu kind of unit, but a fairly standard archer unit is good too. I honestly enjoy the rank and file guys.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 11,849
    HoneyBun said:

For me, the interesting thing about Cathay is Tzeentch.

I really hope his influence is hinted at, not too much but a bit, in some units/visuals.

Unless one Subfaction was going full Tzeentch Worship, similar to the Subfaction of Morathi.
    Tayvar said:

HoneyBun said:

For me, the interesting thing about Cathay is Tzeentch.

I really hope his influence is hinted at, not too much but a bit, in some units/visuals.

Unless one Subfaction was going full Tzeentch Worship, similar to the Subfaction of Morathi.
    That would be very likely if the Monkey King was ever added. He is a creature of tzeench or is at least covertly aligned with him.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 7,900
    Between the Monkey King and the Jade Vampires, there's plenty of scope for Arkhan-style Cathayan factions.
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,510
    Draxynnic said:

Between the Monkey King and the Jade Vampires, there's plenty of scope for Arkhan-style Cathayan factions.

Would love to see his vision for the Cathay vampires.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 5,173

Draxynnic said:

Pretty sure someone made the Jade Vampire.
    neodeinos said:

Draxynnic said:

Pretty sure someone made the Jade Vampire.
    Yes it's the other guy who even used to do 3d-like models. He hasn't created anything related in a long time though.