Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Standardizing Augment Auras

AerocrasticAerocrastic Posts: 394Registered Users
edited August 11 in Balancing Discussions
So, a couple of things have likely gone under the radar with the advent of sweeping changes to undead factions. Now that many of their tools are more or less in line with what you should expect from them there is a lot to be said, however Vampire Counts are lagging behind their sea salty brethren. Now, while neither of these factions are bad, they do say that seasoned players are usually better than other ones...

This is a proposition to make the Vampire Counts playstyle more dynamic and less reliant on "I take big monster and cycle charge you until your big monster dies, then I cycle charge infantry" or "Joke's on you, I have a mortis engine still so I win!"

Attrition playstyles are bolstered by healing and damage over time...but you know what else can do it? Pssst. Buffs and debuffs

Augmenting Auras such as Archaon's Crown of Domination and the Grail Relique's Icon of Devotion are activated at 55m making them pretty useful tools for supporting a front line without being too endangered. Now, for vampire counts this is of course a little bit different since their units are all functionally unbreakable meaning that penetrating a formation can be difficult, however I think this would be a step in making augment auras more useful.

Malagor the Dark Omen- Icons of Villification increased range from 40m to 55m
Corpse Cart- all auras increased from 40m to 55m

-things that shouldn't have the aura size increased
anything that causes HP drain or deals damage

Comments

• Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 7,892Registered Users
    Yep I agree, you could also add max unit affected if they become too good at big range, but this should allow you to stay spread out not blobed up to get the benefit.

This should be for many auras in the game, such as call of woods and +reload auras also.
  • Disposable HeroDisposable Hero Posts: 3,774Registered Users
    Fully agree to both posts.
  • another505another505 Posts: 1,080Registered Users
    edited August 11

Yep I agree, you could also add max unit affected if they become too good at big range, but this should allow you to stay spread out not blobed up to get the benefit.

This should be for many auras in the game, such as call of woods and +reload auras also.

That would be the best actually
    Maybe 5 units

Just another aura that is very useless
    Spirit of the tempest
    Benediction
  • Wyvern2Wyvern2 Posts: 1,363Registered Users
    Agreeing with most of the above posts, definitely could help spice gameplay up a bit. Maybe also give ghorsts cart a different aura name so it can stack with normal carts.

Maybe 5 units

Spirit of the tempest
    Benediction
    Benediction is +8ld, which is stupid good for empire cav mobs, since empire cav has shoddy ld. More range would help make it a versatile buff, but calling it useless is very inaccurate.
    Regularly publish Total War: Warhammer 2 content on my YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPI93p-X2T4YKD18O16bhPw
  • another505another505 Posts: 1,080Registered Users
    edited August 11
    Wyvern2 said:

Agreeing with most of the above posts, definitely could help spice gameplay up a bit. Maybe also give ghorsts cart a different aura name so it can stack with normal carts.

Maybe 5 units

Spirit of the tempest
    Benediction
    Benediction is +8ld, which is stupid good for empire cav mobs, since empire cav has shoddy ld. More range would help make it a versatile buff, but calling it useless is very inaccurate.
    I find it useless cause with the other buffs the warrior priest would bring make an engagement fast and decisive

I just dont find it worth the cost when the other buffs are way better

Perhaps i am hyperbolic about it
    Post edited by another505 on
  • WitchbladeWitchblade Posts: 355Registered Users
    What exactly are you proposing? I'm assume you don't want all auras to become 55 m in the VC roster. Helm of discord, anyone?
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Posts: 7,892Registered Users

What exactly are you proposing? I'm assume you don't want all auras to become 55 m in the VC roster. Helm of discord, anyone?

Helm of discord is NOT an aura.
  • Elder_MolochElder_Moloch Posts: 1,793Registered Users
    @Aerocrastic

If we talk only about Counts abilities/spells - could be alternative to some degree, which would return part of power+flavor, which were lost due to changes to IoN/summons.

Meanwhile, I would still prefer to get some IoN/RD powers and flavor elements back instead or at least get alternative treatment for these tools and some buffs/debuffs tools being improved regardless, but more in manner of giving more fitting and useful elements, rather exclusively increasing AoE for Vampire Counts abilities.

Btw, should it be a thing for all buff/debuff abilities/items/spells (apart from healing/damage dealing tools)?
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________