Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Next four races for tw3

overtaker40overtaker40 Registered Users Posts: 52
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
Based on news that has trickled out over the past few years, previous patterns and common sense, i think we can predict the races for tww3

1:Chaos demons
-most likely faction
2:Chaos dwarves
-also quite likely and unique enough from demons to constitute the 2 "bad" race
3:Cathay
-The largest non booked race and could fit the map if it goes east and would allow for them to flex their creative mussels. So many possibilities and i mean they just did 3 kingdoms.
4: this i think will be a surprise, possibly human realms or some obscure race from the lore that leans towards order. Or entirely original.

First dlc will be ogre kingdoms unless they try to lean into the neutral context and they are the 4th starting race.

I also think its highly likely that 3 will eventually get all the races that people talk about like kislev and araby, even obscure ones like the amazons. because this game is pulling in players and as long as they are making money they will make dlc.

Chaos warriors, empire and wood elves are going to get some form of overhaul as well, just be patient.

I also reckon we will get 10+ lord packs over the next 5 years or so.

Obviously they have to be careful not to **** off the purists, but i believe this game could really grow. future "offical" lore from gw wont happen, lets be honest warhammer fantasy is the past for them, as long as ca keeps it true to the series i have no problem with them expanding it.

Comments

• neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 3,330
    edited August 2019

Based on news that has trickled out over the past few years, previous patterns and common sense, i think we can predict the races for tww3

-most likely faction
    3:Cathay Kislev
    -The largest non booked race and could fit the map if it goes east and would allow for them to flex their creative mussels. So many possibilities and i mean they just did 3 kingdoms.
    4: this i think will be a surprise, possibly human realms or some obscure race from the lore that leans towards order. Or entirely original.

First dlc will be ogre kingdoms unless they try to lean into the neutral context and they are the 4th starting race.

I also think its highly likely that 3 will eventually get all the races that people talk about like kislev and araby, even obscure ones like the amazons. because this game is pulling in players and as long as they are making money they will make dlc.

Chaos warriors, empire and wood elves are going to get some form of overhaul as well, just be patient.

Obviously they have to be careful not to **** off the purists, but i believe this game could really grow. future "offical" lore from gw wont happen, lets be honest warhammer fantasy is the past for them, as long as ca keeps it true to the series i have no problem with them expanding it.

Now that's more realistic. I could see the minor factions they've missed added once they're over with the main DLCs but it is very unlikely imo.
  • rafantomasrafantomas Registered Users Posts: 649
    I think ogres will be a starting race.
  • overtaker40overtaker40 Registered Users Posts: 52
    I didnt include kislev as a starter race just because they are already on the old world map so i think that would just be to logistically confusing to begin with.

Should have been more specific though. Do you think they will be a starting faction?

Why do you think its unlikely?
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 3,330

I didnt include kislev as a starter race just because they are already on the old world map so i think that would just be to logistically confusing to begin with.

Should have been more specific though. Do you think they will be a starting faction?

Why do you think its unlikely?

I think Kislev has a pretty good chance to be a starting faction indeed. They would really be a perfect fit, they fight the Chaos a lot so it fits well the theme of a Chaos centered game.

And as why I think minor factions are unlikely it's simply because they don't have any units (or it's just a name of a unit somewhere in a footnote), they have very little lore so it's enough to say they are really unlikely imo. Same goes for Cathay, yes they did 3K, yes it was successful but I really think it means nothing for Cathay.

The only minor faction I could see happening is Araby but its best chance to appear is as the preorder DLC for WH3. Another minor faction is DoW, even if I don't really consider this one as a minor faction, has a pretty solid chance to appear as a DLC probably. They have an army book and they have a presence in the Darklands.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,015
    If CA wanted to make a lot of money on DLC wouldn't it make sense to have the Ogre's or Chaos Dwarfs as a DLC?
  • ErathilErathil Registered Users Posts: 633
    I'm like 90% sure the four starting races will be:

Ogre Kingdoms

Chaos Dwarfs

Kislev

Daemons of Chaos

My biggest concern with that is how Daemons of Chaos would be implemented. People want to see them as an independent faction, but it would be very hard to fit them into the game while staying true to their lore. Creative Assembly will have to be creative to do them well, since canonically they manifest wherever they can and don't really march in campaigns or hordes or such. It's possible (but unlikely) that Daemons of Chaos will be rolled into Warriors of Chaos as a revamped Hosts of Chaos.

Cathay is too far away and has too little material to be a core race. We may see Cathayan border-forts or military expeditions implemented as a DLC race, but Cathay is so far away from everything else that including it would just be a nightmare for campaign and map design.

Kislev seems most likely, especially if the campaign map includes some land just west of the World's Edge Mountains. They're on the border of the Darklands, on the frontline against Chaos incursions, have a lot of background including characters and unique units, and have been requested since the first game.

We're rapidly closing the window on Araby as a possibility. They may be the pre-order race. It'd be difficult coming up with four Legendary Lords for them, and if they fit anywhere it would be in the Vortex campaign. If we don't get them as pre-order, then we won't be getting them at all.
  • Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Registered Users Posts: 495
    These are the top-tiers basing on leaks, hints and common sense:

1. Legion of Nagash

2. Chaos Dwarfs

3. Nurgle

4. Khorne

5. Slaanesh

6. Tzeentch

7. Ogre Kingdoms

Stuff like Dogs of War and Kislev are definitely possible and both superb pre-order races.

Cathay is too far from the WH3 map...but who knows.

Same goes for Araby, but with a Mortal Empire-like map then it could be possible.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,661
    The 3 I would count secure are:
    DOC
    Orges
    Chaos Dwarfes

To fill spot 4, I could see either:
    Kislev
    DoW

or they double the DoC so they have 4 instead of 2 LL's.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 793
    Pre-order : Araby (If the chaos demons are divide to 4 then we might get one of them as the pre-order.)

Core : Chaos Demons / Ogres / Chaos Dwarfs and if the chaos forces are not divided to 4 then Kislev

DLC : DoW / Cathay / possibly Nagash and friends

This is what I think will happen. I truly hope that Chaos forces not being 4 separate races. That will most likely make Araby and Cathay be excluded from the trilogy to make room for the other demon races.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 8,358
    Very likely 4 races for 3 game is

Kislev
    Doc
    Chaos dwarfs
    OK

I think the preorder is DoW
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
    edited August 2019
    Cathay is highly unlikely

Araby is unlikely
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • TorakTorak Registered Users Posts: 769
    Nagash is definitely coming as dlc thiers to many in game teases for him in game 3 based on vampire coast & Arkhans epilogues plus he's too important a character lorewise to leave out & he had stats on the tabletop
    Team skaven
    Torak said:

Nagash is definitely coming as dlc thiers to many in game teases for him in game 3 based on vampire coast & Arkhans epilogues plus he's too important a character lorewise to leave out & he had stats on the tabletop

Plus CA seem completely obsessed with the undead.
  • HappyBoomerHappyBoomer Registered Users Posts: 92
    Cathay will NOT be a starting race. Its like saying that Araby should have been one of the four races in Warhammer total war 2
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 3,565

-most likely faction

1:Daemons of Chaos
    2:Chaos Dwarves
    3:Ogre Kingdoms
    4:Dogs of War -or- Kislev

LP 1 -
    Campaign Pack 1 - Kislev or DoW
    LP 2 -
    XGame LP #3 - Vampires vs. Game 3 Race
    XGame LP #4 - Dwarfs vs. Game 3 Race
    XGame LP #5 - Game 2 Race vs. Game 3 Race
    XGame LP #6 - Game 2 Race vs. Game 3 Race

That's what we can more or less expect, with both Kislev and DoW being a bit of a maybe.

We might get Monogod DLC.

Chaos Warriors, Beastmen and Wood Elves will all get some amount of overhaul. Empire and Greenskins will get a face lift in Game 2 and maybe a 2nd round of improvements in game 3.

Amazons are never coming.... Araby (sadly) probably wont either. Cathay is only going to make it if TWWH4 becomes a thing so... Snowballs chance in hell.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• xBlood_RavenxBlood_Raven Registered Users Posts: 319
    I think it will be Daemons of Chaos, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarfs and Cathay as starters. I'll link to a previous comment as to why I think this is.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2457845/#Comment_2457845

I'll also link these two articles that have CA saying that minor races are part of the plan (including non-canon elements).

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/204900/araby-maybe-confirmed/p5

I would like people to tell me how a game without this setup could actually work because I can't realistically see it.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 3,565
    Minor factions does not make Cathay more likely than Kislev or DoW..... They are fringe and have no material. Like I'd love Creative Assembly to get Crative with TWWH4 focused on the Far East with Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Kuresh, Hobgobblin Khanate, Eastern Vampire Clans... Ect. but Cathay doesn't belong in TWWH3.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 17,744
    Given that DoW and Kislev are available I don't see Cathay making it in.

Kislev
    Dogs of War
    Ogre Kingdoms
    Daemons of Chaos
    Chaos Dwarfs

They'll need good race/s amongst the core. Going all evil makes no sense. Some combination of the above is highly likely. Kislev could be a Bretonnia style extra race or OK could be the first DLC, though that seems unlikely.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • EterlikEterlik Registered Users Posts: 93
    My bet is,
    Oger Kingdom (if i remember correctly they gave hints about "hunger" at the start of the year)
    Deamons of Chaos, (each of the 4 lords representing a god)
    Chaos Dwarfs
    Kislev (From the talk in the forum it would be a good race cause of the conflict with chaos)

Preorder race i would say DoW or Araby (only races left on the wh2 map?)

But in the end thats all speculations and CA could surprise us with some minor factions nobody believed as a race for the game
  • SbygneusSbygneus Registered Users Posts: 799

-most likely faction

Wrong. NO Cathay but Ogres and Kislev.
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Registered Users Posts: 562
    OdTengri said:

Minor factions does not make Cathay more likely than Kislev or DoW..... They are fringe and have no material. Like I'd love Creative Assembly to get Crative with TWWH4 focused on the Far East with Cathay, Ind, Nippon, Kuresh, Hobgobblin Khanate, Eastern Vampire Clans... Ect. but Cathay doesn't belong in TWWH3.

Uhm, no.

Cathay does belong to tww3, for the simple reason that tww4 is not happening.

If they do make it, it will be in game 3, it doesn't make the slightest bit of sense to hope for a tww4.
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Registered Users Posts: 1,464
    Guaranteed:

Daemons of Chaos
    Ogres
    Chaos Dwarves

Extremely likely:

Kislev
    DoW/Southern Realms

Not likely but possible:

Cathay
    Ind
    Nippon
    Khuresh
    Hobgoblin Khanate
    Kurgan

If I had to put money on it, I’d say what pretty much everyone else is saying:

DoC
    Ogres
    Chaos Dwarves
    Kislev
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 787
    Demons of Chaos, Ogre Kingdoms and Chaos Dwarfs as core are sure.
    I go with Cathay as number 4, Kislev as CP1 alongside release of WH3 Mortal Empires and Nagash (more undead, urgh) as CP2 because CA likes their undead.

Araby or DoW as pre-order

LP1 be OK VS Cathay
    LP2 be CD VS DoC

Lets also put in some special chaos-only DLC to get monogods.

I go with this for now.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • steph74steph74 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,359
    My bet

Araby or Southern Realms (not DoW) as pre order

- Chaos Demon
    - Chaos Dwarves

+ 2 or these 3
    - Cathay
    - Ogre
    - Kislev

3rd as first DLC.

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 3,617
    I am a little confused why you left out OKs, which are an armybook race, put in Cathay and an extra - possibly invented - race OP. We have armybooks (though with CDs that is old and loose) for 3 races so:

DoC
    OKs
    CSs
    For 4th slot I would say either Kislev or DoW.

Kislev has no real problems fitting in as the map could easily stretch into the Eastern Empire, Kislev and Eastern Norsca, which would also allow for the faction variety that CA likes to put in too.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 5,987

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • overtaker40overtaker40 Registered Users Posts: 52
    I predict the map will go east, not south(to begin) and will attach to the right of the mortal empires map. i also think they will stick to 2 "Good" and 2 "Bad races" that's why I think Kislev will be added once they complete a short term vision for tw 3 with DLC like the ogre kingdoms and something else surprising like vampire coast. I really get the feeling that CA wants to experiment and push the lore as well. That's why I leaned towards Cathay, it's not fully fleshed out so they can experiment and for some reasons humans are the most popular race in Warhammer total war.

I personally think dogs of war is the least likely faction but may be implemented in some other way like mercenaries or something. can anyone actually think of a plausible way for CA to actually implement them?

Good 1
    -empire
    -dwarves
    bad 1
    -vampires
    -orcs

good 2
    -high elves
    -lizardmen
    bad 2
    -dark elves
    -Skaven
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 2,548
    edited August 2019
    We have yet to see CA create a race that didn't have an army list of some kind. You expect them to completely make up 2 of the 4 base factions?

Hell, we might not even get Araby and they actually have land on the map which we can't even confirm Cathay has.There are minor races with actual TT content that probably aren't making it in.

We have had 6 races in Game 2 with possibly a 7th as a preorder. We have 3 for certain races (Ogres, DoC, Chaos Dwarfs), 2 likely human races (Kislev, DoW). Thats already 5 races. Defenders of Hellpit had a really fleshed out army list and wouldn’t be out of place, so if we don't see Throt in the upcoming Lord Packs that is a possibility. Add in some sort of Undead Legion cause they seem to be hinting Nagash and the remaining Mortarchs, and if you toss in Monogods now we are somewhere between 7 and 11 depending on how you feel about Monogods. We have plenty of content for game 3.

And CA said they will continue to make content for the trilogy as long as it sells so we may get some other minor races that are easy to make down the line.
  • forthekey67forthekey67 Registered Users Posts: 52
    Khorne
    Slaanesh
    Nurgle
    Tzeentch

DLC1: Ogre Kingdoms
    DLC2: Chaos Dwarfs

Fairly certain this is what it will end up being, with maybe Kislev as the pre-order bonus or a third campaign pack. Cathay has no chance.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 2,548
    Crossil said:

Man, I love the shy guy/bowling ball helmets for Nurgle warriors. That is more intimidating than ornate gold mask with glowing eyes in my opinion.

Really can't decide if Nurgle or Tzeentch is more exciting.