Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why are Ranked Battles played in Romance mode?

EstrelaGalizaEstrelaGaliza Posts: 3Registered Users
I don't understand how can ranked battles work with romance. I mean, ranked battles are about strategy and tactics... And there are no strategy on using general abilities to smash 50% of the opponents army while he is trying to round you from a better position, what is useless against magic heroes with super powers...

Don't misunderstand me, Romance mode it's a nice addition. It gives another dimension to the campaign mode, and players who like it can enjoy their own private multiplayer romance battles... But let's think a little... No one will play competitive ranked battles at TW MOBA style. If you want to play ranked MOBAS there are a lot of games for that, but if you are looking at TW ranked matches, you will probably be looking for a strategy battle.

Comments

• GerryGamer7GerryGamer7 Munich, Bavaria | GermanyPosts: 384Registered Users
    Welcome to the club, mate. Me and a couple of others ( the first was @romin_ronin ) started in week two after release to say this exact same thing. i say this over and over again, but seriously this gets stale now.

nobody from CA listens, it is just not on their radar. too busy with DLCs and bug fixing which is not a bad thing, but ...

an elite coder could change this in one single minute. at least this hilarious combos of 3 Xu Chus should be made impossible. or have you seen 3 karl franz recently? or three lord kroks???

+1000 to every thing you said

MAKE RECORDS MODE THE DEFAULT MODE FOR RANKED GAMES. Period.
    No matter how negative i may sound, i love three kingdoms.
  • JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior Member Posts: 650Registered Users
    Like already mentioned in other threads. How about an answer CA. Ignoring the issue through lack of communication is not the answer!
    3 Kingdoms is a great game campaign wise. Make ranked battles in Records mode. Until that is done it won't be complete.
    Gun Cav in Shogun II should have a Retainer!
    Give us another Avatar Campaign!
  • VikingCatVikingCat Posts: 193Registered Users
    I'll give you an honest answer. Since it's multiplayer, it probably wasn't a conscious decision, since multiplayer in almost any TW is completely barebones and hasn't been given much (or any) thought. Still enjoyable in some cases, but barebones.

CA also has 'fans' who cry and rage whenever something is done for multiplayer because 'they' (the single player only players) are 'the true fanbase that helps them pay their bills, and they should focus on giving us free updates instead of putting time into improving multiplayer'. I literally have seen people making this argument on this forum when the Steps of Isha maps were released for Warhammer Total War. True words.

I certainly agree with you guys. I would've been tempted to play this game for the multiplayer because it seemed like it could be balanced and more about tactics and less about abusing mechanics than Warhammer, but seeing that it was Romance mode put me off it.
  • JacquestheApostateJacquestheApostate Senior Member Posts: 650Registered Users
    VikingCat said:

I'll give you an honest answer. Since it's multiplayer, it probably wasn't a conscious decision, since multiplayer in almost any TW is completely barebones and hasn't been given much (or any) thought. Still enjoyable in some cases, but barebones.

CA also has 'fans' who cry and rage whenever something is done for multiplayer because 'they' (the single player only players) are 'the true fanbase that helps them pay their bills, and they should focus on giving us free updates instead of putting time into improving multiplayer'. I literally have seen people making this argument on this forum when the Steps of Isha maps were released for Warhammer Total War. True words.

I certainly agree with you guys. I would've been tempted to play this game for the multiplayer because it seemed like it could be balanced and more about tactics and less about abusing mechanics than Warhammer, but seeing that it was Romance mode put me off it.

You are correct. However there are people like myself who enjoy both.
    3 Kingdoms is a great game campaign wise. Make ranked battles in Records mode. Until that is done it won't be complete.
    Gun Cav in Shogun II should have a Retainer!
    Give us another Avatar Campaign!
  • GerryGamer7GerryGamer7 Munich, Bavaria | GermanyPosts: 384Registered Users
    VikingCat said:

Sure Viking, sad but true. Adding insult to injury: the new playmobil kiddo mode (dynasty) has better rules than the main MP mode! (you cannot choose three of the same characters). Arrgh.
    MAKE RECORDS MODE THE DEFAULT MODE FOR RANKED GAMES. Period.
    No matter how negative i may sound, i love three kingdoms.
  • Dustin_Dustin_ Posts: 5Registered Users
    I don't mind the romance mode. This game was built around characters, having larger than life characters that can wipe out whole enemy units on its own is what this game is about.

I don't mind having a separate ladder for record modes though.