Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Do posts ever go missing? (Mine has)

SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Posts: 682Registered Users
I'm probably going to look stupid when it re-appears, but I made a post 4+ hours ago and I edited it after the fact, which sometimes sends it away to get approved. So I edited it, it was sent away...and it has not returned in 4 hours or so.

Is this something of a common occurrence? Have posts been known to be deleted or lost when they are sent away? Because usually takes an hour at most to return and considering the effort I put into the post, losing it would be quite the blow.

I would ask tech support but I'm not sure who that is or how to do that at the minute.

Comments

• BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,552Registered Users
    happened to me several times when I started to edit my posts/ all of them came back safe
    it will be back don't worry, just it will take longer time

is this a post about missing DE units ? :p

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Posts: 682Registered Users
    edited August 13
    @Bies

Itsss...I mean its entirely possible that it is :p

Thanks for setting my mind at ease, it's always so nerve racking when they disappear
  • BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,552Registered Users

@SeanJeanquoi

Thanks for setting my mind at ease, it's always so nerve racking when they disappear

no problem ;)

Itsss...I mean its entirely possible that it is :p

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,184Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Edited and/or quoted posts will often be held by the forum system, especially if they have links, so they can be manually reviewed as a potential spam post. They have to be manually OK'd by CA Staff members or by a Moderator.

Just be patient. It sometimes takes awhile. Thanks.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 35,684Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited August 13
    Something else that can make posts require approval is the length. I know that a number of posters struggled when we switched to this forum because the character limit is relatively low so they couldn't add to existing posts from the previous forum.

I think another possible criterion could be formatting.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png