Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

what mods increase garrison sizes?

Firkraag888Firkraag888 Posts: 1,428Registered Users
Ive used a another mod to remove seige battles.

Was hoping to beef up garrsions somehow to compensate for the decreased diffuculty

Comments

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,884Registered Users
    Sieges decrease difficulty because ai is afk
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • Firkraag888Firkraag888 Posts: 1,428Registered Users

thats not true at all.

you will take far more casualties in seiges
    edited August 13

thats not true at all.

Incorrect, if you know what you are doing
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 1,047Registered Users

thats not true at all.

Exploiting an AI is kinda like dodging the game to have it easy then complain about it being too easy.

thats not true at all.

lol.

Ok what do you do then to make it easy and please dont say you have all your artillery and archers as far back as possible and send in a wizard on a flying mount to cast vortex spells

thats not true at all.

lol.

Ok what do you do then to make it easy and please dont say you have all your artillery and archers as far back as possible and send in a wizard on a flying mount to cast vortex spells
    We have all watched the LOTW youtubes videos
  • arghozarghoz Junior Member Posts: 289Registered Users
    SFO increases garrisons
    edited August 13
    arghoz said:

SFO increases garrisons

yeah but there is still walls?

Im sick of seiges. They have ruined the game in there current state

If they where a technical and good experience then i would enjoy them.

In there current state all they do is make 40% of a roster obsolete and it just a boring repetitive grind
    Marker said:

thats not true at all.

Exploiting an AI is kinda like dodging the game to have it easy then complain about it being too easy.
    Using missile advantage isnt an exploit but rather a given
    edited August 13

thats not true at all.

lol.

Legend knows a siege is easier than a field battle.

And like him i use my advantages. If i got KF on deathclaw, 2 steamtanks, 7 missile units and a life mage im not going to charge my missile troops into the ai just because the ai is afk.

I will grind them down taking 5 (or 0 lost men)

I do not think this is an exploit but rather a flawed siege system.

I press my advantage and ai needs to act. Just like a player would.

The ai reacts in the field vs my advantage and attacks. So there i take more casulties.

Flawed ai that goes afk in sieges.
    edited August 13

thats not true at all.

lol.

Legend knows a siege is easier than a field battle.

And like him i use my advantages. If i got KF on deathclaw, 2 steamtanks, 7 missile units and a life mage im not going to charge my missile troops into the ai just because the ai is afk.

I will grind them down taking 5 (or 0 lost men)

I do not think this is an exploit but rather a flawed siege system.

I press my advantage and ai needs to act. Just like a player would.

The ai reacts in the field vs my advantage and attacks. So there i take more casulties.

Flawed ai that goes afk in sieges.
    so what do you do?

Sit back with your art and take out towers for 20 minutes?

this is what i am talking about.

LOTWs battles drag on for way to long. He uses cheese but the cost of that cheese is every seige battle takes for ever. After 3 or 4 of them playing like that i am sick of the game.

I have seen all of his cheese tactics. Get use to wasting hours of your life just to win battles. Screw that crap.

By far his biggest cheese is using wizards to cast vortex spells while having your entire stack retreat so the wizard can gain WOM.

He is legend of nothing. He is an idiot. I have seen him take on only 5-6 units and spend 1 hour using cheese tactics to beat them. Absolute idiot he should get a life

If you dont find him entertaining dont watch?

So like i said. What do you do that is different to him? That everyone on this forum hasn’t allready seen a hundred times?

Or where you just going to flog his dead horse?

So like i said. What do you do that is different to him? That everyone on this forum hasn’t allready seen a hundred times?

Or where you just going to flog his dead horse?
    Depends on army, enemy army, what part of campaign.

I use the 20 min time limit though to "force" me to attack but still ai is so much afk it is easier in sieges than field battles.
    Yeah but what do you actually do?

Like literally? What do you do?
    edited August 13
    I will give you an example battle:

I roll in with 2 stanks, 2 hellfires, 5 handgunners, 5 melee infantry, 2 cav, KF and life mage.

Im facing Grimgor and 10 black orcs, 3 giants, 2 boar boys and a hero. And a basic garrison.

I deploy with on a flank or infront of a gate depending on what is best for that map.

Only 1,2 or 3 towers csn hit my troops. They attack my stanks, KF or the mage because how i deployed. I move troops into deadangles and destroy towers i need to. KF draws enemy fire and dives on enemy missiles. They dont fall back. AI is afk. Melee troops may climb and kill them. They afk. In the meantime ive blown the walls in 1 or 2 spots. Melee has entered the gate. They blob the gate. And are heal to full with earth blood. They lose noone or a few men, i can also lose noone by using the stanks.. My gunners move in from breach in walls. AI is afk and they fire right into the huge enemy blob of black orcs from the flanks. They absolutely melt. Now the enemy routs battle is won.

Maybe 5 min left of the 20 min timer. Or 10. Or 2. I have never run out of time. Was close once with dwarfs vs capital and doomstack garrisoned in it. 1 min left.
    Yeah but that would be easier to do if it wasnt a seige battle no?

edited August 13
    No mate. The ai plays better in the field.

They would come at me at the same time and spread out. I can win but i will take more casulties than in a siege.

AI is so afk in sieges it is terrible.
    There are cheese like you just described for out in the field and its heaps easier then that.

Far easier and over and done with lot quicker.

There are cheese like you just described for out in the field and its heaps easier then that.

Far easier and over and done with lot quicker.

Nothing can be easier than playing against AFK ai.
    edited August 13
    Ok.

Go build a stack with 4 waywatchers and 4 Swift shiver shards in it and just place them behind a normal spear formation.

Nothing can get pass that. Nothing. Just those 8 archers units will hold back 2 doom stacks.

And all you have to do is press auto-Attacks
    edited August 13

I will give you an example battle:

I roll in with 2 stanks, 2 hellfires, 5 handgunners, 5 melee infantry, 2 cav, KF and life mage.

Im facing Grimgor and 10 black orcs, 3 giants, 2 boar boys and a hero. And a basic garrison.

I deploy with on a flank or infront of a gate depending on what is best for that map.

Only 1,2 or 3 towers csn hit my troops. They attack my stanks, KF or the mage because how i deployed. I move troops into deadangles and destroy towers i need to. KF draws enemy fire and dives on enemy missiles. They dont fall back. AI is afk. Melee troops may climb and kill them. They afk. In the meantime ive blown the walls in 1 or 2 spots. Melee has entered the gate. They blob the gate. And are heal to full with earth blood. They lose noone or a few men, i can also lose noone by using the stanks.. My gunners move in from breach in walls. AI is afk and they fire right into the huge enemy blob of black orcs from the flanks. They absolutely melt. Now the enemy routs battle is won.

Maybe 5 min left of the 20 min timer. Or 10. Or 2. I have never run out of time. Was close once with dwarfs vs capital and doomstack garrisoned in it. 1 min left.

And these seige tactics you are using. You want to know a far easier way? The empire has access to a fire mage on a flying mount. Fly up to walls and cast flame-storm as many times as possible with your units out of the range of the towers. Use your artillery to take out 2 or three towers and the advance. Then concentrate everything on clearing the walls. Your flying units are the key eg KFs and generals and mages.

Flamestorm with the -22% fire weakness passive is the most damaging spell in the game after winds of death. It is actually better then winds of death because to get the most out of winds of death you need to target a long thin strip, this hardly ever works out.
    Cant help you mate
  • BaaltorBaaltor Posts: 68Registered Users
    Most of that stuff you're talking about, Firkraag888 isn't cheese, it's bare naked common sense. Bombardment isn't cheese, it's how wars are fought. I can forgive AI not being perfect, but not being able to respond to practical and predictable scenarios, like 'enemy has siege equipment in a siege' isn't not perfection, it's barely functional.
  • BaaltorBaaltor Posts: 68Registered Users
    edited August 17
    Oh and for the record I don't cheese the battles like this. It drains the fun. But it also drains some of the fun that I can't do that and have to treat the AI with kid's gloves.

And in relation to your OP, you're in luck: I'm guessing you don't go on the workshop, which btw you should, because in the past couple of weeks there's been a series of mods doing what you asked for. There are actually many mods that beef up the garrison if this isn't to your liking.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1832283847
  • SvartypopsSvartypops Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited August 24
    Some factions have better automated defences than others. I think the magical damage is crazy high on undead and skaven defences (for example).

Here are some tips for siege...

Run your guys up to the wall as quickly as you can, so the towers can't shoot you because you're behind them and the people on the wall have difficulty shooting you.
    When doing this, rush them all together to minimise casualties.
    A tanky character that you intend to keep away from melee (a wizard character) is ideal to soak up some damage here, so run them in front of everybody else. Something with piles of defence (e.g. Arachnarok spider) is sometimes good for this, though results may vary because you don't want it on half HPs when the melee starts.

Bashing doors down and then fighting at the door is sometimes better than climbing the walls - take note of the unit that the AI puts behind the door - do they have anti-large (usually they do)? When the door drops, pull back your monsters and cav, charge in with melee characters and melee/anti-melee units (sometimes it's worth it to just pile in anyway and disrupt their formation, but be aware that the units will suffer).

Use your archers! If you're outside, put them just in front of a tower facing sideways, so they shoot onto the wall - be warned, some towers will obliterate archers who stand there, but sometimes you can get away with it, particularly if you put a few units in a row there.

If you're defending and you have archers, put your melee either side of where the siege tower will deploy and put archers on the ground inside where they can shoot the enemies when they leave the tower. This way you get to hit the enemy in the back and shoot them from the side - even superior enemies can be wiped this way.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file