Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Solvedgame wont launch

EverlivingEverliving Posts: 7Registered Users
edited August 28 in Crashes
worked fine until a week or so ago now itll say running in steam when i hit play from the launcher then magically disappear and not do anything, these kinds of problems are unacceptable. nor should i have to fix a broken game on my end
Post edited by CA_Vix on

Comments

• CA_VixCA_Vix Posts: 233Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in response.

Could you please try deleting your preferences.script? Details on where to find this are here: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/173599/how-to-find-your-preference-script-file#latest

Also, can you tell me if you have any mods running? If so, they may be outdated. My suggestion there would be to disable them if needed.

Let me know how it goes.

All the best,

Vix
  • decourcy2decourcy2 Posts: 163Registered Users
    I updated with update III this morning and the game no longer works. I have the CA launcher, click play, and crash.
    I have no mods running, Windows 10.
  • decourcy2decourcy2 Posts: 163Registered Users
    For me, I had steam file check and it found one missing file of 457.5Mb. It downloaded that and the game works again, I have never had a file corruption on Steam before, so it was probably Valve that led to my problem.
  • CA_VixCA_Vix Posts: 233Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    decourcy2 said:

For me, I had steam file check and it found one missing file of 457.5Mb. It downloaded that and the game works again, I have never had a file corruption on Steam before, so it was probably Valve that led to my problem.

Hi there,

Glad to hear you were able to resolve your issue! I'll mark this topic as resolved, but please let me know if it happens more frequently :)

All the best,

Vix