Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Top fixes and bugs needed in next patch

rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 199Registered Users
What do you think are the most important fixes/bugs that CA need to correct on the next patch?

Comments

• EnforestEnforest Posts: 1,886Registered Users
    1) Retreating armies able to retreat through enemy armies, even when they are in the ambush stance (bug since TWW2 release)

2) Whenever a unit gets new contact effect via ability or spell (like Khalida or Ghorst poision, poison from Cunning trait, etc), it won't work on ranged attacks despite being shown properly.

3) When the unit is Rampaged, custom abilities from mods won't work on it anymore (claimed to be fixed, there still some issues however).

Demand more love for Empire, Greenskins and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Expanded Beastmen roster with Ghorgon and Jabberslythe! Bring back Black Orcs variants and Orc Big Boss heroes!
  • rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 199Registered Users
    1) Faster turn tines (specially ME)

2) Random crashes (stability)

3) Lightning effects on 3D portraits

• PancakesPancakes Posts: 376Registered Users
    not sure if its just me, but my biggest gripe/bug, at the moment, is my Iket claw campaigns in non-ME after 5 or so turns, i cant click the end turn button, as it tells me theirs a message i need to dismiss.

I've heard it brought up a few times, but havnt been able to play his campaign yet outside of ME
  • steph74steph74 Junior Member Posts: 785Registered Users
    Make the UI capacity indicator works for faction other than TK
  • SteelRoninSteelRonin Junior Member ChilePosts: 587Registered Users
    The portrait bug. When a bright wizard portrait from broken nose orc clan tried to assasinate my agent, while it was a Skaven agent......
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 14,659Registered Users
    It's hard to say. CA have done a good job of getting rid of the poster boy bugs.

I'll go with fixing the Orcs. Fix them CA. Please. Pretty please.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • eomateomat Junior Member Posts: 663Registered Users
    Also add in the fixes to the visual glitches in my other post. Waystalker Hero with Alith Anars glow in Campaign, Double decker Anvil of Doom, Amber Wizard griffon not displaying correctly in Campaign map (shows the Generic version) and so on.
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Posts: 515Registered Users
    The gate bug during siege is really annoying (gates become unattackable if enemy opens them with their troops) as well as the artillery walking into melee when shooting vs towers in siege.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • ReeksReeks Posts: 1,608Registered Users

The gate bug during siege is really annoying (gates become unattackable if enemy opens them with their troops) as well as the artillery walking into melee when shooting vs towers in siege.

This....A 100 times this
  • SagrandaSagranda Posts: 1,507Registered Users

My two biggest issues with the game.
    "Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 592Registered Users
    Can I may ask for settlements finally changing their skin? I don’t want my brave men of the empire to live in a dirty Orc Camp or Vampire Castle... Lizardmen would never live in a Vampirate or DE City when a nice temple is just around the corner, somewhere in the jungle...

No I know that this won’t get changed until game 3... 😕
  • Jman5Jman5 Posts: 22Registered Users
    Fixing bugs and inconsistencies with the kill counter.

1. Bombardment abilities either do not register any kills for the caster or only partially register.
    2. Summons should either appear on the battle report page as their own separate entity or their kills should be attributed to the caster. If the latter, you would probably need some catch-all spot for player-casted summons like with the tombkings and skaven.
    3. I would be interested in seeing how many kills towers are getting in sieges.

Really, I would like to see a damage counter option as well. A unit fighting a monster or character might have been very effective, but churned through fewer models. Also a friendly fire indicator would be fun to look at too.
  • MasariusMasarius Senior Member Posts: 554Registered Users
    1. Gate Bug
    2. Portrait Bug
    3. Bretonnia recruiting only peasants again
    4. Balance Ikit
    5. The AI could be a bit more aggressive
    Till shade is gone,
    till water is gone,
    into the Shadow with the teeth bared,
    screaming defiance with the last breath,
    to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 720Registered Users
    -Gate Bug
    -Optimise the game
    -Make the AI smarter when it comes to building armies
    -Optimise the game
    -Faster end turn
    -Optimise the game
  • wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Posts: 367Registered Users
    every single instance of clipping :)
  • DessadDessad Posts: 39Registered Users
    Dumb AI that allows enemy "lord dancing" and/or puts units on walls that, in turn, just stand there, getting pounded by artillery. Dumb AI is dumb.

• Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 19,069Registered Users
    Dessad said:

Dumb AI that allows enemy "lord dancing" and/or puts units on walls that, in turn, just stand there, getting pounded by artillery. Dumb AI is dumb.

That's primarily a problem with how CA set the projectile trajectory of bows and crossbows. They have such a convenient angle that they can totally ignore the crenelations, unlike every other TW game that had such fortifications before or since.

• TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,088Registered Users
    No AFK AI in sieges
    70% cap on resistances
    Harder campaign (latest patch made the game to easy)
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • Fiasco35Fiasco35 Posts: 156Registered Users
    AFK or just incredibly stupid AI in siege defenses.

The Gate Bug

Make factions more likely to push for expansion and become strong again. The campaign is only challenging in the very beginning because almost none of the AI factions expand out of their starting zones anymore resulting in campaigns where i invade Ulthuan on turn 150 and Tyrion is level 5 and hasn't left his starting zone and Lothern's army is 2 stacks of basic trash on legendary difficulty...

Late game AI army recruitment needs an overhaul so they actually build threatening armies again.
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Posts: 515Registered Users
    Better AI 2 by MINOS as well as Advanced AI mods (currently retired) by CeltiK have great improvements.

Community Bug Fix mod also has a ton of good stuff.

Implementing at least some if not all of them would be an immense improvement to the game.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • InquisitornInquisitorn Posts: 95Registered Users
    Finally being able to send an army across the sea, i.e. the route will no longer be land only, but shortest distance will be calculated and taken.
  • Aram_theheadAram_thehead Posts: 408Registered Users
    1. Gate bug
    2. Units stopping in front of walls instead of using the ladders
    3. Portrait bug (wow this handmaiden looks like a vampire!)
    4. Porthole bug (all humanoid faces look pretty bad)
  • MonochromaticSpiderMonochromaticSpider Posts: 703Registered Users
    1. AI opening the gate when I'm trying to bash it in
    2. Units deciding that the easiest way to get inside the wall is to climb a ladder because some other unit is currently entering through the gate or breached wall section. This makes the unit spend 20 times longer to get inside and get exhausted on top, instead of just waiting a few seconds for the gate to clear.
    3. Siege artillery bug where siege units just will not shoot on walls and towers
    4. Pathfinding around water instead of across it.

• rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 199Registered Users
    ME races intro videos for campaign too. When we start an Empire campaign we are losing the opportunity to watch the full intro empire video from WH1. They can use trailer videos as intros for DLC races and FLC.

URGENT. There shouldnt be a reason to download WH1 if you own WH2.

(no the mini video at the left of Lord selection is not enough, is chopped , small and without audio)
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Posts: 573Registered Users
    Fixing either GS or Empire.
    Otherwise, I do not expect much from WH2 anymore.