Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: Troy = Amazons

IconicIconic Posts: 383Registered Users
The Amazon's fought on the Trojan side in the siege of Troy. If the next Saga game really is about Troy then the chances of Amazons in TWWH has increased.

Comments

• crazycakemancrazycakeman Posts: 146Registered Users
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 720Registered Users
    If the game is successful then I can safely claim CA will make the amazons into Warhammer because they just want money !!!
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 1,764Registered Users
    Saga it not fantasy game like Warhammer.
    CA mention Saga is more local period and conflict but it still historical game.

Max fantasy would be heroes like in Warhammer.
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Posts: 182Registered Users
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,669Registered Users
    edited August 15
    Quite the reach. Trojan Amazons were nothing like WH Amazons. WH Amazons come from the idea of connecting the Amazons to the irl Amazon rainforest(in the New World) and giving them a sort of jungle- southern native american aesthetic.

Compare this:

To this:
  • SephlockSephlock Posts: 932Registered Users
    And the hopes for a Fate crossover, right?

Right?

... what?
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 1,145Registered Users
    IT'S TIME TO STOP.
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Posts: 2,914Registered Users
    You're adding 2+2 and coming up with 7.
    Keep Grombrindal in KaK, K8P should be 10 slots, Dogs of War should be a horde, DoC should be one race- Change my mind

Give us a Slayer Hero!
  • IconicIconic Posts: 383Registered Users

The Iliad is all about gods and heroes. A "straight" historical game wouldn't make sense.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 1,997Registered Users

SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• KirkwaldKirkwald Posts: 23Registered Users
    Amazons and Araby soon, bros...
    We will have our DLC.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,137Registered Users
    Sidenote: it also depends on how much into the "Myth" stuff CA goes. if they try to balance it between "Myth" and "Fact" (as hard as it'd be)... the "Amazons" likely would be Scythians with mixed gender units, or a bunch of female units.
    Every wrong is recorded! Every slight against us! Page after Page, etched in blood! Clan Gunnison! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman!

Yes! to Boris Todbringer as playable, subfaction leading Legendary Lord with Starting Position Middenheim instead for the Empire! NO to the lazy way of moving Gelt and Volkmar who both belong to Reikland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 468Registered Users
    Troy will most likely be like 3k with both a fantasy mode and a historical mode.
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Posts: 731Registered Users
    Amazons armed with space laser tech yeah!
  • BoombastekBoombastek Posts: 1,764Registered Users
    edited August 15
    Iconic said:

The Iliad is all about gods and heroes. A "straight" historical game wouldn't make sense.
    Gods? Well they trust in gods, but gods didn't answer to prays.

They are weak, can't compare to chaos gods.
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 592Registered Users
    edited August 15
    Amazons will definitely be in at some point! As a single unit of the DoW roster
  • xBlood_RavenxBlood_Raven Posts: 183Registered Users
    You have pushed that one too far. Would I be very happy to see Amazons (or any minor race)? A definite yes but I can't see Troy as a hint or confirmation of Amazons.

Hopefully they make it someday.
  • ArneSoArneSo Posts: 592Registered Users
    All these factions like Albion, Amazons and Halflings are on one level with Fimir. Their best and only chance is to be part of another unit roster and maybe get 1-2 units.

Lustria is already super crowded and we won’t get any more races for game 2.

Araby might be the preorder bonus and DoW are perfect for game 3. But Amazons with their small island that not even exists on the map are definitely out.
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Posts: 505Registered Users
    Iconic said:

The Amazon's fought on the Trojan side in the siege of Troy. If the next Saga game really is about Troy then the chances of Amazons in TWWH has increased.

Oy vey! :/

TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,270Registered Users
    Were there Amazons in Troy movie?
  • VildvargVildvarg Posts: 108Registered Users
    Makes as much sense as all those Cathay is happening because of "x" threads.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 4,092Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

Were there Amazons in Troy movie?

Movies, known for their dedication to historical accuracy. 300 taught us the Persian Immortals were actually orcs the whole time.

Thank you Hollywood!
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 468Registered Users
    Seriously, I don't get the people replying seriously to an obvious troll statement.
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 720Registered Users
    Vildvarg said:

Pretty sure the point of the thread is to mock that actually. That's how I understood it at least.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 5,066Registered Users
    Vildvarg said:

That's pretty much the point the OP is sarcastically making, I think. It's another Obnoxious Prowess thread (for anyone who gets that reference).

I think it's a false equivalence, myself, but... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 10101010 Posts: 31Registered Users
  • TayvarTayvar Posts: 10,279Registered Users

It's not like Warhammer, it's like Three Kingdoms, and there is even less non-romanticized sources for Troy than for Three Kingdom, so it would be an additional historical fantasy Total War game.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 9,731Registered Users
    "the big women market will force CA to implement them into WH as well..."
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 4,092Registered Users
    Anyone else remember the sneaky Amazon city in Rome1?
  • BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,552Registered Users

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."