Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Praise the Khaine! Obscure characters for Druchii lovers : Kharbana the Slave Mistress

BiesBies Junior MemberPosts: 1,552Registered Users

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Comments

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 5,066Registered Users
    That must be a pretty old source, since it seems to be dating back to a time when slave regiments were actually part of the Dark Elf roster... which is to say, before I got into Warhammer in the late 90s.

Could make for a unique LL if they do decide to go that far back, though!
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 1,145Registered Users
    THIS IS THE FIRST IVE EVER HEARD OF HER NOW I DEMAND SHE BECOMES A LEGENDARY HERO
  • wunderb0rwunderb0r Junior Member Posts: 367Registered Users
    edited August 15
    *typing*

"how to 3D-Print Humans"
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Posts: 530Registered Users
    Draxynnic said:

That must be a pretty old source, since it seems to be dating back to a time when slave regiments were actually part of the Dark Elf roster... which is to say, before I got into Warhammer in the late 90s.

For me it's the toughness value of 4 that really shows how old she is... At least since 6th edition all elves had toughness 3, with the only exceptions of Malekith(4) and Teclis(2).

She seems cool, but the dark elves have a lot of lord and hero options that should come before her. Her main theme also seems to be a slaver, something Lokhir Fellheart already fills the role of.
  • BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,552Registered Users
    Draxynnic said:

@Draxynnic year 1997

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 1,145Registered Users
    Ah, back when GW put bright primary colors on everything.
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,188Registered Users
    Bies said:

Draxynnic said:

@Draxynnic year 1997

She appears to be wearing a bright red dunce cap. No wonder she's so foul tempered, years of being sat in the corner with your face to the wall will do that to you..
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,188Registered Users

Ah, back when GW put bright primary colors on everything.

Plus boob armour. Nothing says oldschool GW like women wanting nothing but their chests protected in battle.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
    edited August 15
    Arsenic said:

Bies said:

Draxynnic said:

@Draxynnic year 1997

She appears to be wearing a bright red dunce cap. No wonder she's so foul tempered, years of being sat in the corner with your face to the wall will do that to you..
    hihi they all are

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 4,435Registered Users
    Bies said:

Arsenic said:

Bies said:

Draxynnic said:

@Draxynnic year 1997

hihi they all are

O-k I want model made out of this art. DE are far too tame in TW:WH. They wear so much unnecessary armour.

About slaves. Why can't we trade slaves? For an example send pleasure slave to one of the Dreadlords in order to build up loyalty. So many options. So much potential for Blood and Gore DLC.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• SteppelordSteppelord Junior Member Posts: 2,019Registered Users
    Um you know guys I'm questioning the existence of this character. The photo is a cosplay, and in half the text it's a he, the other half it's a she. Wtf? Warhammer's first transgender character? Hahahaha.

Now I've got nothing Vs transgendered, but I'm pretty sure that was not the point of it. Lol.
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Posts: 682Registered Users
    @Maedrethnir

That's genius! Give them, not only a slave trade but also a system where you get slaves of different types and you can assign them to different roles.

Labour slaves: reduce construction time/cost

Pleasure slaves: Positive public order and Growth potentially.

Meat shields: Slaves could be expended to create slave infantry units that cost no upkeep. (Could also be spent to maybe create slave versions of low tier enemy units)

Then on top you could trade them with other Druchii and factions that use slaves (maybe VC need dead bodies)
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 4,435Registered Users

@Maedrethnir

That's genius! Give them, not only a slave trade but also a system where you get slaves of different types and you can assign them to different roles.

Meat shields: Slaves could be expended to create slave infantry units that cost no upkeep. (Could also be spent to maybe create slave versions of low tier enemy units)

Then on top you could trade them with other Druchii and factions that use slaves (maybe VC need dead bodies)

But of course. What else did you expect from me if not genius! I eat only purebred Caledorian pepper.

Yes, yes, yes that's precisely what I would like to see. Where there's a whip, there's a way!
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Posts: 535Registered Users
    edited August 16

@Maedrethnir

So pay attention to not switch the Dawi and the hot Asur girl, it would be a hard night and a rickety building.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Posts: 1,017Registered Users
    _Mad_D0c_ said:

@Maedrethnir

So pay attention to not switch the Dawi and the hot Asur girl, it would be a hard night and a rickety building.
    I'm sure he'd like that.

Draxynnic said:

For me it's the toughness value of 4 that really shows how old she is... At least since 6th edition all elves had toughness 3, with the only exceptions of Malekith(4) and Teclis(2).

She seems cool, but the dark elves have a lot of lord and hero options that should come before her. Her main theme also seems to be a slaver, something Lokhir Fellheart already fills the role of.
    That was a change made in 6E - older editions had T4 elf characters.
    Bies said:

Draxynnic said:

@Draxynnic year 1997

Ah, the Journal. Presumably the rules for slave regiments were also in the same Journal, since they weren't in the army book. Might have to see if I can chase it up.
  • psychoakpsychoak Posts: 2,149Registered Users

Um you know guys I'm questioning the existence of this character. The photo is a cosplay, and in half the text it's a he, the other half it's a she. Wtf? Warhammer's first transgender character? Hahahaha.

Now I've got nothing Vs transgendered, but I'm pretty sure that was not the point of it. Lol.

Crap proof reading was pretty normal for Games Workshop. Stuff like this got by even in the official books, never mind the magazine.
    Found the Journal in question...

I suspect that under more recent rules, the slave warriors would be simply human, since more recent fluff has it that High Elf prisoners are usually tortured to death for entertainment rather than put to work.
    Draxynnic said:

Found the Journal in question...

I suspect that under more recent rules, the slave warriors would be simply human, since more recent fluff has it that High Elf prisoners are usually tortured to death for entertainment rather than put to work.

@Draxynnic
    rather dark elves, if we CA will go with Malus

@Maedrethnir

@SeanJeanquoi @Maedrethnir
    of course you could sell them to skaven, they need food =P
    this game mechanic could push players to avoid killing all the other DE factions, trading with other DE should give more gold, resources than with other factions like skaven, norsca or vampires
    slaves should be divided in such categories as human (when winning against bretonnia, norsca, empire, estalia...), elf(when winning against high elves, wood elves)and so on
    also for example elf slaves should have more value for DE factions than for example greenskins

@Bies

Finally we would have a reason to actually go into that slave menu.

It depends how deep you want to make the mechanic. You could give the different races different attributes as slaves: Lizardmen and Dawi make for a better workforce, High elves make for better pleasure slaves etc.
  • WyvaxWyvax Posts: 1,639Registered Users

@Bies

Finally we would have a reason to actually go into that slave menu.

It depends how deep you want to make the mechanic. You could give the different races different attributes as slaves: Lizardmen and Dawi make for a better workforce, High elves make for better pleasure slaves etc.

To be frank, some races don't sound like they'd make good slaves at all. Just like Dawi Zhar discovered, some are just worthless or too dangerous to keep. Skaven and goblins are worthless workers and constantly schemeing, Orcs are to belligerent, Saurus even moreso, Skinks you might be able to cow, but they'd expire quickly in the climate, Dawi would probably willingly die than serve. That realistically leaves only humans and other elves.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer
    @Wyvax

Thats probably the kind of complaint you should be levying at GW and their BS lore rather than this potential mechanic.

"Would rather die than serve"...that's not how slavery works...most people, most slaves would rather die than serve...

Gobbos and greenskins are slaves to the Chaos dwarfs and to eachother.

You could make it that some races don't yield slaves though if it came to it.
    @SeanJeanquoi @Wyvax
    Druchii will always find a way for others to serve them :D

• HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Posts: 2,226Registered Users
    In Malus Darkblade novels dwarfs(used as crafters) and HEs slaves were said to be the most expensive one

If I remember corectly there was a scene where malus sister killed a HE slave and he was like what a waste
  • Otters007Otters007 Posts: 571Registered Users
    Bies said:

@SeanJeanquoi @Wyvax

What's that comic from?
    Otters007 said:

Bies said:

@SeanJeanquoi @Wyvax

What's that comic from?
    @Otters007

comic came out with pc game warhammer online age of reckoning

• Ingr8Ingr8 Posts: 209Registered Users
    Did someone just knock this up in 5 minutes?

They "tell stores" do they? What Asda, Tesco and Aldi?

Yes, I damn well would!
  • psychoakpsychoak Posts: 2,149Registered Users
    Probably. That far back, it was probably just one dude proofreading his own work.