Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Playable WH1 races in vortex map dlc

arghozarghoz Junior MemberPosts: 241Registered Users
I think it would be great if some of the WH1 races that are on the vortex map got a LL and became playable. I love playing Dwarfs, its my favorite faction, but the turn times on Mortal Empires map is excruciating once you get past turn 60-70, even with a top notch cpu. So i usually end up getting bored and feeling forced to play Vortex.

A easy way to get more out of the WH1 content would be to make them playable on the vortex map, like Greybeard's Prospectors, Top Knotz, Knights of the Flame, Bowmen of Oreon, Skeggi, Sudenburg etc. Just give them 1-2 legendary lords and some unique victory condition.

This could be sold as a dlc without having to own mortal empires dlc also.

Comments

• UgandaJimUgandaJim Posts: 243Registered Users
    Yeah that would be great. But i doubt they will do that ... I would love to see Greenskins on Ulthuan and Playable Beast Men in Naggaronth
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Posts: 1,554Registered Users
    Im waiting for crynsos faction unlocker to be updated for this express purpose. ME just takes too long and the unlocker lets me play WH1 races in vortex campaign. With campaign startpos randomizer mod it's all fun :)
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 2,450Registered Users
    Well if we are getting X-LPs they may very well do that, at least for some of the game 1 races.
  • FraxinusFraxinus Posts: 258Registered Users
    I'm all for this. I would love to see Chaos playable in the Vortex map - they're already the main antagonist since they get summoned when you try to start vortex rituals. Maybe they could make Vashnaar actually a Chaos Lord instead of the elf that they chose him to be for whatever reason, and remove his stage 4 cancer rogue army to replace it with a Chaos faction that starts in the New World.
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKPosts: 3,906Registered Users
    Playable Vampire Counts in Vortex, yes please as much as I like Vamp Pirates I miss my Varghulf and Black Coach these are my fav tools.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 2,405Registered Users
    Well lets think about it for a second.

There's several possible factions for them.

New World Colonies
    Sudenburg

Blue Vipers
    Arachnos
    Leaf Cutterz?

Spine of Sotek Dwarfs
    Grey Beard Prospectors
    Karak Zorn

Necharch Brotherhood
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• arghozarghoz Junior Member Posts: 241Registered Users
    edited August 16
    Laindesh said:

Im waiting for crynsos faction unlocker to be updated for this express purpose. ME just takes too long and the unlocker lets me play WH1 races in vortex campaign. With campaign startpos randomizer mod it's all fun :)

Yea i have done this a bit as well, but it would be more fun with proper legendary lords and victory conditions :)
    OdTengri said:

New World Colonies
    Sudenburg

Blue Vipers
    Arachnos
    Leaf Cutterz?

Spine of Sotek Dwarfs
    Grey Beard Prospectors
    Karak Zorn

Necharch Brotherhood

Norsca and Wood Elves would have starting options as well. I think its just that they dont want it to do, not thats not possible. And it would be totally cool to have them in the Vortex map.
  • arghozarghoz Junior Member Posts: 241Registered Users
    edited August 16
    UgandaJim said:

OdTengri said:

New World Colonies
    Sudenburg

Blue Vipers
    Arachnos
    Leaf Cutterz?

Spine of Sotek Dwarfs
    Grey Beard Prospectors
    Karak Zorn

Necharch Brotherhood

Norsca and Wood Elves would have starting options as well. I think its just that they dont want it to do, not thats not possible. And it would be totally cool to have them in the Vortex map.
    Yea i dont think it likely they will do it either, dont understand why though. It would require very little effort, one good way to do it would be, as some suggest, make the dlc focus on 1 WH1 faction and 1 WH2 faction, like high elves and greenskins for example. This could make a greenskin faction in vortex map playable + add a few units to greenskins and high elves and 1 LL each.

It would be much better than if they just add more stuff to the existing WH2 factions.
    arghoz said:

UgandaJim said:

OdTengri said:

New World Colonies
    Sudenburg

Blue Vipers
    Arachnos
    Leaf Cutterz?

Spine of Sotek Dwarfs
    Grey Beard Prospectors
    Karak Zorn

Necharch Brotherhood

Yea i dont think it likely they will do it either, dont understand why though. It would require very little effort, one good way to do it would be, as some suggest, make the dlc focus on 1 WH1 faction and 1 WH2 faction, like high elves and greenskins for example. This could make a greenskin faction in vortex map playable + add a few units to greenskins and high elves and 1 LL each.

It would be much better than if they just add more stuff to the existing WH2 factions.
    Yeah on top of that, all Warhammer 2 factions have allready 4 LLs. Norsca and WE have only 2, BM and Empire only 3 ...
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 2,405Registered Users
    UgandaJim said:

OdTengri said:

New World Colonies
    Sudenburg

Blue Vipers
    Arachnos
    Leaf Cutterz?

Spine of Sotek Dwarfs
    Grey Beard Prospectors
    Karak Zorn

Necharch Brotherhood

I would totally pay $8-10 for a Skeggi Race pack, cut out the Snow and Ice themed units from the Norsca Faction and Replace them with Land of the Lost style barbarians riding dinosaurs. Maybe even include the Amazons amongst them under the alternate explanation for their existence.

"The Norse maintain another tale of Amazon roots, linking them to the female warriors known as the Valkyries and the writings of the brilliant, if unhinged, scholar Stilmensch. They believe the warrior women dwelling in the jungle are Norse outcasts - the remnants of a group of women who took to war whilst their menfolk were off plundering."
    UgandaJim said:

UgandaJim said:

Yeah on top of that, all Warhammer 2 factions have allready 4 LLs. Norsca and WE have only 2, BM and Empire only 3 ...

Honestly the should make updated offering for the Wood Elves and Beastmen DLC's that each add 1 TWWH2 Campaign to the Vortex Map. Making them TWWH1 and/or TWWH2 DLC.

For the Beastmen it should focus on Moonclaw who's goal it is to destroy the Elven Waystones.

For the Wood Elves it should focus on Ariel and her beef with Morathai
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.