Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Assumption.New DLC. Rise of Nagash

AzurianAzurian Posts: 299Registered Users
edited August 16 in General Discussion
I have not once heard here wishes about the introduction of Nagash into the game, this character is certainly popular and in demand.
Now imagine, we already have lord packs for elves, skavens and lizardmen, there is no reason to believe that they will go in the second round.
A discussion posted by SeanJeanquoi suggested that if developers create a DLC for a DLC? Then it is logical to assume that this will not be the DLC for the vampire pirates, but the DLC for the tomb kings, it is quite possible, and the most logical to enter Nagash personally.

Tagged:

Comments

• GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 2,749Registered Users
    edited August 16
    Nagash will come game 3 with mono's. Too much evidence and hints and teasers.
    Might want to redo that title.
    Some people might think its misleading.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • AzurianAzurian Posts: 299Registered Users

Nagash will come game 3 with mono's. Its already been hinted and teased too much.

Honestly, it’s not quite clear to me why they are waiting for him in part 3, you can talk about the end of time and his role in it as much as you like, but he was nowhere except Khemria, who simply is not on the map of game 3, the assumption that he will appear with his army dead somewhere in the dark lands seems to me at least strange.

• FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 1,923Registered Users
    Azurian said:

Nagash will come game 3 with mono's. Its already been hinted and teased too much.

Honestly, it’s not quite clear to me why they are waiting for him in part 3, you can talk about the end of time and his role in it as much as you like, but he was nowhere except Khemria, who simply is not on the map of game 3, the assumption that he will appear with his army dead somewhere in the dark lands seems to me at least strange.

Why would that be strange? Nagashizzar is probably going to be on the western edge of the map.

Also Harkon's epilogue straight out talks about Mortarchs and the End Times if I remember correctly. If it is End Times we are getting Nagash in game 3.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Posts: 2,405Registered Users
    Azurian said:

I have not once heard here wishes about the introduction of Nagash into the game, this character is certainly popular and in demand.

Well you just haven't been here participating in any of the discussions. Over the last few days the notion of a Nagash DLC been mentioned in several threads.

That said Nagash will be a Lord Pack DLC at best... Not because Nagash isn't desired or iconic, but because there's a dearth of content to package with him.

Personally I think hes more likely to be the Sarthorael of TWWH3.
    Give us Doombull, Great Bray-Shaman, Wargor, and Tuskgor Chariot.

• GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 2,749Registered Users
    Azurian said:

Well, bud actually Khemria isn't the only place where he was.

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Nagashizzar
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,953Registered Users
    Heaps of people expect and want Nagash. Heck. He could be the game 3 pre-order.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~

The bottom line is that the material is for his personal race. not even take from the ceiling, it is too small. Monstrously small.

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,953Registered Users
    Azurian said:

The bottom line is that the material is for his personal race. not even take from the ceiling, it is too small. Monstrously small.
    He'd largely be a mix of TK and VC units with his own spice on top.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~

I have said this several times before , but I honestly don't think it would be hard to make a Norsca level faction for his Legions.

Some altered stats, weapon variants, and a paint job to existing skeletons, zombies and ethereal units would be equivalent to most of the human part of the roster.

Morghasts would be a good equivalent to Fimir.

Dread Abyssals (we know they can't resist unmounted monsters) would be their centerpiece like Mammoths. Would probably have a variant or 2 knowing CA.

Some sort of unmounted, repainted Zombie Dragon as a direct analog to Frost-wyrm. Direct port another monster or two justike Norsca.

What else? A handful of new units to match the Skin Wolves? There really were only 3 new models for Norsca and we have equivalents to the Mammoths and Fimir.

Seems sinple enough if they are just trying to reach Norsca quality.

I have said this several times before , but I honestly don't think it would be hard to make a Norsca level faction for his Legions.

Some altered stats, weapon variants, and a paint job to existing skeletons, zombies and ethereal units would be equivalent to most of the human part of the roster.

Dread Abyssals (we know they can't resist unmounted monsters) would be their centerpiece like Mammoths. Would probably have a variant or 2 knowing CA.

Some sort of unmounted, repainted Zombie Dragon as a direct analog to Frost-wyrm. Direct port another monster or two justike Norsca.

What else? A handful of new units to match the Skin Wolves? There really were only 3 new models for Norsca and we have equivalents to the Mammoths and Fimir.

I want to note that not one Norsky unit was created by CA, anyway they all came across in various sources of the board game.

• Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 468Registered Users
    I highly doubt it's coming in game 2, it will 99% be in game 3.

And also a Nagash dlc would be an absolute piece of garbage, it would be like reselling Vamps and Kings with one new unit and a couple of new lords if we're lucky.

No, if Nagash is to come, it should be as a "bretonnia" faction in game 3, or simple flc.
  • arghozarghoz Junior Member Posts: 241Registered Users
    How would a Nagash faction differ from vampire counts?
  • UgandaJimUgandaJim Posts: 243Registered Users
    God no. We got enough undeads in game 2. We need more Orks, Empire and Dwarfs! Ok and Beastmen ;)

A new faction should be Araby.
  • TumbleTumble Posts: 446Registered Users
    The map and campaign would benefit from more Chaos Invasion level events to mix things up. The chaos invasion is pretty stupid at the moment though. Tomb kings never seem to rise to dominance in my campaigns so a massive undead Horde led by Nagash would be a welcome threat.
  • CrossilCrossil Posts: 3,511Registered Users
    edited August 16
    Azurian said:

I want to note that not one Norsky unit was created by CA, anyway they all came across in various sources of the board game.
    Majority of which used to be in Warriors of Chaos list or were added to it in other sources. Mammoths for instance were in Tamurkhan added to WoC.

But if you want to count Norsca and WoC straight up share 10 units which either don't differ or Norscan one gets somewhat different visuals(Marauders, Marauders with great weapons, 3 Marauder Cavalry, Marauder Chariot, Trolls, Giant, Manticore, Warhounds). Not even counting that Frost Wyrm is just a different Chaos Dragon, although they at least tried to make it different.

So it seems accurate to make Nagash's Legions Norsca like.
    UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT
  • ron1404nlron1404nl Junior Member Posts: 153Registered Users
    Didn't CA that they only did DLC packs no race packs? Why would they ever want to add Nagash now.

I do hope that CA will go a bit out of the box with the rival DLC theme and maybe add units and LL for all 4 races in one DLC.

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    Unless they open up the map to include Nagashizzar just north of Lahmia I don’t see it happening.
    Lord of the Undermountain
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 5,066Registered Users

If I was given the job of planning out an Undead Legions list, I'd probably use the 4E Undead book (preceding the VC/TK split) as the starting point.
    Azurian said:

Alright show me where in the TT features the stats for Ice Wolves, Ice Wolf Chariots, or Frost Wyrms are. Werekin I also believe might be a CA creation.
  • rafantomasrafantomas Posts: 199Registered Users
    Where is the tease for Nagash for WH3? Only tease weve got is “dark dark places and chaos”
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 4,911Registered Users

Where is the tease for Nagash for WH3? Only tease weve got is “dark dark places and chaos”

Did they say they would add Nagash?

Multiple epilogues are hinting at Nagash/Legions of Nagash.
    Arkhan has a Nagash is in another Castle

Cylostra gets contacted by the Nameless one of Nagash's Mortarchs during the End Times

Luthor Harkon gets contacted by someone and offered to be Mortarch. (I had cheated on that screenshot but only because I had to restart it multiple times due to a bug messing it up so I just wanted it over and done with.)

So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,188Registered Users
    Personally I'm expecting Ol' Naggy and his Mortarchs to be the Big Bad of Game 3 as Chaos is in the previous two games.

If Chaos Dwarves and the Daemons are two playable races at launch, you'd need something that would a credible threat to them in Game 3's campaign, and Nagash certainly qualifies.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • Bonutz619Bonutz619 Posts: 519Registered Users
    I’d prefer to see Nagash in game 3. Frankly, I’m getting a little sick of all the Undead love. There are plenty of races in the game that don’t even have four legendary lords and are still missing a bunch of units.

Let the other races get improved to the correct standard before focusing on more undead stuff.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 680Registered Users
    Nagash will either be a Tomb king Hybrid like Arkhan the Black or will have its own Faction along with Neferata and some others, having Tomb king, Vampire and some unique undead creations.

So the chances of Nagash being the next DLC is very small, It will be one of the best selling DLC's so they will probably reserve it for game Three, would be nice as a Pre-order.
    Bonutz619 said:

I’d prefer to see Nagash in game 3. Frankly, I’m getting a little sick of all the Undead love. There are plenty of races in the game that don’t even have four legendary lords and are still missing a bunch of units.

Let the other races get improved to the correct standard before focusing on more undead stuff.

I have to agree with you there, I don't mind more undead, but now is not the time unless you are talking about the Red Baron being playable in the Campaign.
    edited August 17
    Arsenic said:

Personally I'm expecting Ol' Naggy and his Mortarchs to be the Big Bad of Game 3 as Chaos is in the previous two games.

If Chaos Dwarves and the Daemons are two playable races at launch, you'd need something that would a credible threat to them in Game 3's campaign, and Nagash certainly qualifies.

I don't think they will bring Nagash or the Demons as core, they are way to big sellers as DLC/Expansions.

I would not be surprised if they add CD, OK, Kislev and Cathay as core and put Araby as a Pre-order, Norsca was pre-order in TWW2 so anything can happen, Even DoW/Southern Realms if a good DLC.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 19,069Registered Users
    Draxynnic said:

If I was given the job of planning out an Undead Legions list, I'd probably use the 4E Undead book (preceding the VC/TK split) as the starting point.
    That would do only one thing, bring back mummies as a regular infantry unit instead of being exclusively lords and heroes. Everything else the united undead had is already found in the VCounts and TK lists.