Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Beastmen need a rework soooooo bad

KelefaneKelefane Posts: 1,549Registered Users
My god they are so bland and bad. And missing so much. I think they need a rework more then anyone honestly.

Comments

• MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    SFO upcoming update will be Beastmen update. It has new mechanic with hidden settlement and worldwide upkeep buff. It look so xucking great.

I hope CA update will be equally same level.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 17,209Registered Users
    They're pretty bad. Hopefully game 3 is their time for an update.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • UgandaJimUgandaJim Posts: 271Registered Users
    MrMecH said:

SFO upcoming update will be Beastmen update. It has new mechanic with hidden settlement and worldwide upkeep buff. It look so xucking great.

Exactly. Here is a reddit thread where they showed the second part of their BM update. Looks **** great :9

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/cqqwf4/sfo_beastmen_update_pt2_tribal_call_resource_new/

• LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,158Registered Users
    Kelefane said:

My god they are so bland and bad. And missing so much. I think they need a rework more then anyone honestly.

Absolutely agree, a big update and new units.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Posts: 1,353Registered Users
    @UgandaJim

That's defo going to go a long way to making them more interesting, however I will say that I don't like the idea of the Beastmen basically turning into Skaven, with them able to occupy settlements like everyone else, it totally goes against their nomadic playstyle.
  • IrongutIrongut Junior Member Posts: 57Registered Users

@UgandaJim

That's defo going to go a long way to making them more interesting, however I will say that I don't like the idea of the Beastmen basically turning into Skaven, with them able to occupy settlements like everyone else, it totally goes against their nomadic playstyle.

Yes but it's all about herdstones. You can't built anything else then them so you can't built huge beastmen cities. Don't worry it's still lorefriendly.
    @Irongut

Not the lore friendliness I'm necessarily worried about. I don't want them to have cities, I want them to get hidden bases that aren't in the ruins of settlements but instead, exist as their own things on the map, more like an Oak of ages than a settlement.

@Irongut

Not the lore friendliness I'm necessarily worried about. I don't want them to have cities, I want them to get hidden bases that aren't in the ruins of settlements but instead, exist as their own things on the map, more like an Oak of ages than a settlement.

Well that's not lorefriendly. Their herstones are always hidden deep in forests. While I see your point, best way would probably be they can only occupy settlements in forests or at least near them. But I think this is a good compromise.
    @Irongut

What's not lore friendly? When I said Oak of ages I meant in functionality not literally.

You wanna talk about lore friendly? They would never settle in cities, not even in ruins. All the Herdstones are hidden in places humans can't usually reach, let alone find.

@Irongut

What's not lore friendly? When I said Oak of ages I meant in functionality not literally.

You wanna talk about lore friendly? They would never settle in cities, not even in ruins. All the Herdstones are hidden in places humans can't usually reach, let alone find.

Calm down. I know what you wanna say.
    @Irongut

I'm not actually mad, it just came across that way. Sorry for the misunderstanding :)
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,384Registered Users
    edited August 2019
    Personally I am hoping for them to be able to place Herdstones (like placing Forts in old games), which function as "psuedo-cities", and can use the Under-Empire mechanic for hiding. maybe make it so that each army you have can place 1 - maybe make it so that this forms a territory (was suggested by someone in an old thread) that provides bonuses when upgraded to the attached army, but at higher levels negatively effects other armies. Edit, don't thin BM should be using established cities - though of course in SFO it is a mod, so far more limited in how the game can be altered.

This will keep their Horde theme, but ground them somewhat, giving them something to build upon, and top them being so "floaty", also make it easier to expand with new armies and make it so losing an army isn't so devastating.
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Posts: 852Registered Users
    MrMecH said:

I want Beastmen campaign overhauls, but without all the extra tacked on stuff that SFO has for every other faction. I'd rather wait for an actual update by CA.

@Irongut

I'm not actually mad, it just came across that way. Sorry for the misunderstanding :)

Allright 😊

MrMecH said:

I want Beastmen campaign overhauls, but without all the extra tacked on stuff that SFO has for every other faction. I'd rather wait for an actual update by CA.
    Well as long CA is not updating those factions I'm more than happy about what sfo does here.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Posts: 743Registered Users
    No, GS and Empire need their overhaul more.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • GodWillTellGodWillTell Posts: 697Registered Users
    Beastmen need some love.

#FORGHORGON
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 17,209Registered Users

@Irongut

BM's whole thing is that they're against civilisation. What you're proposing is anathema to the BM.

They do have sacred places, and places they gather intermittently, but on the whole the BM just don't do settlements.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Theo91Theo91 Posts: 1,049Registered Users
    MrMecH said:

I wouldn’t mind if CA cherrypicked some ideas for different races from SFO
  • Sparkwarrior777Sparkwarrior777 Posts: 48Registered Users
    edited August 2019
    Gather around my children, cry to the moon

GHORGON, GHORGON, GHORGON

If we cry loud and long we will have our thirst quenched,

CHAOS WILL ANSWER

https://pm1.narvii.com/6816/7548bae26383b112d041a266f5e0b62ae8211ecdv2_hq.jpg
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Posts: 1,479Registered Users
    Kelefane said:

You´re sooooooo right about that
  • Xenos7Xenos7 Posts: 5,158Registered Users

@Irongut

Can't be done via modding.
  • 10101010 Posts: 194Registered Users
    We Need Khaagor Deathhoof !
  • GoatforceGoatforce Posts: 3,384Registered Users
    1010 said:

That's a wierd way of saying Taurox
  • 10101010 Posts: 194Registered Users
    Goatforce said:

1010 said:

That's a wierd way of saying Taurox
    No, he is a different lord. But, the Brass Bull is good too.
  • KelefaneKelefane Posts: 1,549Registered Users
    I'd love to see Moonclaw and Taurox

@Vanilla_Gorilla

*Face palm*

I know that vanilla, I was speaking out against them having settlements. I want them to get hidden Herdstones rather than settlements inside ruins.
    @Xenos7

True, which is unfortunate and SFO are doing their best I know. I was just saying this is ultimately not what i want from a BM update, though it's a step in the right direction.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Posts: 743Registered Users
    edited August 2019
    As long as they get Ghorgon, another LL OR each LL become faction of its own, a rework of their Brayherds and some sort of settlement, I am good.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.