Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

It's safe to claim Nippon is guaranted in Warhammer 3.

neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 1,627Registered Users
It's simple really, CA did Shogun 2 to grab the money from the Japanese market so they will make Nippon to grab that money again, it's basically confirmed. And they can even reuse the assets so it's not a lot of work and we need good guys in Warhammer 3, right ?

Comments

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,491Registered Users
    Oh snap. Southern Realms confirmed too with all that sweet Italian dosh out of Rome 1 and 2.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • ArsenicArsenic Posts: 4,537Registered Users
    neodeinos said:

It's simple really, CA did Shogun 2 to grab the money from the Japanese market so they will make Nippon to grab that money again, it's basically confirmed. And they can even reuse the assets so it's not a lot of work and we need good guys in Warhammer 3, right ?

Don't expect anything that can't comfortably fit in that datamined combined map.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • GettoGeckoGettoGecko Posts: 801Registered Users
  • neodeinosneodeinos Posts: 1,627Registered Users
    Arsenic said:

neodeinos said:

Don't expect anything that can't comfortably fit in that datamined combined map.
    But CA only wants the money and the Japanese market is a lot of money so Nippon confirmed !!!
  • cat59cat59 Posts: 457Registered Users
    Arsenic said:

neodeinos said:

You mean that thing that's over two years old now, I think, that's already outdated? Yeah, reliable, up-to-date information coming from that cobweb covered map, for sure.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Posts: 1,573Registered Users
    This is some excellent satire. I love it.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,633Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Sorry, nothing to do with the gme or game play but is idle speculation on future business decisions by Creative Assembly. Moved to TW Chat.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
    edited August 16
    dge1 said:

Sorry, nothing to do with the gme or game play but is idle speculation on future business decisions by Creative Assembly. Moved to TW Chat.

So why the threads making such speculation for Cathay are not moved there ?
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,092Registered Users
    neodeinos said:

So, you're saying that despite CA selling more copies in the Chinese market than they ever imagined and specifically planning to gain a further foothold in the Chinese market they wouldn't possibly think about adding Cathay? When the evidence shows that products that at least feature China do better in a Chinese market? Totally impossible?

You're right, If I were CA I wouldn't allow the fact that 3K doubled the sales of Warhammer, by far the largest jump between games. Naah - go Kislev!
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Posts: 16,367Registered Users
    I gather this is some convoluted attack on Cathay, but I'm more disappointed in the abuse of the word guaranteed.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
  • Federykx99Federykx99 Posts: 562Registered Users
    neodeinos said:

dge1 said:

Sorry, it's the Cathay fans conspiracy, they have payed the mods to strike down all sarcasm and snarkiness towards them.
    Tin foil hat on.
    Yep, saying, "I wonder if the fact that 3K sold double that of Warhammer may have an effect on future Warhammer games", is equated as "Cathay confirmed!"
    neodeinos said:

dge1 said:

This isn't a Nippon speculation thread. This is an attack on Cathay thread as this comment demonstrates.
    Game 3 must have variety in its core races. Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs, Kislev, and Demons of Chaos in its full iconic, glorious, undivided glory.
    It's not an "attack on Cathay", Jesus, relax. It's just poking lighthearted fun at all the threads were people take anything and use it to present Cathay as a likely faction.
    edited August 16

neodeinos said:

dge1 said:

This isn't a Nippon speculation thread. This is an attack on Cathay thread as this comment demonstrates.
    Calm down that's not an attack at all, I was just joking about the people saying the Chinese market is the main argument for Cathay.

Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,057Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    Side conversation removed.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

dge1 said:

Calm down that's not an attack at all, I was just joking about the people saying the Chinese market is the main argument for Cathay.

I'm the captain of team Chill.

If it's a joke y'all should be fine that it got moved then.

The Chinese market is a main reason for adding Cathay. It's actually a rather common sense one. CA's actively engaging the Chinese market, Cathay's literally another name for China. Logical.
    Looks like you lost your captaincy.
    Over my cold, dead, Chill t-shirt.

While I'm at it too this "Joke" is mocking a view no one has. No one thinks Cathay is guaranteed. Thus this reverses in on itself.
  • VildvargVildvarg Posts: 122Registered Users
    This is ridiculous. This even blankly sarcastic post holds just as much water as any Cathay is going to happen because of 3K thread.

I sense a bloody double standard. If you consider this to be out of Warhammer discussion, so too deserves the 3k to Cathay threads the same fate.
    Vildvarg said:

This is ridiculous. This even blankly sarcastic post holds just as much water as any Cathay is going to happen because of 3K thread.

I sense a bloody double standard. If you consider this to be out of Warhammer discussion, so too deserves the 3k to Cathay threads the same fate.

I agree. If there's a Cathay thread made to mock a view that nobody holds then it should absolutely go here. Happily none of the Cathay threads are like that.
    edited August 17

While I'm at it too this "Joke" is mocking a view no one has. No one thinks Cathay is guaranteed. Thus this reverses in on itself.

No one thinks Cathay is guaranteed ? You've never seen a Cathay fanboys thread did you ?
    On mine I said there are major organisations who add features to make their product viable for the Chinese market.. wonder if that will have an effect on game 3. Now, if that means me saying "Cathay confirmed" - cool.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 2,263Registered Users
    dge1 said:

Why is there a 5 page thread that is pure business speculation that gets to stay?
    neodeinos said:

No one thinks Cathay is guaranteed ? You've never seen a Cathay fanboys thread did you ?
    There aren't even Cathay fanboys. There's people who would like to see Cathay in and that's it. Neither the argument, nor the people you're talking about exist. At least not on the English forums.

That fan made Cathay map was awesome. Good on them, good guys.

neodeinos said:

There aren't even Cathay fanboys. There's people who would like to see Cathay in and that's it. Neither the argument, nor the people you're talking about exist. At least not on the English forums.

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist.
    When someone (positively) says "I think Cathay may be an option because of this and that" and then continues to discuss how the faction would work in the game, it's discussing the game as well as the reasons why. When I make this type of thread I have less interest in the business side and more interest in the possibilities for the game that Cathay would bring up. The business part is an intro to a wider conversation.

On this thread is anyone going to start discussing how good it would be to have Nippon in the game? No, it will focus on the CA's business model and nothing else.

That's not to mention the idea of using a "Nippon confirmed" argument to shine a light on a "This happened with 3K, I wonder if" thread.

I just have this feeling that the idea of Cathay gets a few people very excitable.

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist.
    Them not existing means they don't exist.

The thread this seeks to mock simply does not claim or imply Cathay is confirmed. Doesn't even go anywhere near saying that.
  • VildvargVildvarg Posts: 122Registered Users

neodeinos said:

While I don't want to drag into semantics, you have to be blind not to see people grasping onto the smallest straw to see Cathay a reality or whatever is next to it.

I see no difference between the people who declare Cathay is highly likely to happen because of the success of 3K and fanboys because honestly a similar style in Culture is very little to go on a tangent about.

Sure, a lot of people like Asian aesthetics, but there's almost nothing aside from hype, lore scraps and a couple named but not stated units to build Cathay off of.

That people believe Cathay should be in front of the likes of Kislev for instance is enough proof for any supposed "Fanboys" when Kislev at least had a White Dwarf army book.

I have nothing against hopeful individuals but I'm leery of CA's ability to do Cathay in a balanced and even handed light, and I'll always stand against them being added before any more fleshed out races.

Obviously I can't speak for anyone aside from myself, but I'm galled whenever I see these multiple over the months Cathay threads casually casting aside Kislev and the like because they want their Asian Aesthetic fantasies fulfilled, and I can't think of a more polite term than that because there is extremely little else to go on in their lore.
    edited August 19
    Vildvarg said:

neodeinos said:

While I don't want to drag into semantics, you have to be blind not to see people grasping onto the smallest straw to see Cathay a reality or whatever is next to it.

I see no difference between the people who declare Cathay is highly likely to happen because of the success of 3K and fanboys because honestly a similar style in Culture is very little to go on a tangent about.

Sure, a lot of people like Asian aesthetics, but there's almost nothing aside from hype, lore scraps and a couple named but not stated units to build Cathay off of.

That people believe Cathay should be in front of the likes of Kislev for instance is enough proof for any supposed "Fanboys" when Kislev at least had a White Dwarf army book.

I have nothing against hopeful individuals but I'm leery of CA's ability to do Cathay in a balanced and even handed light, and I'll always stand against them being added before any more fleshed out races.

Obviously I can't speak for anyone aside from myself, but I'm galled whenever I see these multiple over the months Cathay threads casually casting aside Kislev and the like because they want their Asian Aesthetic fantasies fulfilled, and I can't think of a more polite term than that because there is extremely little else to go on in their lore.
    The argument was:

Due to opening up the Chinese market thanks to 3K's content, it doubled the sales of 3K compared to WH1. Does it make sense that CA will see a doubling of the sales as a reason to consider adding Cathay? I'd love someone to explain what's unreasonable about that.

In reference to, Kislev is more loreful because it had a White Dwarf army list is fair. Then again, the forum was full of people stating that DoW was definitely on the way because it had an official army book and Kislev didn't.

There's nothing to get even slightly annoyed or worried about by people musing about possible new factions. let's be clear, no one knows but it's fun to guess and make wild guesses sometimes.