Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

It's safe to claim Nippon is guaranted in Warhammer 3.

2»

Comments

• united84united84 Posts: 605Registered Users
    After reading the lore on Grand Cathay. I find their faction offers some interesting lore and mechanic though.

1. The Great Bastion is quite intriguing.
    2. Possibility of humans being morph into celestial beings. Eg. Dragon Emperor, able to assume human form and morph into a dragon.
    3. Their religion are not monotheistic and appears to worship different entities (variety of cults). Possibly a new religion mechanic to balance the forces of light and shadow.
    4. New military system using the banner system (similar to Qing Dynasty). Only elite units can be recruited by Yellow Banners & Yellow Banners can only be formed by Royalties. Aristocrats can form Red banner army with regulars but cannot recruit imperial troops. The non-cathayan generals (cheap to maintain and recruit) may form green banner which only allows cheap infantry and militias to be form.

Grand Cathay lore blends a lot of the chinese history and culture into the lore. For example, the Military bannermen is a Qing Military system (very interesting but complex to narrate, could write an essay about this).

Not very interested in Warhammer 3 but if Grand Cathay is included with really cool mechanics being reflected from the lore, I might actually look forward to TWW3.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Posts: 4,098Registered Users
    To me the Great Bastion can offer some interesting gameplay elements. I know CA have a habit of jumping on popular film culture in their games, The Great Wall with Matt Damon comes to mind.

I believe a cult started in Cathay which is aligned to one of the Chaos Gods in a similar way to the HE and DEs.

I'd like to see them but it certainly requires some big decisions by CA.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Posts: 161Registered Users
    No chance. We already know that the 4 initial factions will be the Chaos deities. For a pre-order DLC, I imagine something like Kislev, while the rest will be ogres and chaos dwarves.
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!

No chance. We already know that the 4 initial factions will be the Chaos deities. For a pre-order DLC, I imagine something like Kislev, while the rest will be ogres and chaos dwarves.

We don't.
    Nah, we do, since the datamine info. Pretty much everything leaked has been confirmed, with only minor exceptions that do not even come close to the level of CA completely reversing its W3 designs.
    Nestor.

Nah, we do, since the datamine info. Pretty much everything leaked has been confirmed, with only minor exceptions that do not even come close to the level of CA completely reversing its W3 designs.

The datamine info didn't go as far as to state whether we would initially get monos or Chaos united. The dataminers also guessed that the Skaven would be a DLC pack. They have a lot wrong, no one can honestly say they know what's coming.
    It's pretty clear, though. The rats being moved from DLC to the 4 initial factions is quite minor in comparison to all the 4 planned factions being scrapped altogether. Nippon is simply unrealistic.
    Nestor.

The idea of a single chaos faction compared to 4 separate factions us pretty big. The data mine mentioned the most obvious factions, did they ‘know’ about the VPirates? Of course not. I also don’t think anyone believes the core races will just be daemon, that’s painfully unlikely. That was my point - we don’t know the core races will just be daemons.

At best people have argued Nippon could be part of a post 3 expansion but no ones expecting it. Equally no ones expecting the 4 core races to be daemon.
    Except we do know that it will be the four Chaos gods, thanks to the wh_exp2 file. We also know from the map that Ind, Nippon and Cathay will not be featured. So far the only change has been Vampire pirates replacing the rats as DLC. That's not comparable to a complete overhaul of Wh3, as some people hope for. We are talking about a leak that even predicted the beastmen subfactions with total accuracy. Their wishful thinking is completely baseless and guaranteed to be proven incorrect.
    Nestor.

Except we do know that it will be the four Chaos gods, thanks to the wh_exp2 file. We also know from the map that Ind, Nippon and Cathay will not be featured. So far the only change has been Vampire pirates replacing the rats as DLC. That's not comparable to a complete overhaul of Wh3, as some people hope for. We are talking about a leak that even predicted the beastmen subfactions with total accuracy. Their wishful thinking is completely baseless and guaranteed to be proven incorrect.

I was discussing what will be the 4 core factions. The majority are guessing Kislev, Daemons, Ogre's and Chaos Dwarves. Practically no one believes there will only be Deamons as the starting 4 factions. I've never seen anyone claim that - for good reason.
    People either are too forgetful or allow their wishful thinking manipulate them. We know for a fact that CA planned the four Chaos gods as the 4 core factions for the second expansion. Meanwhile, Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs were planned as DLCs. That's a fact, end of story. You can argue that their plans changed, but as drastically as what you suggest or what the majority guesses is simply not believable and there is no similar precedent to justify such line of thinking.

Datamine leak for reference:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?732794-Total-War-WARHAMMER-What-factions-are-waiting-for-us-information-leak-about-the-upcoming-DLC-and-addons&s=cc2d5d3aa802855803226ef0d1646700&p=15015506&viewfull=1#post15015506
    Nestor.

• united84united84 Posts: 605Registered Users
    Datamine is not without flaws. You only see what you can datamine, doesn't mean things that does not appear in the datamine will not be in the actual game. Happens in many other game datamines. Even some datamine info are subject to change as devs and publishers change the direction of the game all the time.

Assuming GreatPamphlet's wishful thinking comes true, I find the faction composition to be odd and silly.

Forces of chaos - Daemons
    Chaos Dwarfs

Forces of Destruction - Ogre Kingdoms

Forces of Chaos and Destruction are the antagonist in the warhammer universe. Let's say Kislev made it to the game, that's probably the only protagonist faction for TWW3 which is rather odd since TWW1 and TWW2 all had balance antagonist and protagonist in the game.

TWW1 - Empire, Dwarf, Vampire, Orcs.
    TWW2 - HE, Lizardmen, Skaven, DE.

I dont see how and why TWW3's formula should be any different, perhaps these are wishful thinking as well lol.
    Yeah I am sure that the balance between goodies and baddies should take priority over leaked information and actual business practices. What I describe is not wishful thinking, as I have no vendetta against Cathay or Nippon. I'm just stating facts. You may find them disappointing, but CA has already faced difficulties when reality did not match her fan's baseless expectations.
    Nestor.

People either are too forgetful or allow their wishful thinking manipulate them. We know for a fact that CA planned the four Chaos gods as the 4 core factions for the second expansion. Meanwhile, Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs were planned as DLCs. That's a fact, end of story. You can argue that their plans changed, but as drastically as what you suggest or what the majority guesses is simply not believable and there is no similar precedent to justify such line of thinking.

Datamine leak for reference:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?732794-Total-War-WARHAMMER-What-factions-are-waiting-for-us-information-leak-about-the-upcoming-DLC-and-addons&s=cc2d5d3aa802855803226ef0d1646700&p=15015506&viewfull=1#post15015506

You're the only person on this forum that believes that. Are you honestly saying that CA had already made concrete decisions on what races would be in game 3 in terms of what would be DLC and what wouldn't? We don't know that, they may have had it as an idea at one point during planning but there's nothing concrete there. The 'data minors' failed to guess anything beyond core races or those races that would need to be added (lack of darkland entities meant pretty much anyone could guess the CDs would be in game 3.

Where do the mention the Chaos, Norsca, VampireCoast, DLC. This is about the same as a psychic would get right.. good guesses for the few they got right.

If this is your idea of Monos confirmed then you are following in the proud tradition on this thread of misusing the word - confirmed.

Yeah I am sure that the balance between goodies and baddies should take priority over leaked information and actual business practices. What I describe is not wishful thinking, as I have no vendetta against Cathay or Nippon. I'm just stating facts. You may find them disappointing, but CA has already faced difficulties when reality did not match her fan's baseless expectations.

I just think you're putting too much weight into a lot of guesswork.
    united84 said:

Datamine is not without flaws. You only see what you can datamine, doesn't mean things that does not appear in the datamine will not be in the actual game. Happens in many other game datamines. Even some datamine info are subject to change as devs and publishers change the direction of the game all the time.

Assuming GreatPamphlet's wishful thinking comes true, I find the faction composition to be odd and silly.

Forces of chaos - Daemons
    Chaos Dwarfs

Forces of Destruction - Ogre Kingdoms

Forces of Chaos and Destruction are the antagonist in the warhammer universe. Let's say Kislev made it to the game, that's probably the only protagonist faction for TWW3 which is rather odd since TWW1 and TWW2 all had balance antagonist and protagonist in the game.

TWW1 - Empire, Dwarf, Vampire, Orcs.
    TWW2 - HE, Lizardmen, Skaven, DE.

I dont see how and why TWW3's formula should be any different, perhaps these are wishful thinking as well lol.

Agreed, it simply won't be 4 Chaos factions to start.. that would be game sale suicide.
    Firstly we're talking about core races here. Secondly, everything Datamine leaked has been confirmed with the exception of Skaven being swapped with Vampirates. That's all. The information was 100% accurate for Beastmen, Woodelves and Tomb Kings and the rest of the core races. There's no reason to believe that CA will alter its plans, when the reason for doing so in W2 (three core factions) is not present in W3.
    Nestor.

Firstly we're talking about core races here. Secondly, everything Datamine leaked has been confirmed with the exception of Skaven being swapped with Vampirates. That's all. The information was 100% accurate for Beastmen, Woodelves and Tomb Kings and the rest of the core races. There's no reason to believe that CA will alter its plans, when the reason for doing so in W2 (three core factions) is not present in W3.

Ok.. if you think the 4 core races will just be Deamons - good luck with that.
    Let's wait and see.
    Nestor.

Let's wait and see.

I can't wait.. introducing.. Chaos, Chaos, Chaos and Chaos..